Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Thread: Arkansas (13-7, 2-4) vs. (12)Alabama (15-4; 2-3)

Started by Hogtropolis™, January 27, 2007, 01:50:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fourthcrusade

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on January 27, 2007, 04:11:06 pm
Road SEC Wins:

Arkansas: 1
Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State, LSU: 0

That's the only stat that matters. 

Guys, enjoy a win.  We all wanted a road wini.  We get it.  And we complain?  Understand the late run, but come on.  Be happy for once!

im amazed at the negativity on here

Magister

Quote from: Phenomenal One on January 27, 2007, 04:09:04 pm
Quote from: 1MeanHog on January 27, 2007, 04:06:44 pm
Quote from: Phenomenal One on January 27, 2007, 04:05:20 pm
Quote from: 1MeanHog on January 27, 2007, 04:04:35 pm
Quote from: Phenomenal One on January 27, 2007, 04:04:06 pm
It's over . . . big win by the Hogs

Woo Pig Sooie!!!!
Lucky Win

It should have been by more than that.  I wouldn't call it luck
It's Luck, Trust, me It's Luck we didn't blow the biggest lead ever and choke.

True Dat

Yeah, you know how it is.

Whenever we lose a game we're the worst team ever and it's poor coaching.

Whenever we win a game it's all luck.  Our players' performance has no bearing on the outcome whatsoever.

Right.

I wish you would go tell Charles Thomas or Steven Hill that what they did today was luck.

Good luck.
Pay no attention to what the critics say; A statue has never been set up in honor of a critic.

--Jean Sibelius

Pignominious

Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: artyhog on January 27, 2007, 04:12:51 pm
Hogs were +13 in rebounding.  WOW

Yes...that's not a bad thing to take away from this game either.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

fourthcrusade

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on January 27, 2007, 04:16:03 pm
Quote from: Yindao on January 27, 2007, 04:05:02 pm
come on fresh legs..

he deserves two days upright!

He can go sideways.

WTH we just beat the #12 team on the road... 5th biggest road win ever.  EVER..

he should be upright all week.

artyhog

That was not luck today.

They played hard.  Bama made their run.  Hogs held them off.

No luck

hogsailor

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: HOG FAN 4 LIFE on January 27, 2007, 04:15:02 pm
Alabama has no class!  Booing thomas when he was injured, by the obvious intentional push by Hendrix in the chest.  The commentators were retarded saying he went for the ball.  They have to be paying the refs in Tuscaloosa too, cause that was one side officiating with so many no calls leading to Arkansas turnovers.  The steele buzzer beater against Georgia is a perfect example.  SHOW SOME CLASS BAMA!!!
+1
That was pissing me off.  I would never boo when a player is down.  I don't care how bad the call was or how crucial a part of the game it was.

jbcarol

Florida has jumped way ahead on host and West Division leader Auburn early.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: Hogtropolis on January 27, 2007, 04:12:38 pm
3-4 in conference now with a downhill schedule after the Kent. game.  I'm not disappointed.  We could still easily finish the conference 10-6 which will easily win the West IMO.

I think the downhill schedule starts now.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

TRUHOG718

Woo Pig Sooie!!!!
Lucky Win

It should have been by more than that.  I wouldn't call it luck

Did luck get us the big lead too.....No it was solid defense. taking care of the ball. and playing to our strengths on offense(sonny mid range jumpers). Get a clue because im not even going to respond to this again even if you respond back. Bama is a good team they were going to make a run. Instaed of the first four minutes it was the last four of the second half. We weathered their storm better than they weathered ours. great road win for Arkansas. Luck That.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

jbcarol

Quote from: Hogtropolis on January 27, 2007, 04:17:42 pm
Alabama has no class!  Booing thomas when he was injured, by the obvious intentional push by Hendrix in the chest.  The commentators were retarded saying he went for the ball.  They have to be paying the refs in Tuscaloosa too, cause that was one side officiating with so many no calls leading to Arkansas turnovers.  The steele buzzer beater against Georgia is a perfect example.  SHOW SOME CLASS BAMA!!!
+1
That was pissing me off.  I would never boo when a player is down.  I don't care how bad the call was or how crucial a part of the game it was.

I will never be a 'Bama fan apologist.  From what you can tell was there any chance they were booing the fact the foul was called intentional rather than jeering the player.  Either way, to boo while a player is on the floor takes a lot of class.  Unfortunately it is all third class.

artyhog

Hogs had 43 rebounds Bama had 30.

Bama is 1st or 2nd in rebounds in the SEC and in the Top 10 in the NCAA, I believe.

Hog_Beatz

To give them the benefit of the doubt, the push was underneath and they couldn't see it.  They only started booing when the call was switched.  I've been at BWA when we've booed at the refs while players were down, including our own.  It was an emotional ending and they were pumped up. 

As for the officiating it was actually pretty well officiated from what I saw.  Alabama did get a little aggressive at the end, but IMO it was officiated pretty well.  There was nothing in that game that made me think about the officiating.  Alabama was trying to make a comeback at home and were playing with alot of energy, as an official you should not have an affect on the game, and if the team establishes that is how they are going to play, and does so cleanly then you let them play.  How many times do you hear that the refs should let them play.  That is there job, and that is what they did.  When you're in a trap with nowhere to go with the ball, you're not going to get a call.  Give credit to the pesky Alabma D at the end of the game, and our lack of ball movement, but don't put that on the officials.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on January 27, 2007, 04:23:50 pm

Woo Pig Sooie!!!!
Lucky Win

It should have been by more than that.  I wouldn't call it luck

Did luck get us the big lead too.....No it was solid defense. taking care of the ball. and playing to our strengths on offense(sonny mid range jumpers). Get a clue because im not even going to respond to this again even if you respond back. Bama is a good team they were going to make a run. Instaed of the first four minutes it was the last four of the second half. We weathered their storm better than they weathered ours. great road win for Arkansas. Luck That.

I absolutely agree with you Truhog.  Luck had NOTHING to do with this win.  We beat the #12 team in the nation, on their floor.  They had a 17 game winning streak at home.  And we played a GREAT GAME the first 32 minutes or so.  Then Alabama made a run, and we showed some heart and character to hold them off.  Way to go Hogs!!  I believe it is obvious by the two games against Alabama that the better team won today.  Not the luckiest team.

elksnort

The way Alabama is playing, they should not be 12 in the Country. This is poppycock.

Bomis Hawg

It is easier to stay ranked in hoops, mainly because you could (in theory) play 3 games before a new ranking comes out.  In conference play, it's usually 2. 

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on January 27, 2007, 09:13:10 pm
It is easier to stay ranked in hoops, mainly because you could (in theory) play 3 games before a new ranking comes out.  In conference play, it's usually 2. 
It is easier to be ranked, but it is also harder to get into the rankings. (if you aren't already ranked)