Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***IF YOU AREN'T WATCHING HILL'S COMING OUT PARTY VS. LSU, YOU ARE MISSING OUT

Started by allyoucaneatbuffet, January 20, 2007, 04:22:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

allyoucaneatbuffet

THIS KID CAN DO NO WRONG

About 7 dunks already, 4 alley oops, he is AMAZING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_Collin1

Wow.  Attention SEC, block out on 51.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

jschulte

We could have used him (and his dunks) a few months ago!  Man, he is playing with some heart, and he is enjoying it!

bird21

i was bout to make a thread dedicated to him haha

Table Rocker

his NBA stock is rising fast. he's gotten about 5 oops this game. now you might say, how hard is it to catch and oop and dunk but he's recognizing when his guards are penatrating and attacking the rim, they lob it up and he slams it home. his hands have improved 100% he's been great.

_Collin1

Quote from: Table Rocker on January 20, 2007, 04:25:07 pm
his NBA stock is rising fast. he's gotten about 5 oops this game. now you might say, how hard is it to catch and oop and dunk but he's recognizing when his guards are penatrating and attacking the rim, they lob it up and he slams it home. his hands have improved 100% he's been great.
He learns a drop step he goes from a 2nd round pick to a 1st round pick IMO.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Table Rocker

Quote from: BigC51 on January 20, 2007, 04:26:05 pm
Quote from: Table Rocker on January 20, 2007, 04:25:07 pm
He learns a drop step he goes from a 2nd round pick to a 1st round pick IMO.

exactly right

Table Rocker

PMCANALLY

TeamTaylor--- u wanna fut wit me?

WPS!

Sanctified Swine

incredible hustle.  7 footer diving on the floor, playing his guts out

Razorzac

Go Hogs.

Frankycottonrow

rzrbak_chic09

this game has been so much fun to watch, we've had alot of guys doin good today...steven has got to be the best though, those oops were NICE!

elkhog

Hill is definately "coming out" this year.  I'll give Stan credit for developing him.  Its good to see Hill making a difference this year.
GO HOGS!!!

allyoucaneatbuffet

Hill will go pro this year, if not, if he stays, he is a top 10 pick, for real

he SCREAMS of the "NBADRaft type"

OKC

pneaville

God is a Razorback

allyoucaneatbuffet

Dugann

last this and last game he's been super and even very good in the other.... maybe he is turning into what we all was hope'in he would be.  go go steven.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

jfb_is_god

I like how Weems makes a consistent effort to get Hill the ball.  He seems to know the right situations to get Hill involved.  Doesnt try to force it too him when hes covered
The wicked witch is dead!

<br /><br /><br /><br />
Quote from: BigDeal on February 25, 2007, 01:29:54 am<br />
Quote from: HaWg 10 on February 25, 2007, 01:22:15 am<br />what the hell is the heinzelman ?<br />
<br /><br />Your kidding, right ?<br />

PorcineSublime

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on January 20, 2007, 04:54:01 pm
Hill will go pro this year, if not, if he stays, he is a top 10 pick, for real

he SCREAMS of the "NBADRaft type"
He goes pro this year and he leaves millions on the table. He is still not first round yet. Of course if he shows up every game for the rest of the year like this, you might be right. He has learned how to be aggresive offensively, now if he gets a signature move, he could definitely be a lotto pick.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

FBPLAYER65

LMAO@you people. Hill will not be drafted. You gotta be kidding me. Top 10 pick? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Jesus. This is a nice win and all and I am proud of him but cool it on the blind homerism. He has no offensive moves and is a 25% free throw shooter. Maybe if he improves his offense next year he will be a late 2nd rounder.

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on January 20, 2007, 05:31:40 pm
LMAO@you people. Hill will not be drafted. You gotta be kidding me. Top 10 pick? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Jesus. This is a nice win and all and I am proud of him but cool it on the blind homerism. He has no offensive moves and is a 25% free throw shooter. Maybe if he improves his offense next year he will be a late 2nd rounder.

hello, the nba drafts on "potential".   Rendaldo Balkman from South Carolina???? 

Hill WILL be draftred.  he's a 7 Foot shot blocker that can be aggressive on offense.  we could run the oop prolly 20 times a game if that's all we did.  what team wouldn't want him?  he is a force on 'd'.

PiggoBitttys

NBA draft is as much about potential as it is about skills. You can't coach 7'1". Steven already has great defensive skills, a team can take the time to develop his offensive skills.

hogsmaster

Hill is proven me wrong about his hands.  After the Texas game where he fumbled a lob-pass, I said he had poor hands, but he caught everything today.  It's good to be wrong and to see him be some much more aggressive on the offensive end by going for the dunk at every opportunity.  Wished Townes would do the same. 

razor rob

I have to believe because I saw it. The guy was following shots to the basket and frustrating Big Baby on the other end today.
But I remember the transformation we saw out of Ervin in the Alabama game, and then the relapse. But Ervin played pretty well today as well.
And how about Sonny Weems shooting 3s?
Nice all around effort.

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

FBPLAYER65

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on January 20, 2007, 05:33:47 pm

hello, the nba drafts on "potential".   Rendaldo Balkman from South Carolina???? 

Hill WILL be draftred.  he's a 7 Foot shot blocker that can be aggressive on offense.  we could run the oop prolly 20 times a game if that's all we did.  what team wouldn't want him?  he is a force on 'd'.
Ok let's make a bet. You name the price. If Hill goes first round you win. If he doesn't I win.

hoggin4thetruth

Most def a career for Hill. He showed signs of offensive improvement(confidence) wed. in the Georgia heartbreaker. Would like to see progress in his hook(hard to block a lefty) but very pleased with his energy and execution on both sides of the ball. Good job Stan and Steven. GO HOGS :D
"It's too early to tell"-my favorite professor

Ross U (HDHF)

Late in the game (after Steven was pulled to recieve his ovation) a fan behind the bench started the back-and-forth cheer, but instead of ARKANSAS --> RAZORBACKS it was STEVEN --> HILL.  Hill was crackin up.  You can tell he enjoyed himself today.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on January 20, 2007, 05:55:20 pm
Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on January 20, 2007, 05:33:47 pm

hello, the nba drafts on "potential".   Rendaldo Balkman from South Carolina???? 

Ok let's make a bet. You name the price. If Hill goes first round you win. If he doesn't I win.
Hill is ready to play in the NBA now as a defensive player, and if he plays like he has the last two games offensively for the rest of the year and next year, then he WILL be chosen in the first round.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: HopelesslyDevotedHogFan on January 20, 2007, 06:12:46 pm
Late in the game (after Steven was pulled to recieve his ovation) a fan behind the bench started the back-and-forth cheer, but instead of ARKANSAS --> RAZORBACKS it was STEVEN --> HILL.  Hill was crackin up.  You can tell he enjoyed himself today.
+1...that was a fun chant.  The old guy was really getting into it.

blue

I have questioned his heart, toughness, offense, aggressiveness, even that goofy look he can have.

GOOD ANSWER!!!

razor rob

I Tivo'd the game. I keep going back to the one alley oop where Hill was WAY UP THERE. Hard to tell because of camera angle, but looked to be above the square of the backboard. Never knew he had that kind of athletic ability. And he was hustling all over the floor.

WxHog

Steven Hill is shooting 91 % from the field over his last four games.

Of course, it's hard to miss when so many of your shots are dunks.  :D

Zen_Hog

Well it's a good thing he's only dunking, because jumpshots, hookshots, and 3 pointers isn't his forte.

razorbacker80

Great progress on the offensive side moving without the ball. 
The next improvement is to develop an offensive game with the ball.
I was impressed today with what I saw. 

elksnort

Joe Klein and Nelson Catalina are both high on Steven Hill. Klein said that Hill does not necessarily have to be great at offense to be NBA bound.

Look at Ben Wallace, Dennis Rodman. On one of the dunks, Hill was way the h3ll up there! He is an athlete. He just has to bring it!

silvertip

Quote from: Razorzac on January 20, 2007, 04:29:42 pm
Where has this kid been for the last 2 1/2 years?

Where have YOU been? Those of us who pay attention have seen it coming.
Including Stan Heath.

Next thing, you will be asking, "Where has Michael Washington been the last 2 years?"  Guess what? Big men take time to develop. Something that  Nolan could never figure out.

silvertip

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on January 20, 2007, 07:00:36 pm
Well it's a good thing he's only dunking, because jumpshots, hookshots, and 3 pointers isn't his forte.

It's a good thing that knowledge of basketball is not your forte. Because you are clueless....

Geeez, where's that kissmybutt icon?

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: silvertip on January 20, 2007, 07:24:23 pm
Quote from: Razorzac on January 20, 2007, 04:29:42 pm
Where has this kid been for the last 2 1/2 years?

Where have YOU been? Those of us who pay attention have seen it coming.
Including Stan Heath.

Next thing, you will be asking, "Where has Michael Washington been the last 2 years?"  Guess what? Big men take time to develop. Something that  Nolan could never figure out.
Michael Washington has the body and the skills to be a BEAST once he settles in. 

cosmodrum

This performance is what we've been waiting for from this kid. He delivered. I hopes he keeps on playing with the sack he did today.

WPS!
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on January 20, 2007, 07:00:36 pm

No kidding! Most 7 footers can drain it from anywhere! Look at Shaq...
Go away, batin'