Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Thread: (16) LSU Tigers (13-4; 2-1) vs. Arkansas Razorbacks (12-6; 1-3)

Started by artyhog, January 20, 2007, 02:32:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

artyhog

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

bigyellowdog

Good win by the Hogs today.  They rebounded from the UGA loss very well.

WestMemphisHogFan

TRUHOG718

http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

artyhog

I'm out of here.

Glad to see teh Hogs win a big won on National TV.

TRUHOG718

WestMemphisHogFan

CBS in Memphis went to Uconn game also.  I'm sure John Calipari is behind it.

artyhog

artyhog

TRUHOG718

allyoucaneatbuffet

EXCELLENT win

Course now im watching UConn's Doug Wiggins and Sampson's Indiana... ggrrrrr

TRUHOG718

Hill player of the game for us 2x in a row.. Man i hope this is a sign of good things to come

Bomis Hawg

Final:  Arkansas 72; LSU 52.

19,302 in attendance.

2pt: Arkansas (18/32 56); LSU (16/41 39%)
3pt: Arkansas (8/20 40%); LSU (5/19 26%)
FT: Arkansas (12/16 75%); LSU (5/8 63%)
Boards: Arkansas 37; LSU 31
Offensive: Arkansas 9; LSU 11
Second Chance Pts: Arkansas 9; LSU 5
Assists: Arkansas 19; LSU 10
Turnovers: Arkansas 15; LSU 16
Pts off turnovers: Arkansas 13; LSU 8

joeyself

OK, when the conference season started, 2-3 looked like an acceptable start.  I just figured the losses would have been 'Bama, Florida and LSU, not Fla., Ga., and Ole Miss.

Odd, innit?

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Tejano Jawg

Sweeeeet. Enjoyed it Arty, Tru, Bomis, Table, Dwight, et al... Woooooooo PIG SOOIE.  :razorback:
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

pneaville

God is a Razorback

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Bomis Hawg

Individual Stats:

Steven Hill: 16 pts; 7 boards; 3 blk; 3 asts; 2 stls
Sonny Weems: 13 pts; 4 treys; 5 boards; 3 asts
Charles Thomas: 11 pts; 10 boards
Gary Ervin: 11 pts; 4 boards; 7 asts; 3 stls; 3 TOs (One, to me, doesn't count)
Darian Townes: 10 pts; 4 boards; 2 blks
Patrick Beverley: 9 pts; 5 boards; 4 asts; 5 TO
Vincent Hunter: 2 pts; 3 stls

LSU
Glen Davis: 16 pts (6/16 shooting); 8 boards
Terry Martin: 10 pts
Garrett Temple: 9 pts; 3 stls; 3 asts; 3 boards; 3 TO
Tasmin Mitchell: 6 pts; 4 boards; 6 TO
Magnum Rolle: 4 pts; 5 boards
Darnell Lazare: 4 pts; 2 boards.

HeathWimp

Always glad to admit when I am wrong about a loss I predicted...Go hogs!
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Table Rocker

thanks everyone, especially bomis, always fun to watch the hogs with hogville. every one have a great saturday night, those shiners will taste a little bit better tonite. be safe guys, WPS!

jbcarol

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on January 20, 2007, 04:51:53 pm
CBS in Memphis went to Uconn game also.  I'm sure John Calipari is behind it.

I'll guarantee it!  The Boston station would always leave the '94 and '95 Hog Team's games early when he was at UMass.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

joeyself

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on January 20, 2007, 04:59:14 pm
Individual Stats:

Steven Hill: 16 pts; 7 boards; 3 blk; 3 asts; 2 stls
Sonny Weems: 13 pts; 4 treys; 5 boards; 3 asts
Charles Thomas: 11 pts; 10 boards
Gary Ervin: 11 pts; 4 boards; 7 asts; 3 stls; 3 TOs (One, to me, doesn't count)
Darian Townes: 10 pts; 4 boards; 2 blks
Patrick Beverley: 9 pts; 5 boards; 4 asts; 5 TO
Vincent Hunter: 2 pts; 3 stls

LSU
Glen Davis: 16 pts (6/16 shooting); 8 boards
Terry Martin: 10 pts
Garrett Temple: 9 pts; 3 stls; 3 asts; 3 boards; 3 TO
Tasmin Mitchell: 6 pts; 4 boards; 6 TO
Magnum Rolle: 4 pts; 5 boards
Darnell Lazare: 4 pts; 2 boards.

Do you have the minutes played?  Stan didn't substitute too much today--kept the flow of the team going, and didn't see to hurt anything late.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Queen Hog

I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

aristotle

Great win Hogs. The Tigers are going through their predictable meltdown mode calling for Brady's head. Somebody referred to him as the "Houston Nutt of SEC basketball". I got a little chuckle out it.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=3736120

Table Rocker

Quote from: aristotle on January 20, 2007, 05:03:03 pm
Great win Hogs. The Tigers are going through their predictable meltdown mode calling for Brady's head. Somebody referred to him as the "Houston Nutt of SEC basketball". I got a little chuckle out it.

LOL

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: joeyself on January 20, 2007, 05:00:47 pm
Do you have the minutes played?  Stan didn't substitute too much today--kept the flow of the team going, and didn't see to hurt anything late.

JcS

39 for Beverley.  38 for Weems.  35 for Ervin.  34 for Hill.  24 for Thomas.  19 for Townes.  6 for Welsh.  5 for Hunter.

jbcarol

LMBO

jbcarol

Brady insisted on calling his own plays today overriding the OC. 

joeyself

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on January 20, 2007, 05:04:45 pm

JcS

39 for Beverley.  38 for Weems.  35 for Ervin.  34 for Hill.  24 for Thomas.  19 for Townes.  6 for Welsh.  5 for Hunter.

Thanks.  I knew Hill and Townes played together a lot--maybe the most I'd seen them play together this year, and the minutes confirm that. 

39 minutes for Beverly is a bit too much, though.  Someone's going to have to spell him for about 3-4 minutes per half.

JcS

ShellOilOperator

Quote from: joeyself on January 20, 2007, 05:07:28 pm

JcS

Thanks.  I knew Hill and Townes played together a lot--maybe the most I'd seen them play together this year, and the minutes confirm that. 

39 minutes for Beverly is a bit too much, though.  Someone's going to have to spell him for about 3-4 minutes per half.

JcS

In the first half at one point I think they had Hill, Townes, and Hunter in the game.

huntsducks

Great win for the Hogs today...but I would still have liked to see the subs come in a little earlier. I mean, they came in for like 15 seconds.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 AM
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

joeyself

Quote from: ShellOilOperator on January 20, 2007, 05:19:01 pm
Quote from: joeyself on January 20, 2007, 05:07:28 pm

JcS

JcS

In the first half at one point I think they had Hill, Townes, and Hunter in the game.
Yes, because I remembered that line some coach used about us when we had Hastings, Alan Zahn and Steve Scholl on the front line.  He said we reminded him of the Russian team with all that size. 

And Townes, Hill and Hunter were even taller.  Hunter was at the point of the defense.

JcS