Go Stan!

Started by RealSmartGuy, January 13, 2007, 05:34:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSmartGuy

No Consistency, not now, not ever

JustoHogFan

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on January 13, 2007, 05:34:22 pm
No Consistency, not now, not ever

I couldnt agree more, Ive tried so many times to give Heath a chance but he just ends up smashing that chance in my face. I know there is alot of BB left but we always play to the level of comp. If they suck we suck mentality for Heath. If their good we almost win..

hog caller

it's a young team so get used to them not winning them all.

Topcat

How could the Razorbacks play this bad against a bunch of second level scrubs from Ole Miss? One word describes it. LOSERS

AHSC412

Quote from: Topcat on January 13, 2007, 05:51:58 pm
How could the Razorbacks play this bad against a bunch of second level scrubs from Ole Miss? One word describes it. LOSERS

This team is young. Get a grip. Inconsistency is a trademark of a young team.

bacon bits

It is always an excuse for football and basketball----we are too young and cant play consistent. Ole Miss won one game last year in the leagule and they will win one game this year---us. When are we going to get a coach that can win consistently. Dont give the excuse we will be better next year. It aint going to happen.

Sow’sEar

Quote from: hog caller on January 13, 2007, 05:49:46 pm
YOUNG?!?  hOW MANY JUNIORS ARE PLAYING ON THIS TEAM?  THIS IS A VETERAN TEAM.

501Ben

Seems like just the other all of yall were jumping on the band wagon saying how good this team was going to be, how fickle Arkansas fans are. This team will be good; I have said that from the beginning. They are young in SEC experience, but the light will go in their heads soon.

PiggyBack

That is uncalled for.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

JustoHogFan

Quote from: hog caller on January 13, 2007, 05:49:46 pm

Young Team? we only 3 freshman and 1 soph. on the whole team! How is that young?

PiggyBack

Folks:

WE GOT SCREWED TODAY!! 

You can't blame Heath for TWO game-changing calls (or "no-calls") that devastated our team late in this game.  We got screwed.  Period.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

quest4excellence

I dissagree.  I think the team coming back from 14 down on the road is a credit to the coach.  He HAS TO GET CONTROL OF ERVIN. 

Word to ya motha! -Vanilla Ice

ki285

dont use the excuse that they are young.  we start 3 juniors.  thats not young

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Exactly.  Attitude reflects leadership.  Stan is a GREAT loser.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: abostian on January 13, 2007, 06:25:01 pm
Exactly.  Attitude reflects leadership.  Stan is a GREAT loser.

I HATE F.... BANDWAGON FANS!!!  I promise you if I ever catch you posting anything other than this about the basketball team I will call you out!!!

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: PiggyBack on January 13, 2007, 06:23:19 pm
Folks:

WE GOT SCREWED TODAY!! 

You can't blame Heath for TWO game-changing calls (or "no-calls") that devastated our team late in this game.  We got screwed.  Period.

Those bastards pretty much took away 4 points. That was a big call when they screwed PB and then called him for a touch foul.

Torqued pork

January 13, 2007, 06:26:18 pm #16 Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 06:27:58 pm by Bubbaswinestein
Folks:

WE GOT SCREWED TODAY!! 

I'm no Stan fan, but I have to agree. It was five vs. eight. SEC basketball officiating at its worst!

UAfan

Quote from: quest4excellence on January 13, 2007, 06:23:31 pm
I dissagree.  I think the team coming back from 14 down on the road is a credit to the coach.  He HAS TO GET CONTROL OF ERVIN. 
Agreed.  Ervin needs to take notes from that Abernethy kid.
The thing I don't understand is why when we need a quick bucket Ervin feels the need to freak out and take it down to where 2 men twice the size of him are standing.
My only beef with Heath is that when the game is on the line I'm putting the ball in Beverley's hands not Ervin.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 13, 2007, 06:25:37 pm

I HATE F.... BANDWAGON FANS!!!  I promise you if I ever catch you posting anything other than this about the basketball team I will call you out!!!

PB is anything but a loser. THis one stings because we could have put together a very healthy winning streak.

We have a couple winnable home games then we need to take one on the road.

We got screwed terribly today.

BigoBoys

I don't understand.  Up until this game he has played Hunter alot and McCurdy more than Welsh.  Now he changes.  What?????

Ouachihog

It's amazing to me how our fans always predict a win at OM and back it up by saying "we have more talent" or "they have lost x in a row" or whatever.  When will everybody understand....we are Ole MIss' SUPER BOWL.  They play above their heads at Oxford, and we play like Green County Tech (no disrespect to GCT by the way).  We NEVER...EVER... play good at Oxford.  

I'll be thinking the same thing next year when i hear all of the "Hogs by 14 at Oxford" predictions next year.  

It ain't happening folks.  Blame the refs, blame the coach, blame whatever.....the fact still remains, we can not win in that dump!
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

UAfan

Ask Bama or Florida (arguably the two best in the SEC) if Arkansas is abunch of LOSERS than get back to me.

WhenPigsFly

We are not a young team.  There are no seniors, but we are junior dominated.    Miss. got hot for a while, then the refs killed us at the end.  The key is not to get behind to a team like that where the officials can make a difference in the game.

Why does Irvin think he has to ALWAYS be the man to take the last second shot?

Ugly Uncle

You guys are crazy. 

Stay with this.  SH brought us back from something almost as bad as the death penalty.  Keep the faith just a bit longer.  Please.
Retired Radio Host

JustoHogFan

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 13, 2007, 06:30:23 pm
You guys are crazy. 

Stay with this.  SH brought us back from something almost as bad as the death penalty.  Keep the faith just a bit longer.  Please.

UHHH it was not almost as bad as the death penalty, but yea patience only lasts so long... Not saying Im giving up on Stan yet but c'mon you gotta put a sec win streak together more than once in your career.

Heath is horrible on the road..

Hollywood_HOGan

You guys are crazy. 

Have a shot to redeem ourselves against a pretty good Uga team on Wed and then play a big one next week against LSU.

We'll be back.

dirtypig

Quote from: UAfan on January 13, 2007, 06:26:49 pm
The thing I don't understand is why when we need a quick bucket Ervin feels the need to freak out and take it down to where 2 men twice the size of him are standing.
My only beef with Heath is that when the game is on the line I'm putting the ball in Beverley's hands not Ervin.

Beverly didn't even get to touch the ball in the last minute. I would have put him at point in the last minute and I can almost bet my life that he would have made something happen instead of turn the ball over twice.

UAfan

You guys are crazy. 

Couldnt have put it better myself.

quest4excellence

Quote from: dirtypig on January 13, 2007, 06:33:24 pm

Beverly didn't even get to touch the ball in the last minute. I would have put him at point in the last minute and I can almost bet my life that he would have made something happen instead of turn the ball over twice.

I would of set up an offensive play, which I'm sure SH did.  However, sometimes your players want to be hero's and it doesn't work out.

Word to ya motha! -Vanilla Ice

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: JustoHogFan on January 13, 2007, 06:33:02 pm
You guys are crazy. 

UHHH it was not almost as bad as the death penalty, but yea patience only lasts so long... Not saying Im giving up on Stan yet but c'mon you gotta put a sec win streak together more than once in your career.

Yes...in some cases worse than the death penalty.
Retired Radio Host

JustoHogFan

Quote from: dirtypig on January 13, 2007, 06:33:24 pm
Agreed.  Ervin needs to take notes from that Abernethy kid.

I agree but dont bash ervin too much because Beverly had 4 turnovers with 5 assists, Townes had 4 turnovers, and Weems had 5 Turnovers. This was by no means Ervin's fault give blame to the refs a little but the team played like crap today

Bomis Hawg

Stewie is right.

Everyone was on the wagon.  A loss, and the post about Heath not doing anything. 

JustoHogFan

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 13, 2007, 06:36:14 pm
You guys are crazy. 

How? give examples that it was worse?
You do realize what the death penalty is don't you?

WhenPigsFly

And it just hurts to lose a game on the road that we should have won.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Seriously, the calls were bad but we had no business being in the position we were in. Ol Miss is not that good and we should have been up by 10 rather than down by 14 at one point.

hillhog

Folks:

WE GOT SCREWED TODAY!! 

The Florida game was not called all that well either! But you expect some of the "home cooking" on the road. Just seems as tho we get it heaped out with a large laddle. I have hope this team will gel yet and be a good team as the season goes on. By the way how many to's did Ervin have today?? Sure hope today was the exception and not the rule and he is back to what we say early on

budcampbellfan

Look, if you're going to be an Arkansah fan, you're just going to have to learn to be a patient loser like Stan.  We're a young team.  Go hahgs.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: JustoHogFan on January 13, 2007, 06:39:10 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on January 13, 2007, 06:36:14 pm
You guys are crazy. 

How? give examples that it was worse?
You do realize what the death penalty is don't you?

I have really tried to tame down much of my post lately...so with gritted teeth in the face of your last post, I will be nice to you.

DEATH PENALTY:  No scholarships or team play for set number of years.  Takes a while for you to get any serious athletes to look at your program again.  However, if you are a State School, you might be able to get some instate kids to return.  If you have a history and nice facilities you might be able to rebound even more quickly.

NOLAN GATE:  No quality players on the team.  Ferguson was a late sign by SH.  We had the same type players you might get after a death penalty.  Plus, we were labeled as racist rednecks.  Being accused of cheating hurts you much less with recruits than being labelled a racist.  We LOOKED terrible.  Perception is reality.

Heath didn't just have to rebuild the team (since we had no quality players)...he had to do it under the cloud of being an Uncle Tom to a racist white man from Georgia (again the perception).  It was an uglier situation than a death penalty.

Those are my examples.  I can't believe I spoke so nice to you after your condescending tone to me.
Retired Radio Host

Hog_Beatz

Don't think that the officials were bad just on those two calls, they were incositent the entire game.  They were calling measely hand checks on the point (well, only one of them, when he rotated to officiate the top of the key.  The others would not call anything on the inside, and with our guys being finess big men, that kills us when they are getting hammered and beat on all day.  The officiating was horrible from the tip to the end of the game, it just didn't get pointed out until late.  

However, we were in this game late, as we were Florida, and this team has to realize that when you get the lead on the road you cannot let up, you have to buckle down and even play harder because the home team will be giving it their all trying to take the lead back, and the crowd will be helping moreso at that point than ever before.  You expect the home team to play well down the stretch and that is why the away team has to play even harder than they have the entire game, particularly after a big run.  

I said earlier (A few days ago) that consistency is my problem with Stan, the ability to keep his team ready to play day in and day out, he has left coaching up to his assistants in practice, which he has stated publicly, however he has to have some attitude that this team can feed off of on the road.  He has to do something that will have this team ready to play their A game day in and day out, because if they do that, they are a top quality team, if they don't, well...look at tonight, and other games in Stan's tenure we were supposed to win and didn't show up.

Smithian

I'm still on the Heath support wagon. I can't wait until the day he recruits a legit distributing PG and finally learns refs don't give techs for saying "Bad call" under your breath.

Bomis Hawg

Do you know home teams in the SEC are 12-2 thus far?  Kentucky over Ole Miss and Florida over SoCar are the only losses.

OzarkHighs

That was horrible!! I could believe how bad those officials were!

HDale

Folks:

WE GOT SCREWED TODAY!! 

We put ourselves in position to be screwed.
I will always hate the Dork

HawgG

Stan Heath is still the same Coach that has had people on this board placing Arkansas in the sweet 16 before this game today.
   He did not turn over the ball
   He did not let his guy beat him to loose balls.
   He did not over penetrate the lane.
Most importantly he did not payoff the refs to screw his own team.

elksnort

Young -Dung!!!

NO EXCUSES!!!!

kcstar

Ervin is going to have to quit trying to do it all in crunch time and involve the guys who can get it done.  His play in the last minute is exactly why I despised the play of Kareem Reid.  Always trying to take the last shot and trying to do it in the paint.  Geez!!!

Regarding inconsistency I guess Alabama's fans can vent about their inconsistency too.  And Tennessee's.  Both in the top 25.

This was a game that we should have won and we have to learn that we cannot count on the officials to make the calls because unless you are Kentucky, Florida or LSU they will not make them.

In fairness to Ervin he got hammered on one of those three inside tries.  Oh well we have to get over this and hope that this game does not haunt us down the road.  We have put ourselves in a position to have to win an otherwise non-winable road game now.

elksnort

Stan recruited all of these players. Stan and his staff coach these players. It is basketball. It takes less time to get "very good" or "great" than, let's say, football. NO EXCUSES! They should not have been in position to get screwed on the no-call with Ervin. It should not matter WHERE they play the game. It was a loss to team which will probably not make it to the NIT.

elksnort

Arkansas' facilities and tradition are rivaled by few in the country, especially in the SEC. There is no Good excuse not to have a better team. Very good teams win games which they (players and staff)  Know full well are trap games.

HawgG

Come back home and take care of a tuff Georgia team and LSU.The SEC is very balance this season, except that the GATORS are a cut above everyone.The WEST is still very winnable.

HawgG

Quote from: elksnort on January 13, 2007, 07:09:02 pm
Arkansas' facilities and tradition are rivaled by few in the country, especially in the SEC. There is no Good excuse not to have a better team. Very good teams win games which they (players and staff)  Know full well are trap games.
And very good teams lose games that they are not suppose to teams that do not have the better tradition and/or the facilities.