Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog vs Gator Game Thread

Started by artyhog, January 09, 2007, 05:36:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Squealers

The refs were just observed driving away in their shiny new Hummers, all adorned with UofF front license plates.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Hollywood_HOGan

still cant stand that transvestite

Would love to see those pricks in the SECT.

missippihog

Well later fellas. It was fun. I can't wait to watch these guys play in the LAND FILL that is Tad Smith Coliseum.

Oliverhogman

So how far do we go in the tournament this year?

I say AT LEAST Sweet 16.

Table Rocker

Quote from: hogmary on January 09, 2007, 08:10:31 pm
Face it, as long as Heath is coach, the basketball Hogs are LOSERS....Thomas, Beverly, Weems (sometimes) and Welsh (if he ever got to play) are all we have.  Thomas is the only one who looks upset to be losing.  Hill looks like just another day at the office. 

nice of you to come in AFTER the game is over, lukewarm fan

artyhog

Face it, as long as Heath is coach, the basketball Hogs are LOSERS....Thomas, Beverly, Weems (sometimes) and Welsh (if he ever got to play) are all we have.  Thomas is the only one who looks upset to be losing.  Hill looks like just another day at the office. 

You do not have a clue about basketball.  Why don't you post about something you have a clue about.  

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on January 09, 2007, 08:10:49 pm
Great effort HOGS.  I am proud of the Razorbacks.  They never let up, and gave the defending national champions all they could handle on their home court. WPS

most def.

When we got down 18-6 I thought it was over.

the hogs had just about everything go agaisnt them especially the officiating.

Couldnt buy a three, call, no call, anything but yet found a way to keep it competitve.

missippihog

You obviously didn't watch this game and have no clue so take your crap elsewhere.

Table Rocker

Quote from: artyhog on January 09, 2007, 08:11:57 pm

You do not have a clue about basketball.  Why don't you post about something you have a clue about. 

nope didn't post anything during the game, just one of those who criticizes the minute the final whistle blows, probably didn't even watch the game. dumb post.

artyhog

Very good game Hogs.

Did not let the Gators run away with it.

RazorHawg16

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

MDH

"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Table Rocker

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on January 09, 2007, 08:13:22 pm
Good game hogs

that will be the toughest environment we'll plan in all year, we hung tough, just couldn't hit the outside shot. we're getting there.

flash23

That's a stupid statement. We played a good game today but we couldn't get shots to fall when we needed them.
And Matt Jones never seemed excited no matter what happened. Hill had a great defensive game and a decent offensive one, but he got fouled out.

I think this game exceeded most people's expectations of what they thought was going to happen, even after we thumped Bama. Townes dominated and I think if we could have gotten Beverly open it would have helped even more.. But I'm not as upset losing a close one at Florida as I would have been if we had gotten blown out. We made a good game out of it and I think it shows that this team is coming along well. It's early in the season and there is still alot of basketball to be played.
With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept.

Table Rocker

Quote from: flash23 on January 09, 2007, 08:14:19 pm
That's a stupid statement. We played a good game today but we couldn't get shots to fall when we needed them.
And Matt Jones never seemed excited no matter what happened. Hill had a great defensive game and a decent offensive one, but he got fouled out.

I think this game exceeded most people's expectations of what they thought was going to happen, even after we thumped Bama. Townes dominated and I think if we could have gotten Beverly open it would have helped even more.. But I'm not as upset losing a close one at Florida as I would have been if we had gotten blown out. We made a good game out of it and I think it shows that this team is coming along well. It's early in the season and there is still alot of basketball to be played.

no mention of ervin, that destroys the credibility of this poster, who obviously hasn't watched the past couple games.

NateMan

We hit a couple of three's and this would have been a completely different game.  Great effort tonight, however.

krack1925

QuoteFace it, as long as Heath is coach, the basketball Hogs are LOSERS....Thomas, Beverly, Weems (sometimes) and Welsh (if he ever got to play) are all we have.  Thomas is the only one who looks upset to be losing.  Hill looks like just another day at the office.
You know it is kinda nice when we are all pretty much on the same page that our boys played good and we got screw and then this guy shows up and we all yell him down..... I would say that this is the most united I have seen us about b-ball in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time...

WestMemphisHogFan

I question any FAN's motives whenever they call young men who just fought their tails off, losers.  These guys are anything but losers.  They just gave a GREAT EFFORT, and I am looking forward to watching them this year.  Stan...keep up the good work...your team and program is improving.

SexyHogette

What a great effort by the Hogs!  Yes,  we lost tonight,  but I am very excited about the rest of the season!!  WPS!!! :razorback:

Razorbacks#1

Who is hogmary. Go rout for another team you hater.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Bomis Hawg

For anyone to sit there and call this team a bunch of losers needs to re-evaluate something somewhere.  Jebus.

Heck of an effort on the road for Arkansas.  Name a team that played them better at home.  Wasn't Ohio State, getting thumped by 26.  Please, if you are going to make uneducated posts, then please don't.  Save your hate of a coach for something else.

Ervin finished with 9 dishes and 1 turnover.  Great game by #0.  11 pts, 9 asts, 5 boards.  Not bad.  I want to see Michael Washington and Stefan Welsh more.  Welsh is a heck of a slasher.  What this team needs with Ervin at the point -- someone who can attack the paint -- dish to Beverley or Weems.

Another Double-Double for Townes.  18 & 10.  29 points from your bench is solid.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on January 09, 2007, 08:18:50 pm
For anyone to sit there and call this team a bunch of losers needs to re-evaluate something somewhere.  Jebus.

Heck of an effort on the road for Arkansas.  Name a team that played them better at home.  Wasn't Ohio State, getting thumped by 26.  Please, if you are going to make uneducated posts, then please don't.  Save your hate of a coach for something else.

Ervin finished with 9 dishes and 1 turnover.  Great game by #0.  11 pts, 9 asts, 5 boards.  Not bad.  I want to see Michael Washington and Stefan Welsh more.  Welsh is a heck of a slasher.  What this team needs with Ervin at the point -- someone who can attack the paint -- dish to Beverley or Weems.

Another Double-Double for Townes.  18 & 10.  29 points from your bench is solid.

I'll take 29 points from the bench every night.

flash23

Quote from: Table Rocker on January 09, 2007, 08:15:15 pm

no mention of ervin, that destroys the credibility of this poster, who obviously hasn't watched the past couple games.
I hope you're talking about the person I quoted?

Razorbacks#1

How about you go and be a fan of the other SEC teams. Your enthusiasm would be greatly appreciated over there, I am sure.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

DevilDog_Hog

That comment is completely out of line. These HOGS are far from LOSERS! They went down fighting even with the ref's making sure that florida got the game.

Table Rocker

Quote from: flash23 on January 09, 2007, 08:21:40 pm

yeah man, i was talking about hogmary, sorry about that

Hawgballz

Quote from: artyhog on January 09, 2007, 08:11:57 pm

You do not have a clue about basketball.  Why don't you post about something you have a clue about. 

That would pervent them from posting.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas -- 25/49 on 2pt (51%).  2/15 on pt (15%).  16/4 on FT (67%).  I think a lot of the momentum had to do with lack of free throws made, if you exclude the chip shot misses.  Beverley, who is a great shooter, missed two of his three after being fouled on a trey.  A huge sign.

14-12 offensive board edge for Arkansas.  But, Florida had a 28-27 overall edge.  +1 on turnovers.  -1 on boards.  +2 on offensive boards.  Wow, those treys killed us.  UF making them and Arkansas missing them.

Florida -- 22-41 on 2pt (54%).  6-16 3pt (38%). 17/29 FT (59%).  I guess holding their big three to under their rebounding average (Brewer; Noah; Horford) with them only grabbing 16 while our big three inside (Thomas; Townes; and Hill) had 18.

A lot was there for Arkansas to win, but poor shooting early and the drought to start.

Hong Kong Sooey

I'm impressed with the showing tonight considering the shooting.  Playing Florida that close at their house when things aren't going well is as close to a "good" loss as you can get.  This team is coming together nicely, i think.

Dances With Hogs

Hill looks like he is walking through a beer line, no emotion.
Quote from: DevilDog_Hog on January 09, 2007, 08:23:24 pm

That comment is completely out of line. These HOGS are far from LOSERS! They went down fighting even with the ref's making sure that florida got the game.

HeathWimp

I am getting tired of moral victories.

Florida KILLED us with their offensive boards.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas had more offensive boards.  What lost the game was Florida's hot start and Arkansas' cold stretch.

flash23

Quote from: Table Rocker on January 09, 2007, 08:26:12 pm
Quote from: flash23 on January 09, 2007, 08:21:40 pm

yeah man, i was talking about hogmary, sorry about that
No worries, broseph.

HeathWimp

Heath now 5-28 in SEC road games.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

razor

If you can't see that this team is pretty darn good and a lock to make the Big Dance, you either don't know squat about basketball or are so blinded by your dislike for Heath that you can't see straight. Sit back and watch.

razor rob

Too bad we didn't get to play them at the Bud. Think the outcome would have been in our favor.
I thought Townes was incredible tonight. He even put Noah on his rear a couple of times, and you could tell Noah was rattled. They took him out of the game for a few minutes after that.
Hogmary gets the "ignore button" award for stupidest, off-the-mark post ever. And that's saying something.

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: HeathWimp on January 09, 2007, 08:51:51 pm
Heath now 5-28 in SEC road games.

what's his record with his players?  (aka past nolan's worthy recruits)

**3-5 last year

2-22 before that....

so current performance doesn't matter???

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on January 09, 2007, 08:18:50 pm
Heck of an effort on the road for Arkansas.

Ervin finished with 9 dishes and 1 turnover.  Great game by #0. What this team needs with Ervin at the point -- someone who can attack the paint -- dish to Beverley or Weems.

29 points from your bench is solid.

Yes!
Yes!
And yes!   :razorback:
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: HeathWimp on January 09, 2007, 08:44:24 pm

Are you sure about that?  Arkansas had one more offensive rebound than Florida. 

Credibility falling........

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on January 09, 2007, 09:23:39 pm
Quote from: HeathWimp on January 09, 2007, 08:44:24 pm

Are you sure about that?  Arkansas had one more offensive rebound than Florida. 

Credibility falling........

secret: HEATHWIMP is HDN in disguise!

lol