Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vincent Hunter; Scotty Thurman Reincarnate?

Started by jchill, January 07, 2007, 11:28:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jchill

January 07, 2007, 11:28:06 am Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 01:18:12 pm by jchill
I was looking at Hunter and the way he looks reminds me of Scotty, even though he is taller. Maybe that is why jacks up so many threes is because he thinks he is Scotty.  ;)

TRUHOG718

Quote from: jchill on January 07, 2007, 11:28:06 am
I was looking at Hunter and the way he moves around reminds me of Scotty, even though he is taller. Maybe that is why jacks up so many threes is because he thinks he is Scotty.  ;)

Quit now
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

An old hog fanatic

How long has it been since you've had your eyes checked?  You may need to make an appointment real soon.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

39/4Life

Lanny

Hunter has come on lately.  Hard to guard a 6'10" player that shoots 3's.  Remember Dwight Stewart?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

razorbackfan4life

Hunter isn't horrible, but sometimes he plays stupid.  His three point shot will help us down the road........guaranteed.

Pignominious

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on January 07, 2007, 11:48:56 am
Hunter isn't horrible, but sometimes he plays stupid.  His three point shot will help us down the road........guaranteed.

Good analysis.  Hunter is feast or famine.  He's either on and helping you a lot or he's off and he should be on the bench.  His shooting is pretty good.  He didn't have any bad misses yesterday.  All of his shots that didn't go in went down and popped out.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

southeasthog

Hunter is not Thurman, but Thomas is less so. Heath needs to sit him if he keeps launching long jumpers. Seems like he is auditioning for the NBA sometimes. Needs to stay 15 feet in.

VinnyW

wow this might be the worst analogy I've ever read on this board...VH remindes me of Sloth from the Goonies...I give him props he hit his threes yesterday but he is in no way shape or form Scotty Thurman

jkstock04

Quote from: jchill on January 07, 2007, 11:28:06 am
I was looking at Hunter and the way he moves around reminds me of Scotty, even though he is taller. Maybe that is why jacks up so many threes is because he thinks he is Scotty.  ;)
LOL.  Hunter surprised me yesterday...but Scotty Thurman?  Give me some of whatever you are taking...
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Mister_BS

Scotty could get his own shot, virtually any time against anybody. From what I've seen of Hunter, he's totally dependent on teammates to set him up to score.

Scotty was a player, a valuable component on a championship team. Hunter is a fill-in at best. That's my opinion from far, far away.

rude1

Big difference is Scotty made his threes, Hunter misses his. Hunter is as far away from being a Scotty Thurman as humanely possible.

razrken

The knock on Scotty is that he couldn't create his own shot....thats why he didn't get drafted....He had tyo come off screens and set plays....he was the one that changed nolan's offense from run and gun to a style of screens and set plays....he could never create on anybody.

Mister_BS

Quote from: razrken on January 07, 2007, 12:39:24 pm
The knock on Scotty is that he couldn't create his own shot....thats why he didn't get drafted....He had tyo come off screens and set plays....he was the one that changed nolan's offense from run and gun to a style of screens and set plays....he could never create on anybody.
Scotty could put the ball on the floor and use his size over smaller guards for pullup jumpes from 10-15 feet. He did it time after time after time. He would back guys down occasionally. He was such a threat on the 3 that defenders had to respect it and that allowed him to put the ball on the floor and get a shot, even if it wasn't all the way to the rim.

Of course, they used screens and movement to help get him open. That's usually done for your best shooter. That's also how Clint and Beck and Stewart got shots.

Scotty's problem in not making it to pro ball is that he couldn't guard a lamp post.

Bad_Intentions

Worst comparison ever. The only thing they have in common is that they're both light-skinned black guys. That's about it.

Hunter did a good job yesterday hitting those 3's. At the same time, if he'd have missed them, I would've wanted to jerk his scholly. He's a guy that can help us a little bit, but if he fires two shots and misses, sit him down for the rest of the game b/c he's of no use. He's kinda a high-energy type though and has gotten some boards in the past. He's so goofy and uncoordinated though.
WPS!!

razrken

Believe what you want....the knock I heard from an NBA Scout was he couln't create....thats from an ex hog turned NBA coach turned NBA scout.

razrken

The only good thing is that he comes from the best High School in the state.

Table Rocker

jchill

Quote from: VinnyW on January 07, 2007, 12:04:23 pm
wow this might be the worst analogy I've ever read on this board...VH remindes me of Sloth from the Goonies...I give him props he hit his threes yesterday but he is in no way shape or form Scotty Thurman

I do not think you all are understanding what I was trying to post. Look at Vincent and look at Scotty, they look similar. I am not comparing them by their basketball ability, I am am comparing how they actually look. Also, insulting my posts is not a good thing. If you disagree, cool, but do not attack my comments.

Mister_BS

Quote from: razrken on January 07, 2007, 12:45:39 pm
Believe what you want....the knock I heard from an NBA Scout was he couln't create....thats from an ex hog turned NBA coach turned NBA scout.
in the NBA, Scotty probably couldn't create. But in college, he did it every game. I know. I saw about every game.

I don't doubt Darrell Walker's word. He knows the game, especially the NBA, much better than all of us ever will. But college guards couldn't stop Scotty from getting his shot because of his ability to shoot over them or get a half-step or simply shoot the 3.

bgsisco

Sonny Weems: Oliver Miller Reincarnate?

Just thought I would try another one that makes about as much sense as the 1st one.

Mister_BS

Quote from: bgsisco on January 07, 2007, 01:05:57 pm

Just thought I would try another one that makes about as much sense as the 1st one.

laughing hard at that one... weems does remind me of the late William Mills, another high flyer who could shoot some and drive and took chances and made steals on defense and ...

southeasthog

Quote from: Mister_BS on January 07, 2007, 01:09:17 pm

laughing hard at that one... weems does remind me of the late William Mills, another high flyer who could shoot some and drive and took chances and made steals on defense and ...
One thing about Mills is he was a great finisher. If he got near the basket, he would score. (not saying Weems doesn't)

TorsinAHog

One of the craziest things Ive read on this board in a while and that says a lot.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

jchill

He looks like Scotty, not plays like Scotty!!!

jchill

Quote from: TorsinAHog on January 07, 2007, 01:14:53 pm
One of the craziest things Ive read on this board in a while and that says a lot.

No it is not crazy, I am comparing how they look , not play!!!

Lanny

Al Bundy

silvertip

January 07, 2007, 01:20:29 pm #27 Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 02:24:32 pm by silvertip
Quote from: southeasthog on January 07, 2007, 11:54:40 am
Hunter is not Thurman, but Thomas is less so. Heath needs to sit him if he keeps launching long jumpers. Seems like he is auditioning for the NBA sometimes. Needs to stay 15 feet in.

Hunter shooting 3s was part of the game plan vs Bama. Heath didn't think Bamas bigs could get out there & stop that shot. He was right.

Great game plan by Heath & good execution by Hunter, who is a valuable team member.  WPS!!

EDIT:  As so often happens on this board, the common opinion is dead wrong. Hunter is the 2nd best 3-point shooter on the team. Tied with Beverley at .435, but with only 23 shots compared to Bev's 69.

One reason for Hunter's excellent 3 point % is that he's good about ceasing to shoot if he misses a couple.

He's also the 3rd best RB in terms of MINS/RB, behind only Thomas & Townes.

As the 7th man in the rotation, Hunter provides great flexibility---able to sub for Hill, Townes, Thomas, or Weems. Hunter would be a starter-to-seventh-man on most SEC teams.

Mister_BS

Quote from: hSv on January 07, 2007, 01:19:03 pm
Tough crowd today...........

That's right, hSv, a really tough crowd. And my medication just kicked in, so watch out!!!

BTW, how 'bout them Cowboys

southeasthog

Quote from: silvertip on January 07, 2007, 01:20:29 pm

Hunter shooting 3s was part of the game plan vs Bama. Heath didn't think Bamas bigs could get out there & stop that shot. He was right.

Great game plan by Heath & good execution by Hunter, who is a valuable team member.  WPS!!
I was talking about Thomas shooting from outside. I don't think he has made one of those in the last 7 or 8 games. I agree about Hunter shooting the 3 if he makes his first one or two. He is very streaky.

Lanny

Quote from: Mister_BS on January 07, 2007, 01:21:11 pm

That's right, hSv, a really tough crowd.

I see........

Don't even get me started on last nights game.

Al Bundy

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: hSv on January 07, 2007, 01:53:19 pm
Quote from: Mister_BS on January 07, 2007, 01:21:11 pm

That's right, hSv, a really tough crowd.

I see........

Don't even get me started on last nights game.

Stupid refs...

;)

Yuk yuk yuk.  As if my KC Chiefs did any better.  At least we finally got a first down...

Guys, I think they look a little similar.  They both have the bobbing head tired eyed slouching shoulder look if you ask me.  But nobody did.

Bacon out...

MCPeePants

One reason for Hunter's excellent 3 point % is that he's good about ceasing to shoot if he misses a couple.

The main reason is that defenses generally leave him alone to shoot that shot so he's always wide open every time he takes a 3.

I would imagine that if everyone on the team went to the gym and shot 1000 three-pointers against no defense, Hunter would wind up with the 6th most, behind Cranford, Beverley, Welsh, Ervin and Weems. He might be close to Ervin and Weems. 

Mister_BS

would mccurdy not be in the top seven? jeez, he's a point guard. can he not shoot?

zebra

Laughed out loud when I read it.

They are both not quick, that is about all the similarities I can think of.

MCPeePants

Quote from: Mister_BS on January 07, 2007, 02:44:41 pm
would mccurdy not be in the top seven? jeez, he's a point guard. can he not shoot?

You would think he would but I have my doubts. He'd probably finish 7th and maybe 8th if you count Boyd.

HindsvilleHog

This is the most ridiculous comparison I have ever heard of!
Petrino=No more Mickey Mouse $hi+!

HindsvilleHog

I cringe whenever Hunter comes into the game!
Petrino=No more Mickey Mouse $hi+!

MCPeePants

Quote from: HindsvilleHog on January 07, 2007, 02:54:38 pm

Somebody on here compared McCurdy to Steve Nash once. Isn't that worse? 

silvertip

Quote from: southeasthog on January 07, 2007, 01:24:17 pm

I was talking about Thomas shooting from outside. I don't think he has made one of those in the last 7 or 8 games. I agree about Hunter shooting the 3 if he makes his first one or two. He is very streaky.

I see. 'Scuse me for sticking to the thread subject. I just picked the wrong poster to pick on this time. And the wrong antecedent for "him."

MCPeePants

Quote from: southeasthog on January 07, 2007, 01:24:17 pmI was talking about Thomas shooting from outside. I don't think he has made one of those in the last 7 or 8 games.

Actually, Thomas made one of the four three-pointers he jacked up against Tulsa. He missed the two he shot against Bama, to make him 2-17 for the year on 3s.

Ev Ree Day Hustla

When Vincent first got here, I wasn't a big fan of his, and thought he should most likely be playing at UALR or some other small D-I school. However, I feel he has developed into a decent player. Although he really hasnt muscled up like I thought he would, I think he has turned himself into a threat and can score at anytime. Just my thoughts.

Hogpuddin

I've always thought that Hunter looked like Thurman.  

I think that Beverly looks a lot like T.J. Cleveland.

Mister_BS

Quote from: Hogpuddin on January 07, 2007, 03:59:50 pm

reincarnate suggests ability as well... that was the subject line

Hogpuddin

Quote from: Mister_BS on January 07, 2007, 04:02:33 pm

Nope, look up the word reincarnate.  You would't find anyone in history with as little talent as Cleveland had anyways.  That blows that theory.  The original post meant his facial looks.

TorsinAHog

Quote from: MCPeePants on January 07, 2007, 02:56:38 pm
Quote from: HindsvilleHog on January 07, 2007, 02:54:38 pm

Somebody on here compared McCurdy to Steve Nash once. Isn't that worse? 

Yes
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

hammy davis jr

I don't see it.  Vincent looks more like Canon Whitby

jchill

I thought I had made it clear, I am strictly talking about his facial features.

jchill

Quote from: Hogpuddin on January 07, 2007, 04:19:43 pm

Nope, look up the word reincarnate.  You would't find anyone in history with as little talent as Cleveland had anyways.  That blows that theory.  The original post meant his facial looks.

Thank you Hogpuddin.

Nashville Fan

January 07, 2007, 05:54:17 pm #49 Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 05:56:11 pm by Nashville Fan
I was there for Scotty's first game and from that moment on you knew Scotty was going to be one of the best. VH is a bit of a spaz IMO. He has games where he is great then has games where you wish he wasn't no the floor. I never wished ST wasn't on the floor. OOP I thought you were talking how he looked on the floor.
Pittman or Bust!