Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tomorrow the Hogs will make a statement

Started by Ross U (HDHF), January 05, 2007, 02:04:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross U (HDHF)

against Alabama.  It will tell us whether this team can compete in the SEC or if we will fall off in conference play.  It's a game that, if we win it, will start us out in the fast track of the SEC-W race.  It's a game that can get the fans excited about Arkansas basketball again.  Many say that this game isn't going to be big in the grand scheme of the season, and maybe they're right, but I think the way the Razorbacks play tomorrow will dictate the tempo for the rest of the season. 

If you recall, the Bama game in Fayetteville last year was a turning point for the season.  A game where we had to prove if Florida was a fluke, or if we really were NCAA material.  We won that game, and went on to beat Tennessee on their home court, where they were previously unbeaten; this year, a trip to Florida follows on the heels of tomorrow's showdown. 

I think the outcome tommorow will be affected by the crowd that shows up.  Can we recreate an atmosphere similiar to that of last year's game?  A better question is, will Stan Heath ever get us to the level of that immaculate inaugural season at BWA, when the crowd was a true 6th man (I know, I miss the barn too :( )?

Post your thoughts, and wether or not you'll be at the game tomorrow.

Since 1894

Anyone got a couple of tickets they want to sell?

I am buying the Hogs.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

311Hog

I completely agree with you, tomorrows game could signal a good to great season or we get blown out infront of a half capacity Bud and join the Ole Miss teams in the basement of the SEC.

Hoggy Potter

I'm afraid to say we will not win in front of a small crowd and it is the beginning of the end for Stan "wish you were the man".  I really wanted Stan to do good but I just don't think he is the answer to our problems.
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

RazorHawg16

a statement that We will always suck under stan heath

Ross U (HDHF)

January 05, 2007, 02:20:00 pm #5 Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 02:24:16 pm by HopelesslyDevotedHogFan
Quote from: RazorHawg16 on January 05, 2007, 02:16:27 pm
a statement that We will always suck under stan heath

I definite, strong possibility.  Just remember, if things don't change, things will change. 

Quote from: Squishy on January 05, 2007, 02:13:56 pm
what time is the game?

1:05 PM tipoff.
Quote from: Hoggy Potter on January 05, 2007, 02:11:31 pm
I'm afraid to say we will not win in front of a small crowd and it is the beginning of the end for Stan "wish you were the man".  I really wanted Stan to do good but I just don't think he is the answer to our problems.
I agree.  Small crowd tomorrow = loss; which leads to more small crowds = fired (because we all know what JFB looks at on coach "performance")

Hoggy Potter

"Just remember, if things don't change, things will change"

Yes and remember grasshopper he who pisses in the wind gets wet. ;)
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: Hoggy Potter on January 05, 2007, 02:23:15 pm
"Just remember, if things don't change, things will change"

Yes and remember grasshopper he who pisses in the wind gets wet. ;)

Is that what that is?  Damn I thought it was raining again.

Hollywood_HOGan

I'll be there at least an hour before tipoff. I cant wait for this one.

The bama game last season was probably one of the most fun games Ive ever been to. Probably propelled us into the NCAAT.

So much drama and a great finish and a wild celebration afterward.

Archie Gaines

Stan is ok as a nice, soft-spoken person...

After five years, he's still talking...    ;D
But we'll see tomorrow on the results.

I've grown skeptical of 'almost there' talk by Stan...
and then the SEC excuses start piling up.

Now he's gotta produce... cupcake schedule is now over.

"No man who is corrupt,  no man who condones corruption in others,  can possibly do his duty in the community... "

Teddy Roosevelt  -  May 12, 1900

HoopS

Hoggy Potter:"Just remember, if things don't change, things will change"

Hmmmm, seems like I've read that before....
:P

joebut18

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 05, 2007, 02:28:03 pm
I'll be there at least an hour before tipoff. I cant wait for this one.

The bama game last season was probably one of the most fun games Ive ever been to. Probably propelled us into the NCAAT.

So much drama and a great finish and a wild celebration afterward.

We went to the tournament last year?  Went by so fast, I guess I forgot....

RazorHawg16

why do you guys continue to get your hopes up with Baldy as our coach?

Hoggy Potter

Quote from: HoopSlap on January 05, 2007, 02:31:06 pm
Hoggy Potter:"Just remember, if things don't change, things will change"

Hmmmm, seems like I've read that before....
:P

???
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

Apathy

Yes.  We no doubt will have more success in the weak SEC than we did in the big bad Big 12.  7-9.

elkhog

I will not get my hopes up and therefore be pleasantly surprised should we pull it off.
GO HOGS!!!

bricklayer

I just hope that for once, the whole team comes out with some Beverly and Thomas enthusiasm, gets off to a good start, plays hard the whole game, and comes away with a big home win over a quality team like Alabama.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: HopelesslyDevotedHogFan on January 05, 2007, 02:04:32 pm
Many say that this game isn't going to be big in the grand scheme of the season, and maybe they're right, but I think the way the Razorbacks play tomorrow will dictate the tempo for the rest of the season. 

How can this game not be a big game? Alabama stands to win the West right now. If we knock them off tomorrow, that is one conference loss for them, none for us . . . right? Puts us one game up on the favorite. That is huge! I will be actually cheering for the Hogs tomorrow rather than expecting a letdown like the last 3 games of the football season. Watching the game at home tomorrow unless the ticket fairy stops by.

GO HOGS GO!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

elksnort

Stan's team has not "let go of the rope".

LA HAWG

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on January 05, 2007, 03:29:52 pm
How can this game not be a big game? Alabama stands to win the West right now. If we knock them off tomorrow, that is one conference loss for them, none for us . . . right? Puts us one game up on the favorite. That is huge! I will be actually cheering for the Hogs tomorrow rather than expecting a letdown like the last 3 games of the football season. Watching the game at home tomorrow unless the ticket fairy stops by.

GO HOGS GO!

You will see the Hogs and the Seahawks lose tomorrow.  Sucks to be you. :)

fourthcrusade

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on January 05, 2007, 03:29:52 pm

GO HOGS GO!

I t hink he meant its a huge OPPORTUNITY, but if we lose, it's not an upset, just expected, like TExas, and the WAY we lose (like texas) will separate "we suck" vs. "bama is great and we hung in there"...

we will win

UALRGrad

The hogs will lose by double digits tomorrow.  The only statement will be that Arkansas sucks and sucks badly.  What do these letters mean: WWND? 

They mean what would Nolan do.  Nolan would have kicked the crap out of townes and we would not see him in a game for a month.  We won't see that with Stan.  He'll hug and make up and then pass out orange slices and stickers for showing up to practice.

It's amazing that JFB and others can't or won't find better coaches in the money sports.  I know several people who have given up.  They ignore anything and everything hog.  They got tired of seeing how it works and watching people get rewaded for sucking.
If Ole Dork played the University of Hell, I'd buy a Satan jersey.

Uncle Ivan 9/6/2009

BigoBoys

We will certainly know how good/bad our team is. 

zebra

Quote from: UALRGrad on January 05, 2007, 03:49:29 pm
They mean what would Nolan do.  Nolan would have kicked the crap out of townes and we would not see him in a game for a month.  We won't see that with Stan.  He'll hug and make up and then pass out orange slices and stickers for showing up to practice.

Nice call!!!  I was thinking about WWND if Townes had done that to him.  He would have told him to pack his crap.  We are paying your school, you just lost your ride.

ki285

the hogs are gonna get their asses kicked tomorrow

SPAL

hogs get killed by 15 or so....wouldnt waste the gas and money if i had a free ticke to watch the motionless motion.

WhenPigsFly

If you want to see the game, show up and look for tickets outside the arena.  It's still early enough in the season that there should be several for sale. 

Let's support the Hogs and start the conference season off with a big win!

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: LA HAWG on January 05, 2007, 03:39:44 pm
You will see the Hogs and the Seahawks lose tomorrow.  Sucks to be you. :)

Hey, being a Seahawks fan and a Hog fan are very similar. Keeps my emotions on an even keel . . . depression, lol!

I think the Seahawks will beat Dallas tomorrow. Should be a great game at any rate. Can't say the same for the Hogs but the Tulsa game rekindled my interest. It is a must win for the Hogs and I will be be cheering them on, Stan Heath and all.

I can understand some of y'all pining away for the good ol' days vis a vis Nolan but you need to admit that Nolan lost it the last couple years he was here. Whether he had a beef with JFB or not (and I believe JFB WAS the problem) I lost respect for Nolan as a coach because of the way he handled himself. Now, if he was to admit that he coold have done it differently and wanted to try again, I'd be the first one at the farm packing his coaching outfit up to bring it back to the hill. Nutt has had at least 11 second chances per year for 9 years. Nolan deserves a couple.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Since 1894

I am still looking for tickets!!!

Anyone want to sell me two, three or four????

I am still buying the Hogs
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

RBLtoHOG

In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

BlackKnightHogFan

against Alabama.  It will tell us whether this team can compete in the SEC or if we will fall off in conference play.  It's a game that, if we win it, will start us out in the fast track of the SEC-W race.  It's a game that can get the fans excited about Arkansas basketball again.  Many say that this game isn't going to be big in the grand scheme of the season, and maybe they're right, but I think the way the Razorbacks play tomorrow will dictate the tempo for the rest of the season. 

If you recall, the Bama game in Fayetteville last year was a turning point for the season.  A game where we had to prove if Florida was a fluke, or if we really were NCAA material.  We won that game, and went on to beat Tennessee on their home court, where they were previously unbeaten; this year, a trip to Florida follows on the heels of tomorrow's showdown. 

I think the outcome tommorow will be affected by the crowd that shows up.  Can we recreate an atmosphere similiar to that of last year's game?  A better question is, will Stan Heath ever get us to the level of that immaculate inaugural season at BWA, when the crowd was a true 6th man (I know, I miss the barn too :( )?

Quote from: Since 1894 on January 05, 2007, 02:05:38 pm
Anyone got a couple of tickets they want to sell?

I am buying the Hogs.

I'm selling the Hogs.  I like this team and the way they play, much better then last year.  However, I think they are too young to give Bama much of a problem.  Later in the season, I think they could be salty if the discipline problems don't continue.
Upon the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that upon other fields; on other days, will bear the fruits of victory.  -Douglas MacArthur

Member #:  9524

bwbcpa

I bought a round of tickets for the whole family this season and tomorrow morning we're loading up two SUV's and heading for BWA, all dressed in red! I think it's going to be an exciting game!

Footballref

I will be there i got 3 free tickets and a friend of mines neighbor left on vacation and he got his tickets and parking pass
so we are all going.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: bwbcpa on January 05, 2007, 10:20:29 pm
I bought a round of tickets for the whole family this season and tomorrow morning we're loading up two SUV's and heading for BWA, all dressed in red! I think it's going to be an exciting game!
man.....i wish that we had a better coach for reasons like this. I hate to see people go to this much effort and have a team that sucks to watch.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on January 05, 2007, 11:06:22 pm
man.....i wish that we had a better coach for reasons like this. I hate to see people go to this much effort and have a team that sucks to watch.

so i take it you didn't watch the past 4 games? or the first 5? 

oh wait, i bet you are remembering "BUCKNELL"

razor rob

I was at the Alabama game last year after almost not going. I also almost left at halftime. With that in mind, I have my tickets and I'll be there, but I might want to leave again at halftime.

HawgG

Arkansas always play Bama close and the same can be said about LSU.Frankly should have beaten the Tigers the last 4 times the two teams matched up.
If you guy want to talk about a coach that does not get the most from his talent then look  at the other coach that will be in BWA tomarrow.What about the Miss St. coach,how much bought talent has he wasted over the years.Up until last year Billy Boy at Florida had a reputation for not getting the best value from his talent.
You can talk about Stan all you want but he is probably the 3rd best floor coach in the SEC only behind Tubby and Dave Odom.Stan's main problem is his poor evaluations and misses on the recruiting trail.That's what is holding him back.

Dugann

Arkansas will be embarrassed tomorrow i am afraid
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Tony Clifton

Way to call your shot!  Awesome!

BigSnout

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 05, 2007, 05:12:47 pm
hogs get killed by 15 or so....wouldnt waste the gas and money if i had a free ticke to watch the motionless motion.

Don't need "fans" like you there anyway.  Your prediction was off by around 40 points.  Way to show your understanding of the game.

loserhog3-7

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on January 05, 2007, 02:38:45 pm
why do you guys continue to get your hopes up with Baldy as our coach?

because baldy, unlike nutty, will lead us to victory. bb is tougher to win than football.

DEVICEHIGH

Ok.

What genius started this thread.

HOW BOUT THEM HOGS!
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

jschulte

It's great seeing razorback "fans" at their worst and being completely wrong.  I started hoping after that Texas game... something was different.  I don't think we will win against Florida, but primarily because it is away.  At least have some hope here in one of the best stadiums/crowds in the SEC!

RazorbackFan33

its funny to me that the hogs are 12-3, 9-0 at home this season but people are still talking about how much they "suck".......i just gotta say to all the people that said we'd lose, haha, what were you smoking? bama is no match for the hogs in fayetteville!!!!!
GO HOGS!!! WPS!!!

bwbcpa

Just got back from the game. The atmosphere in BWA was electric! You could tell when you walked in the building that today belonged to the Hogs. The BB Hogs gave a clinic in TEAM play and the croud was pumped! This team looked like it is on a mission. You should have seen them in the student section after the game singin, "Oh lord it's hard to be humble." Awesome day - Go Hogs! WPS!

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on January 06, 2007, 05:09:58 pm
Ok.

HOW BOUT THEM HOGS!

It was a called thread, and I called it Chuck. :)

TheShow

Is it possible that we were playin a little possum during the non-conference season?  Kinda funny how we just came out and rolled the  #8 tide!  This is what I expected the entire season, and I will gladly trade 3 losses for an entire SEC that has no idea what to expect from us, and might possibly just have started worrying!  By far the best I've seen an Arkansas team play and the most excited I've been about a team since 1995!  WPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: HopelesslyDevotedHogFan on January 06, 2007, 06:03:18 pm
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on January 06, 2007, 05:09:58 pm
Ok.

HOW BOUT THEM HOGS!

It was a called thread, and I called it Chuck. :)

+1 HDHF!

Never give up on the Hogs basketball team. They'll fool ye!

silvertip

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on January 05, 2007, 11:06:22 pm
Quote from: bwbcpa on January 05, 2007, 10:20:29 pm

Yeah, well suck this, whiner. This team has been better all season than any Hawg BB team since '96. The fact that YOU can't see it speaks for itself.

silvertip

Quote from: TheShow on January 06, 2007, 06:06:43 pm
Is it possible that we were playin a little possum during the non-conference season?  Kinda funny how we just came out and rolled the  #8 tide!  This is what I expected the entire season, and I will gladly trade 3 losses for an entire SEC that has no idea what to expect from us, and might possibly just have started worrying!  By far the best I've seen an Arkansas team play and the most excited I've been about a team since 1995!  WPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been coming since the 2nd half vs Texas. Ervin slowing down & playing more solid, Weems coming on strong, Thomas a solid rock, and Hill playing like his hair is on fire. While Beverley is a lunatic.  WPS!!