Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how soon will jl smith be gone?

Started by dizzy_lavender, November 22, 2012, 06:51:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dizzy_lavender

Has he already cleaned out his office? Good time with the long weekend.
If the game gets out of hand will he leave at half time?
Will jeff long drive him to the airport to make sure he leaves town?

pghawg1

contract goes to FEB. He will be put in another position for awhile.

BigoBoys

tc_mem

For some reason I think the press conference Saturday (if one does happen) will be to overstate the obvious and can Mr Smiles.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: pghawg1 on November 22, 2012, 06:54:43 pm

I hope the fans can choose the position he gets put in!

happyhawgsfan

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 22, 2012, 07:42:05 pm

That not posible.  Jeff Long choose position and then he talk to his wife

Calling All Hogs

I assume he will stay in Arkansas long enough to finish his bankruptcy. Only real tie he has left to the state. Hope he goes into his creditors meetings and court hearings and refuses to talk unless everyone smiles. Trustees and judges love that kind of positive attitude!

Big Daddy

Quote from: happyhawgsfan on November 22, 2012, 07:41:27 pm
I have a question?

Why is every one so sure Coach Smith is going to leave.  What if he wont to stay.

Better to wait for right coach, then let a good man go.

WPS

You're not serious, right???

BENTON PIGGEE

moses_007

Quote from: happyhawgsfan on November 22, 2012, 07:44:49 pm
That not posible.  Jeff Long choose position and then he talk to his wife

Yeah, right, Jeff concurs with his wife before making any decision. 

Count De Money

If new coach ready to be announced, Smiley will be released from head coaching duties Friday evening and new coach announced before the weekend is over.  Otherwise, he will be released NLT Monday to give him time to clean out his locker and say goodbye to the players.  Then we wait for someone to take over the reins.

happyhawgsfan

Quote from: moses_007 on November 22, 2012, 09:29:14 pm
Yeah, right, Jeff concurs with his wife before making any decision.

No Coach Smith talk to his wife

hoggnthesec

I think they will give him 24 to 72 hrs to gather his thing before they announce the new coach.

Wants2Win

Quote from: hoggnthesec on November 22, 2012, 10:56:53 pm
I think they will give him 24 to 72 hrs to gather his thing before they announce the new coach.
Every second after the lsu game that we don't have a new head coach is a second wasted...we have already wasted an entire season..I see no reason why the announcement isn't immediately after the final whistle...unless JL doesn't have his guy.

Yes Dear IMA PIG

56Hog

Quote from: tc_mem on November 22, 2012, 07:23:13 pm
For some reason I think the press conference Saturday (if one does happen) will be to overstate the obvious and can Mr Smiles.

No PC by Long on Saturday.  I doubt JLS will do one either beyond today's postgame where he may or may not say anything.  He will do a brief "thank you" statement for JLS at the new hire announcement.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 22, 2012, 07:42:05 pm

I officially appoint you, Johnelle Smith, gate monitor of the Harmon parking garage.

hawganatic

Quote from: happyhawgsfan on November 22, 2012, 07:41:27 pm
I have a question?

Why is every one so sure Coach Smith is going to leave.  What if he wont to stay.

Better to wait for right coach, then let a good man go.

WPS

You're either a troll with a horrible sense of humor, or completely clueless. 

hawganatic

Quote from: CallMeHog on November 22, 2012, 07:49:28 pm
I assume he will stay in Arkansas long enough to finish his bankruptcy. Only real tie he has left to the state. Hope he goes into his creditors meetings and court hearings and refuses to talk unless everyone smiles. Trustees and judges love that kind of positive attitude!

Thought his bankruptcy was in Kentucky.

Mrcoolhog55

Tomorrow!! ;) :) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hogmiser

Welcome to Hog Country Brett Bielema!! We are Happy to have You as A Hog Brett. Go Hogs and WPS!!

nebhog70

Does it really matter after 5:00 PM today?
"Never surrender opportunity for security."
Branch Rickey

Hogmiser

Quote from: nebhog70 on November 23, 2012, 06:06:33 am
Does it really matter after 5:00 PM today?
Exactly. Everybody is asking when will JLS be gone, But He won't be gone He will just be in another capacity within The UA Athlectics Dept. He won't gone for a long time. :razorback:
Welcome to Hog Country Brett Bielema!! We are Happy to have You as A Hog Brett. Go Hogs and WPS!!

WorfHog

I'm sure they'll need to keep him til Feb to help with recruiting... :puke:

ChitownHawg

This is a critical recruiting time, so I think it depends on when the new coach shows up. I don't see these coaches hitting the recruiting trail, but someone needs to be calling commits to keep them on board till the new staff arrive. It could be Horton and Allen staying while the rest leave.

I hope the need to recruit is putting a sense of urgency to Long on hiring an HC. He may still be coaching a bowl bound team, but make it public who is coming. With that which ever staff is left behind can work the phones.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

rude1

Quote from: pghawg1 on November 22, 2012, 06:54:43 pm
^^^ This. I would guess since he will still be on the payroll he will be kept around till the new coach gets his staff fully filled and everyone moved in, to help with the transition. He can be a valuable tool for the new coach to use to try and get up to speed quickly on where we are or in this case aren't in the recruiting process.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: locusbug on November 23, 2012, 06:22:20 am
This is a critical recruiting time, so I think it depends on when the new coach shows up. I don't see these coaches hitting the recruiting trail, but someone needs to be calling commits to keep them on board till the new staff arrive. It could be Horton and Allen staying while the rest leave.

I hope the need to recruit is putting a sense of urgency to Long on hiring an HC. He may still be coaching a bowl bound team, but make it public who is coming. With that which ever staff is left behind can work the phones.
I couldn't agree more. Every day translates exponentially into this vital recruiting class which then translates into "recovery time" of the program. Seconds are minutes, minutes are hours and hours are days without a head coach sitting in that office at JFB. And it better be a  great choice because no AD has had MORE time given with basically an open check-book than has Jeff Long. The time for cutting nuts is here. Let's see what you have, Jeffie.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: dizzy_lavender on November 22, 2012, 06:51:07 pm
Has he already cleaned out his office? Good time with the long weekend.
If the game gets out of hand will he leave at half time?
Will jeff long drive him to the airport to make sure he leaves town?

Come on man. Let's act like adults today please.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Broadway Rob

Quote from: 56Hog on November 23, 2012, 02:08:22 am
No PC by Long on Saturday.  I doubt JLS will do one either beyond today's postgame where he may or may not say anything.  He will do a brief "thank you" statement for JLS at the new hire announcement.

Do you think they call a PC for the announcement of JLS not returning?  It seems to me that it will be a simple press release thanking him blah, blah.

Maybe mention the coaching search is underway or maybe not.  I think it will be two separate things and only the new coach will get a PC.  Just my opinion.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: hawganatic on November 23, 2012, 04:25:22 am
Thought his bankruptcy was in Kentucky.
Bankruptcy was filed in Arkansas because JLS is a resident of Arkansas. Many of his creditors are out of Kentucky though.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I see men in white coats trying to get him off the field as soon as the game is over.  It will be set to the Benny Hill chase music.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Lanny

I would lock the doors start of the 4th qtr
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

EastArkHog 47

Better for the Hogs if he thinks the kickoff is 1:30 Saturday.