Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Notre Dame QB commitment dropped possibly for MM

Started by mikeirwin, December 07, 2005, 09:54:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeirwin

Sources tell me that Notre Dame has withdrawn an offer to it's top QB committment. Zach Frazer, a 6-4, 210 pound QB out of Mechanicsburg, Pa. is off the list clearing the way for Mitch to get an offer. Sources also tell me that it is unlikely that Weiss would have made such a move without stong indications from Mustain that he was coming on board.
Not written in stone  but it doesn't look good guys.

AFWarrior83

Hogville member since 2005.

SwineOnTheLine

I think its been a done deal for a while now...after what he said saturday night,this is really hard to swallow.

rzrbacknTX

hogbalz

One hell of a fence Nutt has built around the state. 5 Division 1A players 5 minutes from campus and Nutt gets one.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

beatnikluv

Thanks, Mike :(  It seems so much more painful coming from you, rather than just the non-media-ites on the board LoL

Broken Trigger

Maybe we can catch Zach Frazer on the rebound, and convince him to come here because we feel his pain.   You're right though, it is looking more and more grim all the time.

AFWarrior83

Yeah any chance we can get in touch with this Frazer kid?

whatsshakinbacon

Mike, I love you and hate you at the same time. 

Bacon out...

Boared

Net Hog

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on December 07, 2005, 10:01:42 pm
Pretty crappy of Weiss to do that to Frazier.

Weiss understands what counts.

This isn't show-friends.  It's show BUSINESS.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

clemensrules01

December 07, 2005, 10:02:47 pm #14 Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 10:04:35 pm by clemensrules01

mikeirwin

There were reports of some character issues with Frazer but that could be a smokescreen.

Marshfieldhog

Reaganite

Well, it looks like there's a D1 QB prospect for us... and like us, he just got burned over MM.

Lets go get him!

Net Hog

Quote from: clemensrules01 on December 07, 2005, 10:03:37 pm
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on December 07, 2005, 10:02:01 pm
frick Mitch! Don't hold a press conference and LIE to take the easy way out flippy!
si senor. i agree with you 100%. he LIED to the entire state of arkansas. what an ass.

Ever think that Mitch was the one that was lied to?

dirthog

I was holding out hope, but this coming from mike, well makes me :puke:
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

PiggyBack

Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: mikeirwin on December 07, 2005, 10:02:58 pm
There were reports of some character issues with Frazer but that could be a smokescreen.

Only way we are going after him is if he is academically ineligible.  If he is close on grades he will be our top rated recruit.  That way we can re-sign him every year as a juco.

southarkhog

If this is to come out to be true I hope Nutt is fired, fired, fired, fired. 
Go Razorbacks

PulledPork

clemensrules01

Quote from: Net Hog on December 07, 2005, 10:05:01 pm
frick Mitch! Don't hold a press conference and LIE to take the easy way out flippy!
si senor. i agree with you 100%. he LIED to the entire state of arkansas. what an ass.

THE FANS are the ones who are ultimately screwed in this whole thing. we keep our ** ass coach and lose mustain. while mustain and the coach lie to us again.

AFWarrior83

Net Hog

Quote from: PiggyBack on December 07, 2005, 10:06:07 pm
Is this the "cloud's" fault?

No.

It's the fault of us negative fans.

Boo [CENSORED] hoo.

Cresthog

CorningHog

I will say it again, and again, and again, just like the Energizer bunny.

Mitch goes to Notre Dame and you can kiss my support goodbye with Houston and Co.

When they are gone and someone that has better control of things and makes wiser decisions
I will consider coming back.

I hate that me and my brothers, my friends, all stood thru the lean years of the 90's.  I was there when the Citadel beat us and all the terrible stuff that happened from about 1990 on.  I was a student in some good years with Hatfield at the UofA.

Now, as we all have been patient, it seems that the loyalty and patience we have shown the program will go down as the
saddest day of all in watching our AD and our HC continue to be indecisive on what they wish to do. 

Well, I guess we kind should have expected this but in the end it is still a shock.

To withstand all the disappointment and endure all the mishaps just to believe Mitch Mustain would
eventually clean up the mess that has been made by being bigger than the coaching, we should have
seen this coming.  Now, what will Frank do?

Nothing, I am afraid.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

Net Hog

Quote from: clemensrules01 on December 07, 2005, 10:08:19 pm

THE FANS are the ones who are ultimately screwed in this whole thing. we keep our ** ass coach and lose mustain. while mustain and the coach lie to us again.

Nutt promised things to Mustain that have become clear to the KID are not gonna happen.

What would you do in his situation.  It's easy to sit in front of your computer and talk about integrity, but you have no idea what Mitch is going through or what any other blue chip like him goes through.  So shut your damn mouth.

AFWarrior83

I can't even talk right now I am so mad! If Nutt can talk his way out of this one, I want to be on his staff, so I can learn how to sell beef to a cow~ This is rediculous!

DOGALUM

I'll tell you guys something............if this goes down that way, (mitch going to ND) and HDN keeps his job, I am done with Razorback Football  as long as Nutt is on staff in any capacity.  I cannot support a program that does not want to win.  I couldn't care less about the money on the hill.  I want to win!! 

Not only are we a joke ON the field, but the "leadership" up there is making us a joke off it as well. 

Where the hell are the alumni?  I'm talking about football alumni!  You guys need to make a stand!!!  If you want this program to ever succeed again, you have got to get HDN out of here!!! 

I CAN'T TAKE THIS!!! 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

tbhogfan

This gets worse every day.   

I am starting to get the strange feeling that the UA was "played" by MM (or his representatives) to get the media off his back during the football season. 

The timing of this is simply far too convenient.
Go Hogs!

Gman

dirthog

Maybe its time we start showing casey some love,  we dont wont to run him off to
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

AFWarrior83

I know about Integrity, and Mitch doesn't have it! If he changed his mind, he should be a man about it and hold a press confrence like he did when he said to the state "I am going to the University of Arkansass!" Don't doubt my intergity bud!

southarkhog

I wish someone would pull frank and lindsey out of nutts rear so they could see that nutt can't even get the best qb to ever come out of the state.
Go Razorbacks

AFWarrior83

I think Mitch was scared of the competition! Want to win where it means something lol! That sure ain't the place.

hulk hog

Notre Dame message board has scattered talk of it.......lot of confusion....just speculation. Mixed views on Mitch but most probably don't know just how good he is.   

Rivals singles out Tennesse, Florida and South Carolina for Mitch. No mention of Notre Dame which kind of makes me scratch my head as to the credibility of it. 

Frazier kid was ranked 6th recruited by mostly North/Northeast schools.   What is the character issue?

Boy Mike I hope your source is wronb but I have a bad feeling...especially since it looks like Mitch wen't to them.   :puke:
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

BKtheKing

Quote from: mikeirwin on December 07, 2005, 10:02:58 pm

It's nice to know that ND would throw an 18 year olds future under the bus with a comment about character issues so that they could pursue another 5 star recruit.

Good luck Mitch.

clemensrules01

Quote from: Net Hog on December 07, 2005, 10:09:41 pm
Quote from: clemensrules01 on December 07, 2005, 10:08:19 pm

Nutt promised things to Mustain that have become clear to the KID are not gonna happen.

What would you do in his situation. It's easy to sit in front of your computer and talk about integrity, but you have no idea what Mitch is going through or what any other blue chip like him goes through. So shut your damn mouth.
thanks for getting pissed at me. hog fans dont need to be fighting right now. the fan base is already dwindling.  mitch waited only 2 days before announcing his de-commitment. he told the media saturday night that he was still strong in his commitment. he played us all for fools. he never wanted to come here from about the midpoint of the season, i would guess. he lied.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on December 07, 2005, 10:12:07 pm
I know about Integrity, and Mitch doesn't have it! If he changed his mind, he should be a man about it and hold a press confrence like he did when he said to the state "I am going to the University of Arkansass!" Don't doubt my intergity bud!

You ever change your mind?  Get a divorce?  Return a large purchase? 

Dear god man, if you saw this season would you want to rest your future on this coaching staff?  Hell they haven't even made a single change except fire Whittke, one of the best coaches on staff since the season ended.  Get off Mitch's back.  He has not signed yet with anyone. 

mchogfan

At IrishEyes.com I posted that it had been reported in Arkansas that Frazer's offer had been rescinded, this was the response that I got...

RiversideIrish 
Jack Burton....Me!
(12/8/05 12:07:33 am)
Reply   Re: Frazer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They would know this, how?

Have they cited any sources?

Or, is it a "source close to the Mustain family" is saying, type of stuff?

Did Frazer get an offer from PSU?

This is one ball of wax that will have to play itself out. Too many people with no sources are speculating IMO. I am sure somebody has "guessed" close to whatever truth lies in this matter, but nobody knows diddly, outside the family, IMO.

California...they tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember.

TulsaHogFan

Seriously.  Mitch does not deserve this crap from you, if you want to be mad, get mad at Nutt, he had the kid and lost him.  He is an 18 yr old kid.  He is allowed to reevaluate his future.

HawgLover08

Look at the first three words of this thread.  Sources tell me.  That is Bull$hit

Cresthog

Great post Tulsahogfan....but nutt on the otherhand.....GET HIM OUT NOW!!!

clemensrules01

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on December 07, 2005, 10:14:57 pm

You ever change your mind? Get a divorce? Return a large purchase?

Dear god man, if you saw this season would you want to rest your future on this coaching staff? Hell they haven't even made a single change except fire Whittke, one of the best coaches on staff since the season ended. Get off Mitch's back. He has not signed yet with anyone.
why didnt he hold a press conference to announce his de-commitment? why only wait 2 days?  what happened to "i want to win a championship where it means something"?

whatsshakinbacon

Maybe when MM figured out Nutt really is coming back he decided to bolt.  I don't think this is the case b/c I think Nutt is being shopped but this is a possibility.

Bacon out...