Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brett McMurphy seems to agree with.......

Started by Martygit, September 28, 2017, 05:18:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 29, 2017, 10:29:29 am
sounds better than praying some 2* from Florida flips his commitment to us on signing day.

When have we ever prayed for a 2 star from Florida to flip to us?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: factchecker on September 29, 2017, 10:30:44 am

Was it not a 2* from somewhere else that flipped from us to Florida?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

WOOPIGMAN

factchecker

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 29, 2017, 10:31:42 am
Was it not a 2* from somewhere else that flipped from us to Florida?

Putu was a 3 star that flipped from us to Florida:

https://247sports.com/player/joseph-putu-88391

I'm willing to bet ol jk was bitching about us losing him too.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Only two star commitment we have had from Florida was Anthony Brown in 2014.

Michigan State offered him the same day we did.

He committed to us soon after.

I don't remember anyone praying for him to flip.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: factchecker on September 29, 2017, 10:33:35 am
Putu was a 3 star that flipped from us to Florida:

https://247sports.com/player/joseph-putu-88391

I'm willing to bet ol jk was bitching about us losing him too.

Ok, that is exactly who I was thinking of but the name Putu kept getting clouded with Britto. I just remember that he was pretty much unknown when we got his late commit and then flipped sight unseen
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

factchecker

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 29, 2017, 10:38:17 am
Ok, that is exactly who I was thinking of but the name Putu kept getting clouded with Britto. I just remember that he was pretty much unknown when we got his late commit and then flipped sight unseen

It was some signing day drama.

I remember seeing the same people who bitched about us taking his commitment (he had very few P5 offers) bitching about us losing his commitment.  One minute he was hot garbage and the next minute he was a can't miss recruit..... the next Darren Woodson.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jkstock04

Quote from: factchecker on September 29, 2017, 10:30:44 am
I'm speaking in generalities. Basically what we have to do since Arkansas high school football is so bad and small in comparison to other states, we have recruit nationwide. Mostly kids that have zero ties to the state or the Hogs. The product of this is us constantly being near the bottom in recruiting rankings every year in our conference.

So that guy asked what do we do about it? I think it would be beneficial if the university made an effort to improve the quality of football within our state borders. Just an outside thought I have had for a few years now.

It seems like Little Rock doesn't produce like it used to. Fayetteville high school winning the championship every freakin year doesn't exactly scream awesomeness for our state football to me.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Atlhogfan1

I don't believe 2010-11 were going to be the norm.  What they showed though was the ceiling when things come together for us.  If not for Cam, we would have won the SEC in 2010.  If not for Reggie Fish, we may have won the SEC in 2006 too.  I didn't read the McMurphy piece yet.  But I can guess it is basically we should know our place and stay there.  College football has a hierarchy and programs aren't supposed to mess with it. 

Bielema took a bad career risk coming to Arkansas especially when he did.  We are at a recruiting disadvantage as we know.  However, our last 4 games excluding FAMU have been completely unacceptable and far beneath what our program should be.  Mizzou is an awful program.  VT is the biggest overrated frauds of the last 20 years because they were willing to whore themselves to ESPN's weeknight broadcasts.  TCU good program and team but our offensive gameplan was horrific.  And of course we outplay A&M for stretches and had control of the game as usual only to give it away.  3-1 out of this stretch acceptable.  0-4 hell no.  So if McMurphy is making some argument the pressure should be backed off because we can't expect better than a 52-0 loss at AU with 800 rushing yards then he is an idiot. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.