Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 MLB Draft Thread

Started by ucahogfan, May 30, 2016, 07:32:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB  · 3h3 hours ago 

16th-rder Keith Grieshaber signs w/@Angels for $100k. Jefferson (Mo.) CC SS, hit .366/.463/.659 w/30 SB for the Vikings this year. @MLBDraft

One of our top prospects in the 2014 class.  Will go down with Nathan Rodriguez as what could have been.

bulldog04

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 18, 2016, 05:33:00 pm
Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB  · 3h3 hours ago 

16th-rder Keith Grieshaber signs w/@Angels for $100k. Jefferson (Mo.) CC SS, hit .366/.463/.659 w/30 SB for the Vikings this year. @MLBDraft

One of our top prospects in the 2014 class.  Will go down with Nathan Rodriguez as what could have been.
I guess he was done with college.  He had signed with Missouri State and could've went a lot higher in the draft after a year

Kevin

did not get killed by the draft  finally
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawgcraZ

Deadline to sign has passed.  Looks like we avoided any last minute shockers.  I bet the coaches are smiling pretty good today.

JackJohnson

Quote from: hawgcraZ on July 15, 2016, 04:29:13 pm
Deadline to sign has passed.  Looks like we avoided any last minute shockers.  I bet the coaches are smiling pretty good today.

I know I am!  To top it off Vandy had a couple last minute holdouts end up signing in 7th overall pick Braxton Garrett and 84th overall pick Thomas Jones.  After the draft I feel we are in as good a position to compete for the SEC Championship as any other team in the league.  Lots of teams were hit quite a bit harder then us both on current rosters as well as signees

hawgcraZ

https://twitter.com/jimcallismlb/status/754078812569296896

Spoke too soon.  Wonder if this might be a case of not having enough schollys with getting more to come back and not sign than we thought.

Scott7703

Quote from: hawgcraZ on July 15, 2016, 05:45:39 pm
https://twitter.com/jimcallismlb/status/754078812569296896

Spoke too soon.  Wonder if this might be a case of not having enough schollys with getting more to come back and not sign than we thought.

Something isn't right. Signing for that money makes zero sense

jry04

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 15, 2016, 06:01:56 pm
Really odd. Not a big loss, in my opinion. Nothing against him, but he wasn't a "can't miss" prospect in my eyes. He had potential to be a good player, but so does every other kid we have coming in, and of the top 7, we are getting the top 4 to campus. I would rather have him than not, but he will be more easily replaced than some of the other prospects we missed out on, or could have missed out on.

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 15, 2016, 06:01:56 pm

I guess he wanted a new truck???

Kevin

Very curious. Pro ball may end up costing him money
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bulldog04

Can't wait to hear UCA's take on this

Scott7703

Quote from: ricepig on July 15, 2016, 07:12:20 pm
I guess he wanted a new truck???

Yeah that's about what he can buy. No doubt the education and opportunity to move up should have been worth more than that unless there is another issue we aren't aware of.

ucahogfan

Lillis signing is a head scratcher for sure especially after saying he was coming to school a week ago.  Signing for what he did means he had no intention of coming to school if drafted or something else happened.

Overall, the draft went well for us.  Losing Stobbe and Rortvedt was almost 100% assured, and Benninghoff wasn't going to pitch next year since he needed TJ.  Getting Taco back is huge and having the majority of a top 5-10 class in-tact is huge for this program.

BroyledNutts

UCA, now that the signing deadline has passed and school is about to get underway, will you be making a revised list of who will be making it to campus?

Is there already a list somewhere?