Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tough stretch for 2018 Diamond Hogs

Started by Busta_Nutt, January 17, 2018, 04:14:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Busta_Nutt

First time taking a look through the schedule...knew we had tough non-conference opponents this season, but had no idea we'd face a stretch like this:

April 12-14: v. South Carolina
April 17: v. MO State
April 20-22: @ Miss. State
April 24-25: v. Texas Tech

At least 3/4 are at Baum, though. Can't wait for baseball season!

dotnet

You maybe missed the stretch before it which I think will be considerably tougher:

March 13-14  v Texas (21)
March 16-18  v Kentucky (8)
March 20-21  @ Charlotte
March 23-25  @ Florida (1)
March 27       @ Memphis
March 29-31  @ Ole Miss (9)

That is 14 games in 19 days.  11 of the 14 games are against ranked teams.  6 games against pre-season top 10 teams on the road in 9 days. 

SPAL

We will have earned everything if we are successful this season.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: dotnet on January 17, 2018, 05:09:29 pm
You maybe missed the stretch before it which I think will be considerably tougher:

March 13-14  v Texas (21)
March 16-18  v Kentucky (8)
March 20-21  @ Charlotte
March 23-25  @ Florida (1)
March 27       @ Memphis
March 29-31  @ Ole Miss (9)

That is 14 games in 19 days.  11 of the 14 games are against ranked teams.  6 games against pre-season top 10 teams on the road in 9 days.

Actually, I did miss that, and I agree with you. I was looking to see if we played MO State this year, so that's how I stumbled upon that small stretch in April. Having Bonfield, Fletcher, Cole, and Shaddy shoring up the middle of the order should give the pitchers something to work with, and, of course, Knight and Murphy going 1-2 will give us a shot to win any series. Nothing will be a gimme this season though, but that should play into our favor come tournament time.

arthurhawgerelli

The high pre-season ranking will be a chain around DVH's neck.  Mid-week games versus Texass and then the #3 TT Red Raiders at mid-week as well with conference games on the weekends?

Our young pitchers better get ready.