Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 09, 2024, 04:04:59 pm

FYI

Started by OS2 (SW) Razor Back, February 02, 2016, 01:02:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 02, 2016, 05:24:49 pm
Man, in reading the tone of almost every comment you post I truly hope you're not naturally suicidal cause it appears to me you have some major depression issues. Is there ANYTHING about this class you like, that is other than to criticize it? Of that you love to do is no doubt!!!

I get that some, including apparently you, will NEVER be happy or satisfied until we have 25 five star kids with each and every class. While that would certainly be a wonderful thing, I hate to tell you but that ain't ever going to happen. Perhaps to save yourself the anguish how about just shutting off the computer and letting it go? I mean why wouldn't you when any and everything positive thing that someone offers up about this class is meet by such wonderfully optimistic observations such as "vastly improved is very nearly not even reasonable"? WTH?! Apparently you subscribe to the adage that "misery loves company" cause with every comment you offer you seem to try to pull down the rest of us with you. Pleeeezzzzzeeeee.....take a "chill pill" and call us tomorrow afternoon when it's all over. I suspect we'll all be happier for it.

Don't over analyze it. Boot is founding owner of Discredit CBB at Every Opportunity, Inc.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 02, 2016, 05:24:49 pm
Man, in reading the tone of almost every comment you post I truly hope you're not naturally suicidal cause it appears to me you have some major depression issues. Is there ANYTHING about this class you like, that is other than to criticize it? Of that you love to do is no doubt!!!

I get that some, including apparently you, will NEVER be happy or satisfied until we have 25 five star kids with each and every class. While that would certainly be a wonderful thing, I hate to tell you but that ain't ever going to happen. Perhaps to save yourself the anguish how about just shutting off the computer and letting it go? I mean why wouldn't you when any and everything positive thing that someone offers up about this class is meet by such wonderfully optimistic observations such as "vastly improved is very nearly not even reasonable"? WTH?! Apparently you subscribe to the adage that "misery loves company" cause with every comment you offer you seem to try to pull down the rest of us with you. Pleeeezzzzzeeeee.....take a "chill pill" and call us tomorrow afternoon when it's all over. I suspect we'll all be happier for it.

I have stated multiple times today that this is a solid class and I stand by that.  The fact that I don't refer it as "special" does not mean that I am exhibiting suicidal tendencies.  Thank you for your concern though

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 02, 2016, 05:22:28 pm
no idea what you're talking about, specifically.  I mean, from what I can find, Petrino signed 3 non-kicker, non-walkon 2* guys in 4 classes, since that is the reference point you used.  We have 2-3 at this point that we have added in the last 2 weeks and could see similar additions tomorrow 

Who? Smith is a 3* on Scout, while Ramirez is on Rivals.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on February 02, 2016, 05:30:03 pm
Don't over analyze it. Boot is founding owner of Discredit CBB at Every Opportunity, Inc.

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.  There are actually friends/family of mine (Hog fans btw) who accuse me of being a CBB apologist.  but continue on with with your false narrative...

FrozenHam

Quote from: azhog10 on February 02, 2016, 04:39:32 pm
It's a great class and shouldn't be stated enough. I am slightly amazed at how difficult it has been for us to sign and fill our need at RB and OL. Just knowing what CBB brings to the table, you would think it would be a little easier for us to fill those spots.

Agreed, this is curious.  What is the story there?  Collins several years ago, and now Whaley.  But not many more.  Offensive lineman certainly aren't lining up to get in.  Deserves attention.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2016, 05:32:11 pm
Who? Smith is a 3* on Scout, while Ramirez is on Rivals.

I would hate to question the potential of specific players.  against board rules and all.....and btw, I don't pay much attention to stars. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: FrozenHam on February 02, 2016, 05:36:08 pm
Agreed, this is curious.  What is the story there?  Collins several years ago, and now Whaley.  But not many more.  Offensive lineman certainly aren't lining up to get in.  Deserves attention.

Geography.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 02, 2016, 05:32:14 pm
you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.  There are actually friends/family of mine (Hog fans btw) who accuse me of being a CBB apologist.  but continue on with with your false narrative...

I am game as long as you are.

Country Stylz

I think we got a steal in Dee Walker. Have you watched his film? He made a couple tackles while still engaged with bigger linemen. Then on another play, I think he killed a guy.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 02, 2016, 05:39:46 pm
I think we got a steal in Dee Walker. Have you watched his film? He made a couple tackles while still engaged with bigger linemen. Then on another play, I think he killed a guy.
i saw it. that dead guy was #12 in White, a scrambling QB who definitely did not move after his ragdoll physics finally left him in a heap.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Iamjacksleftnutt

Quote from: jry04 on February 02, 2016, 01:09:58 pm
People will moan and groan if we don't close strong, but we got our highest DLine targets, our highest RB target, and beat quite a few solid teams out for recruits. Our 3* players have offers from big time programs unlike previous classes who have offers from teams like South Alabama and Arkansas state.

Exactly. If you aren't excited about this class just the way it is I have to wonder if you're a fan. Plus one.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 02, 2016, 05:34:23 pm
I would hate to question the potential of specific players.  against board rules and all.....and btw, I don't pay much attention to stars. 

Sure didn't stop you in the post I replied to. It seems the goal posts move with you quite often. Oh well, after you run down the class tomorrow, I won't have to worry about you in this forum until next year at this time.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2016, 05:42:41 pm
i saw it. that dead guy was #12 in White, a scrambling QB who definitely did not move after his ragdoll physics finally left him in a heap.
Yes, lol.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2016, 05:47:53 pm
Sure didn't stop you in the post I replied to. It seems the goal posts move with you quite often. Oh well, after you run down the class tomorrow, I won't have to worry about you in this forum until next year at this time.

Flinging feces in here tomorrow morning and Jump Ball tomorrow night will make for a busy day.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2016, 05:47:53 pm

Since when is saying we have a solid but unspectacular, very typically Arkansas class running it down?  I'll hang up and listen

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 02, 2016, 05:55:43 pm
Since when is saying we have a solid but unspectacular, very typically Arkansas class running it down?  I'll hang up and listen

Yeah, several of your posts questioning the past two weeks commits have been very flattering, I'm sure I misunderstood them.

Music City Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2016, 05:59:55 pm
Yeah, several of your posts questioning the past two weeks commits have been very flattering, I'm sure I misunderstood them.

They are what they are