Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The thin line in recruiting rankings

Started by ChicoHog, February 02, 2016, 11:30:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicoHog

I was looking this morning at 247 sports and we are #23 with 22 commits including 1 five star, 5 four stars, and 16 three stars.  Our avg is 86.6. 
TCU (I was surprised they were that high but good for them) is #18 with 22 commits including zero 5 stars, 7 four stars, and 15 three stars.  Avg is 87.78.

Mathematically we are almost dead even but they are 5 spots ahead of us in the rankings.  All it takes is for us to close with some combination of Porter, Cleveland and fulton and we will be jump up much higher.  Of course the competition could do the same thing.

I am not a star gazer but I do think it's great publicity for us when we finish high in the recruiting rankings because we get mentioned on all the TV and radio shows plus the internet columns.  The more we are in the public's mind means we are more likely on future recruits minds also.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Pig in the Pokey

we get Cleveland, Porter, and Fulton we are #10.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawginbigd1

Exactly where I am at, and always have been, the press of getting an out of ordinary class is enormous if you can back it up on the field.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2016, 11:33:06 am
Calculator shows about 15 taking other years into account.

hollywood hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2016, 11:33:06 am

What if Diesch, Bolles, and Daniels sign too?  It ain't happening people.  We have outsiders, insiders, etc already saying Cleveland is going to eliminate us tonight.  We'll be damn lucky to sign Porter out of that group. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 02, 2016, 11:33:27 am
Calculator shows about 15 taking other years into account.
also doesn't count Tilhman and Town! (1 4* & 1 5*)
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ridgehog23

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hollywood hog on February 02, 2016, 11:35:29 am
What if Diesch, Bolles, and Daniels sign too?  It ain't happening people.  We have outsiders, insiders, etc already saying Cleveland is going to eliminate us tonight.  We'll be damn lucky to sign Porter out of that group. 

Yeah this is not the year it appears

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hollywood hog on February 02, 2016, 11:35:29 am
puhleaze

You know nothing

Coaches think we get Porter and Fulton

Cleveland is an impossible read by anyone but we KNOW his people love the Hogs.
@Slackaveli

PorkRinds

The only one I really have much hope left for is Porter.  He would be a stud here.

Dwight_K_Shrute

No matter how the class finishes it's one of most solid classes in AR history and people will still piss and moan about the ones that got away instead of celebrating those that want to be uncommon.  SMDH.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 02, 2016, 11:42:32 am
The only one I really have much hope left for is Porter.  He would be a stud here.
He's a Hog, no worries.
@Slackaveli

hollywood hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 02, 2016, 11:40:37 am
No matter how the class finishes it's one of most solid classes in AR history and people will still piss and moan about the ones that got away instead of celebrating those that want to be uncommon.  SMDH.

Uncommon would be us finishing strong.  Show me uncommon one time please.

GoHogzzGo

Wow yup thin line to advance and thin line to go lower. Most teams around us have fewer commits so could go either way. Will be fun to watch, happy about the class either way especially if we get porter.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

moto625

I agree with Hollywood, will be lucky to get one other 4 star. I think people will be let down if you think all three is still a possibility WPS

RME

PorkRinds

Redhogs

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 02, 2016, 11:30:50 am
I was looking this morning at 247 sports and we are #23 with 22 commits including 1 five star, 5 four stars, and 16 three stars.  Our avg is 86.6. 
TCU (I was surprised they were that high but good for them) is #18 with 22 commits including zero 5 stars, 7 four stars, and 15 three stars.  Avg is 87.78.

Mathematically we are almost dead even but they are 5 spots ahead of us in the rankings.  All it takes is for us to close with some combination of Porter, Cleveland and fulton and we will be jump up much higher.  Of course the competition could do the same thing.

I am not a star gazer but I do think it's great publicity for us when we finish high in the recruiting rankings because we get mentioned on all the TV and radio shows plus the internet columns.  The more we are in the public's mind means we are more likely on future recruits minds also.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
Teams also recruit to different needs, evaluate differently, etc....to throw all these different factors into a blender and come out with any REAL accuracy is ridiculous...reranking 3 years from now AFTER the results are in...that's accurate.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

RME

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 02, 2016, 11:51:19 am
Um...He's committed to Texas.

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 28, 2015, 01:27:49 pm
you trippin, the one with him and mom and the BigHead?
He was slumming in his OLD purple shorts.

Dude is a HOG.

#NeverForget the Devin White assurances. Now Porter? It's a good thing you don't Crystal Ball.

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

Pulled(PP)pork

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on February 02, 2016, 11:57:43 am
now, come back with "you never know....."

PP
hey, I said he was a Horn 6 months or more ago. wasn't until he was with DDawg that I thought he'd be a Hog. But I also think we are STACKED at RB and just added 2 Top250 kids, so, he was purely Icing on the cake anyway.

Fulton is the one we NEED.
@Slackaveli

Danny J

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 02, 2016, 11:53:57 am

#NeverForget the Devin White assurances. Now Porter? It's a good thing you don't Crystal Ball.
lol.....

RME

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2016, 12:01:56 pm
hey, I said he was a Horn 6 months or more ago. wasn't until he was with DDawg that I thought he'd be a Hog. But I also think we are STACKED at RB and just added 2 Top250 kids, so, he was purely Icing on the cake anyway.

And 15 minutes ago you said he was a Hog.

I hereby ban you from saying anymore big time recruits will be a Hog. Don't say a damn word about Fulton or Cleveland being a Hog. You've struck out on the promises of White and Porter.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2016, 12:01:56 pm

so, clueless as the rest of us

PP

RME

Quote from: Danny J on February 02, 2016, 12:03:13 pm
Can't leave out Gruden.....#sources

Was Pokey a Grudenite? I wasn't on Hogville back then.

Wouldn't be surprised though.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Danny J on February 02, 2016, 12:03:13 pm
Can't leave out Gruden.....#sources
Never claimed a source on anything you mentioned. Bad fail, guys. I said 70% Devin White because DEVIN told me he loved it here. If you guys want to melt about Porter, go ahead. It don't bother me a bit. I was RIGHT about Whaley, btw, even when he was committed to UGA.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 02, 2016, 12:05:38 pm
Was Pokey a Grudenite? I wasn't on Hogville back then.

Wouldn't be surprised though.
I am the one who coined the word "Grudenite", actually. So what? I wanted him as a coach. Is that bad?
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Was right about Merrick, too. I rarely make predictions.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 02, 2016, 12:04:53 pm
And 15 minutes ago you said he was a Hog.

I hereby ban you from saying anymore big time recruits will be a Hog. Don't say a damn word about Fulton or Cleveland being a Hog. You've struck out on the promises of White and Porter.
EAD
@Slackaveli

WooPig90

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

Pulled(PP)pork

come on pokey, if you want recognition for when you are right, you have to take the ribbing when you aren't

PP

The_Iceman

hogs dont cry

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2016, 12:07:32 pm
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2016, 12:05:05 pm
Never claimed a source on anything you mentioned. Bad fail, guys. I said 70% Devin White because DEVIN told me he loved it here. If you guys want to melt about Porter, go ahead. It don't bother me a bit. I was RIGHT about Whaley, btw, even when he was committed to UGA.

If you say every kid we're recruiting is coming to AR, you're bound to be right at some point.

I seriously don't care, I know you have no real knowledge, it's just insane that you keep pretending you do and people keep believing it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogs dont cry on February 02, 2016, 12:38:20 pm
If you say every kid we're recruiting is coming to AR, you're bound to be right at some point.

I seriously don't care, I know you have no real knowledge, it's just insane that you keep pretending you do and people keep believing it.

Huds_HawgTide

Pokey pls predict Fulton and Cleveland elsewhere...that's our best shot
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

hawginbigd1

Sad but there are some grade A A**holes on this board!

buldozer

hogs dont cry

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on February 02, 2016, 12:41:47 pm
Pokey pls predict Fulton and Cleveland elsewhere...that's our best shot

This made me chuckle.

RME

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 02, 2016, 12:42:54 pm
Sad but there are some grade A A**holes on this board!

Who? The guys who make an absolute statement that something will happen and then it doesn't, or those who get ticked off at the guy who makes an absolute statement that ends up not happening?

moto625

BadHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2016, 12:05:56 pm
I am the one who coined the word "Grudenite", actually. So what? I wanted him as a coach. Is that bad?

And you also invented the internet right? ;)
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

scruf

scruf

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2016, 12:07:32 pm
What about White and Gruden?