Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Walk on - Blake Kern

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 02, 2016, 10:16:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy 4m4 minutes ago

Kern accepts Arkansas' walk-on invite: Lamar tight end Blake Kern has accepted an invite to walk-on at Arkansas. http://bit.ly/1VHbp2H

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/feb/02/kern-accepts-arkansas-walk-invite/
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

rustr

Tony Perkis

Hawgar The Horrible

If this keeps up we'll have a scout team for the scout team.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

The real Hogules

Welcome aboard!
He's a nice looking kid, any idea on 40 time?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

PorkRinds

Our walk on program is going to get results.  Even if only a couple per class make a big mark, that's still a great result.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 02, 2016, 10:47:52 am
Our walk on program is going to get results.  Even if only a couple per class make a big mark, that's still a great result.

Our walkons now would have been late offers by the previous staff.  Some one here that are constantly bashing refuse you see that.  I think it is going to elevate this program another step and pay great dividends.

bigdaddyhawg

Kid knows how to find the EZ, no questions about that.

Great hands, looks like.

Go get him Herbert!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

GoHogzzGo

Goodness we're going to have more quality walk ons then commits! Love it, shows how many people see what CBB is building and want to be a part of the family.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 02, 2016, 10:47:52 am
Amazing the quality of kids that are being gathered up in the program. CBB has said all along that he wanted to make the walk on program a key part of the strategy going forward. Just like everything else I've heard from the man he is following through on what he's promised. CBB not only "talks the talk" but he also "walks the walk" (no pun intended).  :) ;D

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 02, 2016, 11:02:08 am
Amazing the quality of kids that are being gathered up in the program. CBB has said all along that he wanted to make the walk on program a key part of the strategy going forward. Just like everything else I've heard from the man he is following through on what he's promised. CBB not only "talks the talk" but he also "walks the walk" (no pun intended).  :) ;D
Quote from: onebadrubi on February 02, 2016, 10:50:19 am
Our walkons now would have been late offers by the previous staff.  Some one here that are constantly bashing refuse you see that.  I think it is going to elevate this program another step and pay great dividends.

And this is what I am impressed with.  He give a homegrown kid a chance to prove him wrong and earn the scholarship.  I really think we will reach a point where we never sign more than 20 per year because of the retention of the quality individuals we are recruiting matched with the quality walk-ons that will step up and take over that scholarship position if someone slips up or decides to go elsewhere for more playing time.  We have been pretty good in the starter positions on the field, but our problem has long been quality depth.  If we have them stacked up 2 or 3 behind, we aren't hurt by early departures for the NFL or the graduation of quality seniors.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on February 02, 2016, 10:56:20 am
Goodness we're going to have more quality walk ons then commits! Love it, shows how many people see what CBB is building and want to be a part of the family.
Good points. Yep, I think what we're seeing is a huge act of faith on the part of kids who see CBB and the staff for what they are=great coaches and developers of men. Many of these kids have "free rides" at other programs they're turning their backs on to play for CBB. While no doubt some of it may be the life long dream to be a Razorback, mine as well BTW, I also believe that it's a belief in the program and the direction it's heading. And don't ignore the fact that these parents also have to be on board as well. In summary, I think what we're seeing is the fruits of what Bret and his compadres have been building toward. The #uncommon theme that represents not just good/extraordinary players, but the highest levels of achievement(s) as students and men. Kind of reminds me of the whole idea of the Marines: The few, the proud, the Hogs.   ;D :) :razorback: :razorback:

KlubhouseKonnected

I always find it interesting to hear what their other options were like Morgan having an offer from Air Force for instance. Anyone know what Kern is leaving on the table by electing to be all Hog?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

wilbur

This young man has not been in a good weight program (that may be because he plays everything)  and he is already 6-6 and 230 lbs.  He may surprise some people before he's through if he does the work in the weight room.  Tremendous talent!  Good luck.  He can run, but needs to develop a killer instinct.
Last year, Planned Parent was responsible for "terminating" the lives of 90,000 black babies.  How many black babies did the Confederate flag kill?

Ineptocracy:

A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

WoodyHog

This walk-on program is going to produce a number of guys every year who we see start to contribute by their Junior and Senior years.  A LOT of development occurs between the time you are 17 (the age of recruits -- heck they are 14 or 15 when most services start to identify who is "elite") and the time you are 21 or 22.  That is 4-5 years to work hard and see what happens.

We all know Burls, but there have been a number of other Arkansas walk-ons who contributed.  Tom Crowder is one that pops to mind -- walked on to the U of A over offers from other D1 programs like La. Tech and became a key contributor on special teams (not to mention the fastest guy on the team).

Paul

good numbers on D-line.  JJ Watt II ?

TNRazorbacker

I dont recall there being this much attention given to walk ons before but I like it. Im sure thats part of the strategy.

Gerald Gilber

I have watched Blake play many times and he is going to be a stud, get him with Mr Herb and he can transform into a speciman, good family as well
Can we play all our games at home????

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome Mr. Blake Kern.   " GO HOGS "

SultanofSwine