Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Being Bret Bielema

Started by Uncommon, February 02, 2016, 09:44:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncommon

Since it's a trailer solely focused on recruiting, thought I'd post it here.

Love the monkey story at the end.  You gotta know that was at a South Florida prospect's home.

Tony Perkis

Am I the only one that really doesn't like this whole Being Bielema thing?

No disrespect to the OP, I appreciate you sharing!

Uncommon

Quote from: Tony Perkis on February 02, 2016, 09:44:44 am

My take on it is that people who don't know who he really is can watch it and know more about him.  Also, think it's good because it is very rare a coach would do this in this day and age.

TrueBlue

Yes you are the only one.

The more "spotlight" or recognition the program can get, the better.

"No such thing as bad publicity"

immahog

I think you may be .....I love it  why do you dislike it ?
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

B501

bah humbug

FBREW000

No, there are two other people who agree with you.  Hillary and Bernie.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Yes.

Hog Waller

factchecker

There's probably a couple of ya'll out there.  People are already complaining about the "drop the mic" slogan.  Nothing surprises me.... we have a diverse group of fans.  People debate over Coke vs. Pepsi, uniform combinations, and stadium enhancements.  You can dislike what you want. 

Good thing is that it's going to be a YouTube feature so your not gonna be forced to watch.

I love the Razorbacks.  I respect Coach Bielema.  I'm hoping it kills the monotony of off-season and brings some good publicity.  I am excited for the series.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

Fill me in on who the Monkey recruit is?  I guess I missed that.

Hog Waller

Love his comments about how a recruit should treat his mamma and other women in their lives...so true.

presidenthog

Yes you are the only one. I don't pay attention to people's names on here unless they post alot, they say something to me, or they pm me. you sir though must be MCH alter because you are a negative [CENSORED] 90% of the time. I think you are are gus fan boy or something.

Tony Perkis

I guess I shouldn't have an opinion. I see everyone's point though. I think it is good exposure, I just know we would be all over making fun of other schools if their coach did this.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: presidenthog on February 02, 2016, 09:54:08 am
Yes you are the only one. I don't pay attention to people's names on here unless they post alot, they say something to me, or they pm me. you sir though must be MCH alter because you are a negative [CENSORED] 90% of the time. I think you are are gus fan boy or something.
I think I'm positive a lot more than that. I'm sorry you feel that way.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Tony Perkis on February 02, 2016, 09:54:21 am
I guess I shouldn't have an opinion. I see everyone's point though. I think it is good exposure, I just know we would be all over making fun of other schools if their coach did this.

Depends if the coach. If this was Spurrier everyone would love it.

Bielema is one of the few coaches that can pull this off

onebadrubi

At this point there is nothing to make fun of.  Now if you see Bielema splitting his pants on a the recruiting trail maybe.  I think many here on this forum are always drawing narrow minded conclusions like this.  Because Bielema is marketing the program in a way, we think that all would make fun of Saban doing this.  I just think that is incorrect, I think it shows a little insecurity at the same time. 

RazorPiggie

Quote from: presidenthog on February 02, 2016, 09:54:08 am

Whoa pump the brakes dude. TP isn't that bad of a poster geez.

I also love that CBB is doing this. TP may be the only one that doesn't but it is his opinion.

jgphillips3

This is positive brand building for coach Bielema and our program.  We are now competing with "rock star" coaches for recruits.  When you go up against Urban Meyer and Nick Saban and the like, who everyone in the Country knows, you have to make yourself as "big" of a name as they are.  Things like Being B.B. raise national awareness of our coach and say to people not familiar with us "Hey, this guy and this program are worth paying attention to."  The old adage that there is no such thing as bad publicity is true (well, other than being beaten up in a neck brace lying to your boss on TV...that wasn't good).  CBB is damn smart and is building his profile and ours every chance he gets while preaching his message that you have to be a special athlete and a special person for us.  I personally think he is doing a masterful job and benefits will be seen over the next 2-5 years.  He's trying to break into the elite category as a coach and take us there as a program.  I'm liking it.

scooby21322

When are these set to air?  I can't seem to find it on google.

gchamblee

not to mention, if another coach or school was thinking about doing something like this to market their coach/school to recruits.... they can't now unless they want to be painted as copying arkansas.

factchecker

Quote from: scooby21322 on February 02, 2016, 10:05:32 am
When are these set to air?  I can't seem to find it on google.

YouTube

no clue on the airtime but YouTube is an easy medium to link

There will probably be Hogville threads with full episodes linked.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hoggish1

Quote from: Uncommon on February 02, 2016, 09:44:14 am
Since it's a trailer solely focused on recruiting, thought I'd post it here.

Love the monkey story at the end.  You gotta know that was at a South Florida prospect's home.

You are not going to find any other SEC coach capable of making a film like that.  They just don't have the charisma...

WooPig!

RME

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 02, 2016, 10:01:43 am
Whoa pump the brakes dude. TP isn't that bad of a poster geez.

I also love that CBB is doing this. TP may be the only one that doesn't but it is his opinion.

How do some of these guys make it through the day when someone offers an opinion that doesn't align with theirs and they take it as such an offense?

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 02, 2016, 10:00:04 am
At this point there is nothing to make fun of.  Now if you see Bielema splitting his pants on a the recruiting trail maybe.  I think many here on this forum are always drawing narrow minded conclusions like this.  Because Bielema is marketing the program in a way, we think that all would make fun of Saban doing this.  I just think that is incorrect, I think it shows a little insecurity at the same time.

DISCLAIMER: I like Bielema and I love the idea of this series. Showing a different side of him and giving the school exposure is phenomenal marketing.

But. I don't think anyone would make fun of Saban because the guy is serious and an extremely good coach. However, you're telling me that if Freeze, Miles, Muschamp, etc. did something like this, that Hogville wouldn't eat them alive? Please.

Hoggish1

Yep, you might be...

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 02, 2016, 10:09:37 am
How do some of these guys make it through the day when someone offers an opinion that doesn't align with theirs and they take it as such an offense?

DISCLAIMER: I like Bielema and I love the idea of this series. Showing a different side of him and giving the school exposure is phenomenal marketing.

But. I don't think anyone would make fun of Saban because the guy is serious and an extremely good coach. However, you're telling me that if Freeze, Miles, Muschamp, etc. did something like this, that Hogville wouldn't eat them alive? Please.

Les could pull this off. But yes Muschamp, Freeze, Gus wouldnt entertaining

RazorPiggie

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 02, 2016, 10:09:37 am

It's a message board. i'd imagine if someone said something to their face they wouldn't say much back.

Hoggish1

What, Siri saying call Hugh Freeze...?

That was very sharp and hilarious!  Bret is going to unhinge some of these doofus SEC coaches before it's all done...

Exit Pursued by a Boar

What's wrong with it? Seems light-hearted and informative.  Makes more sense than Harbaugh spending the night with a recruit.  I'm good with it.

EFBAB

factchecker

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 02, 2016, 10:15:22 am
It's a message board. i'd imagine if someone said something to their face they wouldn't say much back.

Works both ways.  If someone doesn't like something about the program then they need to drive up to Fayetteville and try to get it fixed.  Confront the coaches or Jeff Long face to face. 

But wait... that's what message boards are for.  You can voice your opinion freely.  However, others have the right to tell you how asinine they feel your opinion is.  In the end, it's just words--- get over it.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Tony Perkis

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on February 02, 2016, 10:15:38 am
What's wrong with it? Seems light-hearted and informative.  Makes more sense than Harbaugh spending the night with a recruit.  I'm good with it.

EFBAB
Very true!

Tony Perkis

Quote from: factchecker on February 02, 2016, 10:20:44 am
Works both ways.  If someone doesn't like something about the program then they need to drive up to Fayetteville and try to get it fixed.  Confront the coaches or Jeff Long face to face. 

But wait... that's what message boards are for.  You can voice your opinion freely.  However, others have the right to tell you how asinine your opinion is.  In the end, it's just words--- get over it.
Although I wouldn't have to drive anywhere, I'm not sure Jeff Long would want to meet with me face to face about me not being a huge fan of a YouTube series. Plus, I have more serious issues than that I could discuss. Like the removal of Slobberin' Hog  >:(

factchecker

Quote from: Tony Perkis on February 02, 2016, 10:22:55 am
Although I wouldn't have to drive anywhere, I'm not sure Jeff Long would want to meet with me face to face about me not being a huge fan of a YouTube series. Plus, I have more serious issues than that I could discuss. Like the removal of Slobberin' Hog  >:(

OK... I agree with you there.  #BringBackSlobberin'Hog 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Vantage 8 dude

While I respect your opinion I'm just curious as to why you feel that way? As long as the production is tastefully done and reflects well on CBB and his relationship with players, enthusiasm for the program what's the downside? One thing that IMO was amazingly powerful in the clip was the part at the very beginning about the things he WON'T tolerate in a prospect-the disrespect toward women was HUGE because it sends a message that all men need to be reminded of. Any good publicity for our program can't do anything but help. I believe this series can do just that for the Hogs.

oldbear

You are more than welcome to your own opinion, but we should all be ready to be picked on when we share it. Nothing wrong either way. I make fun of my friends" and family's opinions when they differ from mine. Still love them.

I absolutely love the series. I think it will be great for recruiting. Then again, I like people that take good calculated risks to try to do things better.

rustr

I love it, more exposure for the program as others have said. I don't really see a negative to it.

As much as people (not here, just in general) have been poking fun at Harbaugh's recruiting antics, I saw a segment on ESPN about it, and they were talking about how much it is working. They were talking about how it's resonating with recruits and that, along with better field production, has brought Michigan back in the spotlight (celebrity signing day and all). I'm all for anything that expands the brand and gets us talked about, in a positive way, more.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: oldbear on February 02, 2016, 10:41:55 am
You are more than welcome to your own opinion, but we should all be ready to be picked on when we share it. Nothing wrong either way. I make fun of my friends" and family's opinions when they differ from mine. Still love them.

I absolutely love the series. I think it will be great for recruiting. Then again, I like people that take good calculated risks to try to do things better.
Couldn't agree more!

PorkRinds

Harbaugh is going to get the number one player in the nation.  But not because his recruiting tactics are great.  Well, unless you count hiring the kids' high school coach as a recruiting tactic.

RedyorNot

The more I learn about CBB the more I believe we will achieve his vision of an SEC championship and making the playoff. Genuine, focused, loves what he does and surrounds himself with a solid staff. The recipe for success for any job.

Atlhogfan1

Just hope everyone is careful including Bo not to violate any recruiting bylaws in regards to such things as recording our coaches' comments about specific recruits. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

gchamblee

i think being made fun of would be a valid concern if the production quality was low end, but it isnt. the production quality is professional and the content is entertainingly interesting. from the few primers i have seen of this, the only people making fun of it would be those that feel uncomfortably jealous.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: gchamblee on February 02, 2016, 11:13:03 am
i think being made fun of would be a valid concern if the production quality was low end, but it isnt. the production quality is professional and the content is entertainingly interesting. from the few primers i have seen of this, the only people making fun of it would be those that feel uncomfortably jealous.
Good point. And I can probably assume with good accuracy that they wouldn't allow anything remotely questionable to be released.

Vantage 8 dude

One last thought: We've all, well at least most of us, have been guilty of complaining that Arkansas is never first in anything; we're always just trying to catch up with Alabama's or LSU's of the world. Well guess what. We've broken out of the pack and made a whole new mold with this series. We've "taking the fight" to the enemy and saying very up front "We have a great brand and product to see at the University of Arkansas and you can be a part of a growing and powerful giant. We want your best high school students because we're not only going to shape them on the field but in the classroom and as men prepared for the world". If that message doesn't resinate and get some attention with both kids and their parents then there's no help for them.

Someone earlier this week posted a thread dealing with doing more advertising for the U of A. And while billboards and such might be great, how about really getting the most "bang for your buck"? I honestly can't think of a more powerful and direct way of sending these messages out over You Tube. What kid or adult doesn't check out postings on that site? In a sense what we've done with this series is to obtain front page coverage in every newspaper, on every t.v. and radio station throughout the country (and beyond). And that, my friends, is how you really sell your story!!!!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

onebadrubi

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 02, 2016, 11:28:06 am
One last thought: We've all, well at least most of us, have been guilty of complaining that Arkansas is never first in anything; we're always just trying to catch up with Alabama's or LSU's of the world. Well guess what. We've broken out of the pack and made a whole new mold with this series. We've "taking the fight" to the enemy and saying very up front "We have a great brand and product to see at the University of Arkansas and you can be a part of a growing and powerful giant. We want your best high school students because we're not only going to shape them on the field but in the classroom and as men prepared for the world". If that message doesn't resinate and get some attention with both kids and their parents then there's no help for them.

Someone earlier this week posted a thread dealing with doing more advertising for the U of A. And while billboards and such might be great, how about really getting the most "bang for your buck"? I honestly can't think of a more powerful and direct way of sending these messages out over You Tube. What kid or adult doesn't check out postings on that site? In a sense what we've done with this series is to obtain front page coverage in every newspaper, on every t.v. and radio station throughout the country (and beyond). And that, my friends, is how you really sell your story!!!!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

I think you are correct here.  I think these video's will be released at strategic times in the recruiting process as well.  I don't think this will be an every sunday thing in the off season.  I think this is very similar Coaches tweets that have hidden messages.

farfromgroovins

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 02, 2016, 11:28:06 am

Amen!
We are on their heels and now is the time to take that next step to pass up the SEC's finest. Just being a Razorback isn't enough, we have to do something different. If Kentucky or Vanderbilt really wanted to build up their football program would they say, "Hey recruits, come play at one of the finest football programs in the SEC!"? Heck no, wouldn't work.
We have to sell what being a Razorback means and it more than just football. We are right there and it is time to take that next step and it will take a different angle.....something #UnCommon!

buldozer

Until more than a trailer comes out, so we can see for sure this puts CBB and our program in a positive light, I don't see how all of you can immediately come to the conclusion that this will be great.

I hope it will be good, the trailers look fine so far, nothing in them seems embarrassing and puts CBB or the Razorback program in a bad light..... but I will reserve final judgement until I watch all of the footage that will eventually be released. I can see how it would be positive IF done correctly.

I hope the university would never let anything like this to be released without reviewing it first and retaining final editing rights.... because you never know what some third party editor might think is humorous and include in a final cut that might paint CBB or the university poorly

The NewEra

Quote from: Tony Perkis on February 02, 2016, 09:55:40 am
I think I'm positive a lot more than that. I'm sorry you feel that way.

When you have a guy with Bielemas' personality, in this modern technology age, you get him out there at every opportunity.  The guy's not only a very good coach but a master marketer.  And very likeable.

ricepig

Quote from: buldozer on February 02, 2016, 01:07:06 pm
Until more than a trailer comes out, so we can see for sure this puts CBB and our program in a positive light, I don't see how all of you can immediately come to the conclusion that this will be great.

I hope it will be good, the trailers look fine so far, nothing in them seems embarrassing and puts CBB or the Razorback program in a bad light..... but I will reserve final judgement until I watch all of the footage that will eventually be released. I can see how it would be positive IF done correctly.

I hope the university would never let anything like this to be released without reviewing it first and retaining final editing rights.... because you never know what some third party editor might think is humorous and include in a final cut that might paint CBB or the university poorly

I doubt Bret agreed to it without having the final say so.

buldozer

Vantage 8 dude

buldozer, I'm sure we ALL want nothing but the most positive and professional presentation to made available. I also suspect that doubtless goes for the "fathers" on the Hill who will be the ultimate determinants of what goes into the videos. I SERIOUSLY doubt that knowing the power of the internet anyone associated with the program want CBB or the program in general to look in any way buffoonish or in any other light but totally "top drawer". One reason why the film/video industry has something called "editing". And I can assure you that particular function is indispensable when it comes to putting the best and most polished product out to the public. I think in this case we can rest easy that those in charge will see the highest standards are followed.