Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damarea Crockett

Started by DeshaHog51, February 02, 2016, 07:33:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeshaHog51

Why no love or talk at all of the kid??? I understand evalutions are made early and contact is made early but we are extending late offers as kids fall off the board. Why not add him, along with Porter and have one of the Best RB classes in the SEC.i watched him play Wynne in the Quarterfinals this past fall and came away very impressed. Very elusive and sudden athlete.

Ramboar

Already been evaluated. Coaches passed.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

greenEGnHAWGS

They must feel good with what we have/are getting. And realize that there are other needs that this team has in which we need to recruit for as opposed to just giving him an offer cuz he's from Arkansas.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

factchecker

Coaches evaluated and decided not to offer. 

We've got Whaley and Hammonds.  If we don't get Porter then I think we go to Trey Ragas for our last running-back. 

I'm not sure what the hold up is.  I don't think Coach Bielema would offer this late b/c it might be a slap to the face.  I believe that Coach Bielema has been up front with Damarea.  How bad would it have been if we took his commitment and then asked him to gray-shirt or walk-on on signing day because we filled up the class? 

Maybe Coach Bielema already offered a grayshirt scenario and Damarea turned it down.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MissippHog

Quote from: Ramboar on February 02, 2016, 07:38:03 am
Already been evaluated. Coaches passed.
Yep.  Good luck to the young man.

The Boar War

Seems pretty clear: they aren't interested in Crockett.

jry04

Seems like a solid recruit, and a good kid. However, I have never seen so many fans upset we didn't offer a kid with his best offer being Boise and Missouri. I get wanting to keep kids in state, but there is a reason that this kid doesn't have many power 5 offers. I think Missouri, Vandy, and Arizona State are his only P5 offers.

It reminds me of Kaleb Blanchard a few years ago. The kid was a 4* on 1 or 2 publications, but had offers from schools like South Alabama, Southern Miss, ULM, ULL. Bielema came in and immediately said no thanks to the kid, and everyone questioned Bielema and thought he was an idiot. Blanchard never amounted to anything and ended up getting kicked out of school.

NLRHog92

As stated above, seems CBB has been upfront and honest about everything. It's an odd scenario. Personally, I thought he was too slow. I'm not sure if it's just talent level he went against or what, but senior video looked really good, better than Ragas. I'm not sure the pecking order on that, or if we'll even take another RB besides Porter, but I was still impressed. It makes me wonder if he's offered tomorrow morning (once the Porter decision is known and not in our favor) would he commit and sign to be a Hog despite it being last minute? Doesn't appear he has negative feelings towards CBB and staff, but also not sure if he had a desire to be a Hog from the get-go. Either way, we'll be fine as this is a great class, and I wish Mr. Crockett well, just hope he doesn't tear it up against the Hogs in the future.

HawgHeadCheese

I honestly don't see why Crockett is a 4 star. I've watched his film and he is fast in open field, but I've seen a lot of clips where he isn't running hard and he runs out of bounds to avoid contact at the HS level. Maybe he plays both ways which would explain the plays he is just jogging, but to not finish your runs in HS won't translate well to the SEC.

HumbleHogkid

It appears that was your first post. How are you related to him?

KevinOMReb

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on February 02, 2016, 07:59:20 am
I honestly don't see why Crockett is a 4 star. I've watched his film and he is fast in open field, but I've seen a lot of clips where he isn't running hard and he runs out of bounds to avoid contact at the HS level. Maybe he plays both ways which would explain the plays he is just jogging, but to not finish your runs in HS won't translate well to the SEC.

I've watched him at LRCA.  Nice back.   Not great.  Nice.  And just because he got a offer from Missouri that still doesn't mean he's SEC material. Missouri is a dumpster fire.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Hogginout

Might be the best thing to happen to him not being offered by the hogs, he doesn't have live up to the hype aka brodrick green
Hogs 4 Life

secneahog

Devwah Whaley. Tj Hammonds and Kyle Porter is what happend.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: DeshaHog51 on February 02, 2016, 07:33:16 am
Why no love or talk at all of the kid??? I understand evalutions are made early and contact is made early but we are extending late offers as kids fall off the board. Why not add him, along with Porter and have one of the Best RB classes in the SEC.i watched him play Wynne in the Quarterfinals this past fall and came away very impressed. Very elusive and sudden athlete.

He has not been offerred by Arkansas and he has been committed elsewhere for months... What's to talk about? Let's not invite the trolls to bad mouth the kid.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

NLRHog92

Quote from: Hogginout on February 02, 2016, 08:10:34 am
Might be the best thing to happen to him not being offered by the hogs, he doesn't have live up to the hype aka brodrick green

That's not even relevant, totally different situation. Green went to USC and then transferred here. Crockett would come in as a freshman and develop under the coaches for the Hogs, not for another program. Also, Crockett isn't that hyped, or at least not to the extent of Green. He doesn't have near the number or level of offers that Broderick did. Just because on one service he is ranked a 4 star and made All-State doesn't mean he's as hyped. I understand the correlation you were trying to make because they come from the same city and play the same position, but again, completely different situations.

Hogginout

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 02, 2016, 08:21:48 am
That's not even relevant, totally different situation. Green went to USC and then transferred here. Crockett would come in as a freshman and develop under the coaches for the Hogs, not for another program. Also, Crockett isn't that hyped, or at least not to the extent of Green. He doesn't have near the number or level of offers that Broderick did. Just because on one service he is ranked a 4 star and made All-State doesn't mean he's as hyped. I understand the correlation you were trying to make because they come from the same city and play the same position, but again, completely different situations.

understand
Hogs 4 Life

AugustaHog

There's nothing wrong with this kid, he just didn't meet the needs we had for a RB.  It's exciting to see the kid get a chance to play in the SEC.  I wish him nothing but the best other than the Friday after Thanksgiving each year.

kaki

Quote from: HumbleHogkid on February 02, 2016, 08:01:07 am
It appears that was your first post. How are you related to him?
And this is your 27th post, hopefully the 26 previous posts were more value adding.

WooPig90

BOAR'N LEGACY

"If it's important enough for you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse." - Jimmy Dykes

"What if DOG was spelled C-A-T?" - Oger

"Cinnabons from Taco Bell: They'll make you cream your pants!" - Nick Kremers

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: kaki on February 02, 2016, 09:12:55 am
And this is your 27th post, hopefully the 26 previous posts were more value adding.
You mean kinda like your first 186?

RazorWhacker

Quote from: BOAR'N LEGACY on February 02, 2016, 10:21:30 am
What do you mean?

My guess is he's saying another thread that devolves into a whizzing match.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RazorWhacker on February 02, 2016, 10:28:40 am
Perhaps he might also be referring to our just adding another walk on. That would be Blake Kern, TE out of Lamar.

WooPig90

Quote from: RazorWhacker on February 02, 2016, 10:28:40 am

This and another why didnt we offer Crockett thread lol

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: DeshaHog51 on February 02, 2016, 07:33:16 am

Nobody on here knows. You can ignore all the responses. Coaches have let slip to recruiting reporters that they expected to sign better players. If Arkansas signs only one running back, you can fairly question the decision to pass over Crockett. Seems to me that the coaches -- this year -- are trying to get backs with superior speed/quickness. Have not heard Crockett described as a player who has plus-plus speed/quickness.
[CENSORED]!

whosiskid

I apologize for not remembering the name of the board member - perhaps he will see this and step forward - but there was a post in a thread about Pierre Strong from McClellan. There was debate about whether or not Strong was SEC material (this was before his final 3 or 4 games of the season, in which he led McClellan to the state championship game, ending the year with stats that in many ways were more impressive than TJ Hammonds very impressive statistics) and the poster whose name I'm forgetting stepped in to say that he had reffed Strong during the season and thought he was a very good looking back, and that he liked him better than Crockett, who was also in a game he reffed. The fact that a ref thought that Strong was better than Crockett doesn't necessarily mean that Crockett isn't SEC material, but you just don't find many people who has seen Crockett up close who think that he is a good fit for Arkansas. He is a little bigger than Strong, but he lacks Strong's explosiveness

The more interesting debate might be whether Crockett is better than Carlos Blackman. I know Blackman is at a smaller school, but to me he looks better on film than Crockett. He was offered by the military academies, but he apparently doesn't want to go into the military. I can understand that, but I personally think he could turn out to be the more interesting college prospect.

All in all, if we decide to offer instate, I'd just wait and go with Pierre Strong next year. If Porter doesn't commit to us, I would hate to see us potentially waste an offer on someone who might not have SEC potential.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson