Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Porter is not a Hog, who else?

Started by online-with-swine, February 01, 2016, 01:40:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

online-with-swine

I personally think he ends up here (no inside info just gut) but if not, who else?  I saw Ragas' name thrown out but wasn't there another RB who visited?

scruf

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

online-with-swine

I'm sorry, I meant what other running back options would we have.

BatesvilleHOG

Not too certain on other RB's we've had on campus but I really like that Jones kid from Tulsa as a scat back. UNDER RATED

I also remember Richard saying Coach Singleton discovered Jones.. Would definitely be something to follow if we don't get Porter.

online-with-swine

Quote from: DCimport on February 01, 2016, 01:46:04 pm
T.J. Hammonds could fill that spot

True.  He will star at any place they put him.  That may allow us to go in a different direction position wise if we don't get Porter then.

1Hog1/2Ham

Recruited as a linebacker. But De'jon Harris looks like he could easily be a RB in Arkansas' offense.

Hawg Life

Razorpigg

I just feel like if Porter wasn't already ours, we would have heard a name like Ragas by now. 

TrueBlue

Uncommon

Quote from: 1Hog1/2Ham on February 01, 2016, 01:51:04 pm
Recruited as a linebacker. But De'jon Harris looks like he could easily be a RB in Arkansas' offense.
We have as many RBs for spring practice as we do LBs.  We NEED him at LB.

duckman

Quote from: Razorpigg on February 01, 2016, 01:52:21 pm
I just feel like if Porter wasn't already ours, we would have heard a name like Ragas by now. 

That's where I'm at...

The_Iceman

Maybe look for a grad transfer or just go with Whaley and make Hammonds a full time RB.

online-with-swine

Would the coaches be happy with a Barry Sanders JR as an alternative?

1Hog1/2Ham

Quote from: Uncommon on February 01, 2016, 01:55:43 pm
I don't care where he plays. Still looks capable. Just glad he's coming here.

PorkRinds

secneahog

You think lber is that thin? Davenport already said were recruiting him at safety. Big need there,  a big headbuster back there.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Uncommon

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2016, 02:05:43 pm
You think lber is that thin? Davenport already said were recruiting him at safety. Big need there,  a big headbuster back there.
Wrong thread?  We're talking about De'Jon Harris.  Yes, LB is that thin.  Derrick Graham was in the post bowl DL photo and not the post bowl LB photo.  Leaving us with Brooks Ellis, Dwayne Eugene, Dre Greenlaw, and Khalia Hackett for the spring as our scholarship LBs.  Harris, Jean-Baptiste, LaFrance, and Walker bumps the number to 8.  With Randy Ramsey as a notable walk-on to make it 9.

secneahog

Quote from: Uncommon on February 01, 2016, 02:10:01 pm
Wrong thread?  We're talking about De'Jon Harris.  Yes, LB is that thin.  Derrick Graham was in the post bowl DL photo and not the post bowl LB photo.  Leaving us with Brooks Ellis, Dwayne Eugene, Dre Greenlaw, and Khalia Hackett for the spring as our scholarship LBs.

Why are you saying wrong thread when you was referring to it first?  You brought it up so I asked a question.  You forgot Kendrick Jackson smart guy.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Uncommon

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2016, 02:10:58 pm
Why are you saying wrong thread when you was referring to it first?  You brought it up so I asked a question.  You forgot Kendrick Jackson smart guy.
Because you said De'Jon Harris was being recruited as a safety?

Kendrick Jackson last played at fullback.  Have him there until he officially goes back to linebacker.

jry04

There is a RB we are going to offer if Porter doesn't come according to some recruiting analysts. I guess we will see.

whosiskid

Why are we getting so many comments about Porter possibly not being a Hog? Because he did not commit on the spot? I've not seen anything to indicate that he won't be a Razorback. I think he may have been a silent commit to Arkansas - and I never, ever say anyone is silent commit - before the visit to Fayetteville. But he is just that: silent.

I feel pretty good about him.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

WooPig90

He was referring to Harris, not sure who you are talking about

Country Stylz

Country Stylz

Country Stylz

I'd rather have Joshua Jacobs than Porter. There I said it? Don't know if I mean that. Can we have both?

secneahog

Quote from: Uncommon on February 01, 2016, 02:14:07 pm

Kendrick Jackson last played at fullback.  Have him there until he officially goes back to linebacker.

No I didn't say that about Harris. Wrong guy.
Bielema already said Kendrick was going back linebacker after the bowl game.

We have one safety for sure committed and that's Deon Edwards. We need a second one in Calvin.

secneahog

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 01, 2016, 02:31:15 pm
I'd rather have Joshua Jacobs than Porter. There I said it? Don't know if I mean that. Can we have both?

I would hope you don't mean that. Porter is on another level.

Uncommon

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2016, 02:32:37 pm

Reread this.

Quote from: 1Hog1/2Ham on February 01, 2016, 01:51:04 pm

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2016, 02:05:43 pm

Wrong thread?  We're talking about De'Jon Harris.  Yes, LB is that thin.  Derrick Graham was in the post bowl DL photo and not the post bowl LB photo.  Leaving us with Brooks Ellis, Dwayne Eugene, Dre Greenlaw, and Khalia Hackett for the spring as our scholarship LBs.  Harris, Jean-Baptiste, LaFrance, and Walker bumps the number to 8.  With Randy Ramsey as a notable walk-on to make it 9.

Quote from: Uncommon on February 01, 2016, 02:14:07 pm

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2016, 02:32:37 pm
Bielema already said Kendrick was going back linebacker after the bowl game.

We have one safety for sure committed and that's Deon Edwards. We need a second one in Calvin.
You're right about Kendrick Jackson.  My mistake

Also, we have 2 safety commitments.  Deon Edwards AND Micahh Smith.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Razorpigg on February 01, 2016, 01:52:21 pm

I think it's more like he's a phenomenal talent, and so we are all in with him.  Not going to look at anyone else until we know for certain on Porter.  Even if it means some signing day scramble or holding the scholie for next year.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

scruf

Jacobs is not coming. He visited Alabama over the weekend, picked up an offer and is now a 4*. Funny how that works.

secneahog

Quote from: Uncommon on February 01, 2016, 02:38:49 pm
Reread this.

You're right about Kendrick Jackson.  My mistake

Also, we have 2 safety commitments.  Deon Edwards AND Micahh Smith.

I was talking about Calvin bundage. Who in their right mind would say Harris at safety? That's not even plausible.  Figured you would have picked up on that. 

You sure Smith is a safety and not a corner?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 01, 2016, 02:31:15 pm

Said no one ever.

nevermind. I'm thinking about a different RB.

Country Stylz

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2016, 02:34:44 pm
Plus Porter's a four year guy. Think Jacobs was a juco. I'll have to go back and look while watching him run for long TD's like Clinton Portis.

secneahog

Quote from: scruf on February 01, 2016, 02:43:37 pm
Jacobs is not coming. He visited Alabama over the weekend, picked up an offer and is now a 4*. Funny how that works.

If I remember right Jacobs played qb and would run out of shotgun Alot right?

WooPig90

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2016, 02:44:34 pm
I was talking about Calvin bundage. Who in their right mind would say Harris at safety? That's not even plausible.  Figured you would have picked up on that. 

He is definitely a safety

Country Stylz

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2016, 02:34:44 pm
Jacobs is Class of 2016.  Yeah, I think I'd take Jacobs. Which makes me stupid because the coaches want Porter. I realize that.

Uncommon

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2016, 02:44:34 pm

What!?

Again, look back.  I responded to a poster who said Harris could play RB if needed to by saying we have a greater need at LB.  You responded to me with, "RD said we're recruiting him at safety."

I responded with are you sure you are talking about De'Jon Harris?  I assumed you were talking about Bundage but gave you the chance to clear it up.

You never replied with I was talking about Bundage until now.

And Micahh Smith is listed as a safety on every recruiting site.

Polecat

Josh Harris and Randy Ramsey will be available at LB in the spring as well, correct?
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Uncommon

Quote from: Polecat on February 01, 2016, 02:58:25 pm
Josh Harris and Randy Ramsey will be available at LB in the spring as well, correct?

Country Stylz

Quote from: scruf on February 01, 2016, 02:43:37 pm
Read on here where Singleton discovered him and it may help us?

scruf

Quote from: Polecat on February 01, 2016, 02:58:25 pm
Also RS-FR Tyler Phillips (6'1", 222) and SR Nicolas Thomas-Smith (5'10", 225)

Uncommon

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 01, 2016, 03:01:12 pm
Read on here where Singleton discovered him and it may help us?
Guess who was in charge of Oklahoma recruiting?

Country Stylz

Quote from: Uncommon on February 01, 2016, 03:11:23 pm
Guess who was in charge of Oklahoma recruiting?
Pittman yeah I read that yesterday. Read that about Singleton about an hour ago. Can't find it. It's crazy on here right now.

redeye

Justin Crawford is another one that mentioned.  He's the RB from the same JUCO as Terrance Malone.  It was believed he would commit to Georgia, but they apparently never offered and he committed to West Virginia on Saturday.  We never offered, either, so it might be possible that he'd flip if we did.

opineonswine

Quote from: RedyorNot on February 01, 2016, 03:19:35 pm
Same here-

Porter has played it very close to the vest.  Not sure anyone knows where he is going yet.

online-with-swine

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 01, 2016, 02:53:52 pm
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1719332/highlights/297827440/v3

I mean?

Dang!  I thought a couple of those dbs just died at the goal line.  With him it's either around or through you but he is getting in the end zone regardless.