Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keep in mind we have some cushion in this class.

Started by JIHawg, January 31, 2016, 11:24:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Ricky Town-5 star, not included in any recruiting class yet, starts in the spring.

Ramsey-4 star at a much needed position.  Will go through spring practice.

Logan Tillman-4 star, graduate transfer, offensive tackle, position of great need, if he indeed is coming.

Kody Walker-was going to forego football, but has decided to play one more year.  4 star.  Adds good depth at critical position.

That's a five star and 3 four stars that won't make any recruiting services final ratings, but we know they are there.  It gives us some slack to miss on some of our top targets.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Oklahawg

Josh Williams

Ricky Town

which OL??

CBB has a habit of finding an impact player well after signing day. Might as well save a scholie for it.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

scruf

This class doesn't need a cushion. There's nothing wrong with it.

redeye

We also have a lot of talented young players who've yet to see the field.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

duckman

CDBHawg

We're at 87 total scholarships. Meaning at least two current scholarship players will move on or be taken off scholarship.

If we sign a full 25 plus add Tillman, we'll have 7 over the limit.

JIHawg

CDBHawg

Jim Harris

Quote from: JIHawg on January 31, 2016, 11:24:21 pm
Ricky Town-5 star, not included in any recruiting class yet, starts in the spring.

Ramsey-4 star at a much needed position.  Will go through spring practice.

Logan Tillman-4 star, graduate transfer, offensive tackle, position of great need, if he indeed is coming.

Kody Walker-was going to forego football, but has decided to play one more year.  4 star.  Adds good depth at critical position.

That's a five star and 3 four stars that won't make any recruiting services final ratings, but we know they are there.  It gives us some slack to miss on some of our top targets.

Why do you keep saying Ramsey this and that, that he'll go through speing practice? He is not part of the team.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

HogFather1

Ramsey is coming back. He is paying his own way for now.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 01, 2016, 01:03:27 am
Why do you keep saying Ramsey this and that, that he'll go through speing practice? He is not part of the team.
He back. Quietly, but he back. Walk on

sickboy

So now he's not going to be walking on for spring?

factchecker

He's been working out with them.  He's a walk-on but we have plenty other walk-on's.  Are they not part of the team?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

I have zero clue on how to link instagram or if you even can but 6 days ago Randy posted a video with him in the locker room with the following caption:

r.rambo11    1st workout #spring ☑️

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-krDUr5mc/?taken-by=r.rambo11

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogs958

CBB said Ramsey will be with the team as a walk on this Spring. He is part of the team, and I hope he completes his come back.

redeye

Quote from: factchecker on February 01, 2016, 01:23:38 am
I have zero clue on how to link instagram or if you even can but 6 days ago Randy posted a video with him in the locker room with the following caption:

r.rambo11    1st workout #spring ☑️

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-krDUr5mc/?taken-by=r.rambo11

Thanks for that.

I don't know what happened with the original announcement, but it seems a lot of people still don't think he's returned.

RazorPiggie

My gosh are you really as forgetful as Bob Knight?

Nafunu32

My guess is CBB didn't expect Ramsey to accept the terms of being a walk on. Prove his worth, and maybe receive one down the road.

Athog

Quote from: scruf on January 31, 2016, 11:27:40 pm
This class doesn't need a cushion. There's nothing wrong with it.

No it does not ,however if you want to win consistently you have to continue to backfill every year.

ricepig

And you're with the media?  Just think, now you can do a click-bait article on him and post it on here.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2016, 07:18:34 am
And you're with the media?  Just think, now you can do a click-bait article on him and post it on here.
Look, bud, Ramsey ain't coming back!   >:(  (He's already there.)

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 01, 2016, 07:21:53 am
Look, bud, Ramsey ain't coming back!   >:(  (He's already there.)

Ahh, forgive me for my wayward thinking.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2016, 07:18:34 am

He's with the media? Lol explains everything.

onebadrubi

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 01, 2016, 07:42:18 am
He's with the media? Lol explains everything.
Sadly, Yes... That's just how good the media in Arkansas is

wupigsuey

You've been following Bob Holt too. Not to worry, there are others on this board who think he's the gospel as well.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

rhames

Leave Jim alone. He is alright and I like his humor. The Ramsey saga has been a weird one
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PorkRinds

I love when stuff like this happens...

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 31, 2016, 11:25:05 pm
Josh Williams

Ricky Town

which OL??

CBB has a habit of finding an impact player well after signing day. Might as well save a scholie for it.

CBB said in his last PC that it would basically be a miracle if Josh Williams were to play football this year.

Vantage 8 dude

Man, for someone who's supposed to be so in the know you really amaze me. I suppose you were either out of the country or asleep during the news conference that CBB had several weeks ago. Since you obviously missed it I'll summarize for you: While Ramsey isn't on scholarship, he is apparently enrolled ON HIS OWN DIME (paying his own way in case you don't understand that term) and has indicated he would like to try to eventually earn his way back onto the team. Bret went on to add that under those conditions it was very likely that the young man will be allowed to do so. While technically he's currently not part of the team, the door is being opened a crack to see what the young man can do.

Personally I'd really like to see him succeed. If he really wants it that badly after all his trials/issues and such what a great story of redemption that would be!!

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 01, 2016, 09:25:49 am
Man, for someone who's supposed to be so in the know you really amaze me. I suppose you were either out of the country or asleep during the news conference that CBB had several weeks ago. Since you obviously missed it I'll summarize for you: While Ramsey isn't on scholarship, he is apparently enrolled ON HIS OWN DIME (paying his own way in case you don't understand that term) and has indicated he would like to try to eventually earn his way back onto the team. Bret went on to add that under those conditions it was very likely that the young man will be allowed to do so. While technically he's currently not part of the team, the door is being opened a crack to see what the young man can do.

Personally I'd really like to see him succeed. If he really wants it that badly after all his trials/issues and such what a great story of redemption that would be!!

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=608635.0

WooPig90

Been living under a rock?

Vantage 8 dude

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 01, 2016, 10:42:07 am
My point is didn't ole Jim boy have access to any or all that information before he made his "observation". Geez..... ::) :-\

I guess not, it's hard to keep up to date with what's going on in the program. You know, no news conferences, or social media updates......

buldozer

Quote from: redeye on January 31, 2016, 11:41:31 pm
We also have a lot of talented young players who've yet to see the field.
^^^This^^^

buldozer

Hilarious!

Piggfoot

You Guys lay off my buddy Jim. He may have been suffering from Bernaise Narcosis when he wrote that post.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Piggfoot on February 01, 2016, 12:05:35 pm
You Guys lay off my buddy Jim. He may have been suffering from Bernaise Narcosis when he wrote that post.
Is that in anyway related to Bernie Sanders Syndrome or Bernie Madoff Kleptomaniac Disease ??? 

BirmingHam

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 01, 2016, 12:26:36 pm
Is that in anyway related to Bernie Sanders Syndrome or Bernie Madoff Kleptomaniac Disease ??? 

No, but it does relate to the Hillary Clinton Memory Cloud Dysfunction

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: BirmingHam on February 01, 2016, 12:32:11 pm
No, but it does relate to the Hillary Clinton Memory Cloud Dysfunction
Yeah, obviously a lot of that going on these days. Isn't that known as "having your head in the cloud(s)?

BirmingHam

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 01, 2016, 12:40:10 pm
Yeah, obviously a lot of that going on these days. Isn't that known as "having your head in the cloud(s)?

But, you'll be OK as long as you don't inhale

Vantage 8 dude

February 01, 2016, 12:43:45 pm #45 Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:01:25 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: BirmingHam on February 01, 2016, 12:41:45 pm
But, you'll be OK as long as you don't inhale
And.....never have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky. ( point finger, jut jaw and clench mouth tightly for extra added emphasis)

BirmingHam

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 01, 2016, 12:43:45 pm
And.....never have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky. ( point finger and pound fist for extra added emphasis)

You can clean that dress with a little White Water  ;)

GoHogzzGo

So what is up with Tillman's 247 page? Shows Washington state now. Is that right, sorry if already addressed.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on February 01, 2016, 12:55:21 pm
So what is up with Tillman's 247 page? Shows Washington state now. Is that right, sorry if already addressed.
It's my understanding this may be dated. He was a WSU commit for quite some time. The word is, however, if he can graduate and somehow get past the pending legal issue he has, he very well may go ahead and sign with the Hogs. We shall see.....

DCimport

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 01, 2016, 01:00:49 pm
It's my understanding this may be dated. He was a WSU commit for quite some time. The word is, however, if he can graduate and somehow get past the pending legal issue he has, he very well may go ahead and sign with the Hogs. We shall see.....
He will be taking corespondents courses while training in Chicago this semester.  Do transfers actually sign an LOI that is binding?