razormaniac23

5 spots to fill and I can't think of enough likely commits
Porter?
Fulton?
Cleveland?
Marshall?
Idk..Anyone got a clue?

Love those Hogs

No clue.  My hopes are up, but not getting good vibes....
Hogs 4 Life!

WaltonCollege

Probably Marshall, Rich said he almost mic dropped.

Hogginout

Quote from: razormaniac23 on January 31, 2016, 06:04:22 pm
Porter?
Fulton?
Cleveland?
Marshall?
Idk..Anyone got a clue?

Has to be be Marshall the other guys may announce on signing day and we might not like their announcements. I hope i am wrong
Hogs 4 Life

Razorpigg

Yea unless Marshall commits, I don't think we will know anything else for sure til Wednesday.

rljjr

The fun part in all of this is that the staff is working like crazy behind the scenes to produce an outstanding signing day. I'm not going to be surprised if there is at least one name nobody is thinking of right now -- and I don't mean what some of you would consider a plan B, C, or whatever. Just like CBB's coaching hires, the world of recruiting offers so many unexpected outcomes.

Hogsfan1981

Honestly, I hope we have some nice plan B guys lined up.

There is a chance we could miss on all of them. Or at least you can't rule that possibility out completely.

People are always saying that coach will not just sign bodies. They want quality over quantity.

But things change in the heat of the moment when your against it.

EulessHog

Man, we are below Kentucky and South Carolina according to Scout at 35th.  247 has us at 20, Rivals has us at 27, Maxpreps has us at 24 and Espn has us at 22.  If we can just pull off some of what b us left on the table.  Keeping fingers crossed.
Go Hogs Go!

presidenthog

I now believe that Pollard's schollie won't be filled, and that it will be given to ramsey after the spring when he proves he is serious.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: EulessHog on January 31, 2016, 07:12:06 pm
Man, we are below Kentucky and South Carolina according to Scout at 35th.  247 has us at 20, Rivals has us at 27, Maxpreps has us at 24 and Espn has us at 22.  If we can just pull off some of what b us left on the table.  Keeping fingers crossed.
So four out of the five services you quoted have us anywhere between 20 and 27 (average about 23). Then there are the clowns at Scout that have us ranked all the way down at 35th. Humm.....if this were a math quiz which how I want to score? Would that be 80% (4 out of 5) or a sorry 20% (1 out of 5) with the sorriest score being one Scout Service?

rzrbk_

Scout is the recruiting equivalent of Kentucky football so... whatevs

presidenthog

stop using any service besides 247. it is the only one worth using.

jjdlc

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 31, 2016, 07:26:33 pm
So four out of the five services you quoted have us anywhere between 20 and 27. Then there are the clowns at Scout that have us ranked all the way down at 35th. Humm.....if this were a math quiz which how I want to score? Would that be 80% (4 out of 5) or a sorry 20% (1 out of 5) with the sorriest score being one Scout Service?

At least he quoted everyone, instead of just throwing out the lowest score.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jjdlc on January 31, 2016, 07:28:43 pm
At least he quoted everyone, instead of just throwing out the lowest score.
True dat! However, if you're betting your life which one of these spreads are you likely taking?

JusJim

Quote from: jjdlc on January 31, 2016, 07:28:43 pm
So four out of the five services you quoted have us anywhere between 20 and 27. Then there are the clowns at Scout that have us ranked all the way down at 35th. Humm.....if this were a math quiz which how I want to score? Would that be 80% (4 out of 5) or a sorry 20% (1 out of 5) with the sorriest score being one Scout Service?
I'm just doing some math in my head here, but assume we finish (an average) of 25th.  If there are 128 D-1 Schools then that puts us in the top 20% in the nations.  Not really that bad.

If you take only the schools from the P5 conferences, throw in a couple of "highly regarded" independents you have somewhere around 68 schools.  You're still in the top 38% range.

Maybe not the greatest, but certainly nothing to be ashamed of.  It's only going to get better as long as we can keep CBB.

tophawg19

247 composite is a ranking based on all the services .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

fullfan

Quote from: razormaniac23 on January 31, 2016, 06:04:22 pm
Porter?
Fulton?
Cleveland?
Marshall?
Idk..Anyone got a clue?

Porter and Marshall are the only ones listed that sign with the Hogs. IMO.

Possibly someone not on radar or squeezed out at another school.

whosiskid

I am an ardent follower of recruiting, but I haven't bothered to check Scout in a couple of years. Frankly, after 247 and Richard there is such a drop off that I simply don't bother.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson