Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

seems appropriate

Started by brando, January 31, 2016, 05:33:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brando

I know I have never posted in here, but I read this forum daily and thought this would be good.

Check out @TexasFight52's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TexasFight52/status/693860575848198144?s=09

ADavisTheGOAT

That was pretty damn funny.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

greenie

You're right.  This is appropriate, especially at this time.  When we lose a commit (Pollard) or are battling for one (Fulton), fans can add nothing good to the process by tweeting or posting nasty remarks about a player, his parents, his school, his coach, etc. 

redeye

January 31, 2016, 06:37:39 pm #3 Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:30:19 pm by redeye
The problem here is that recruits want fans to tweet to them and about them.  Telling fans not to do it won't ever work and many disagree that tweeting recruits is bad.  Recruits will form opinions about fan bases, but they'll do that anyway.  Most recruits likely have a poor opinion of Arkansas before ever being contacted by an Arkansas fan and some interaction may change that.

I actually have no interest in tweeting recruits, so I don't do it.  I even think it's silly.  But I still think those who do tweet recruits make some difference.  Perceptions don't change in a static environment, so why not put your best out there for others to see?

Nosboar Accubond

I would say don't tweet anything negative.

redeye

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on January 31, 2016, 07:27:35 pm
I would say don't tweet anything negative.

Yes and I wish I'd included that in my post above.

Hoggish1