Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas should advertise more...

Started by TM Hog, January 31, 2016, 01:58:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogmolar

Quote from: HogNDas on January 31, 2016, 02:28:12 pm
NO DOUBT!....for one thing, Fayetteville, AR area is probably one of the most scenic areas in the SEC!
aTm is a flat neverland.
msu/om - are you kidding!...
Aub/AL - nothing scenic on the plains nor in t'town
LSU - gag me!
Fayetteville, PICTURESQUE!...PRISTINE!....just plain beautiful area!
Yes if you are a middle aged adult which I am so I agree with you. Not sure 18 yo kids see this.

sasnakrafan

Quote from: Wildhog on January 31, 2016, 02:24:47 pm

Fyi Lamar is based in Baton Rouge so I'm sure the owner has ties to Lsu.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: presidenthog on January 31, 2016, 02:03:29 pm
I think it doesn't pertain to recruiting but I'm not sure the UA can post these things in other states. colleges are state institutions.
But the billboard owners we'd be working with aren't state institutions. No different than hiring a PR firm from outside of the state.

HumbleHogkid

Maybe the billboards cost too much but when we send recruits mail it would be a good idea to put a pamphlet in there that shows and describes the facilities and scenic attractions that lie ahead in Fayetteville.

RME

Quote from: HumbleHogkid on February 02, 2016, 09:43:57 am
Maybe the billboards cost too much but when we send recruits mail it would be a good idea to put a pamphlet in there that shows and describes the facilities and scenic attractions that lie ahead in Fayetteville.

Who said they don't do that already?

Also, the internet.

Artex501

Quote from: younghog on February 01, 2016, 04:03:47 pm
t

No you're ur wrong I cross 183 35 and Walton walker.. Show pic or it doesn't exist
No actually he is right... At least about the dallas area, and I am almost sure about the one near SMU. The first year in the SEC gagies had one right off of 635 saying this is SEC country, think it was the marsh exit, they also had one off the north tollway a year or two ago, T. Tech also recently had one that I saw. La Tech had one right as you come into dallas off 35 and 30 split saying dallas is La Tech country, had a picture on my old phone. Heck I pass a UAPB billboard everyday in the Lancaster/oak cliff area.

Here is some proof but no pic for the one near SMU https://mobile.twitter.com/theginamiller/status/236925148601675776

sasnakrafan

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 01, 2016, 11:57:22 pm
But the billboard owners we'd be working with aren't state institutions. No different than hiring a PR firm from outside of the state.

I'm just saying from a cost standpoint, LSU probably pays a minimal amount to nothing as LAMAR can write it off because LSU is a non-profit.

DonRey?

younghog

Quote from: Artex501 on February 02, 2016, 10:23:42 am
No actually he is right... At least about the dallas area, and I am almost sure about the one near SMU. The first year in the SEC gagies had one right off of 635 saying this is SEC country, think it was the marsh exit, they also had one off the north tollway a year or two ago, T. Tech also recently had one that I saw. La Tech had one right as you come into dallas off 35 and 30 split saying dallas is La Tech country, had a picture on my old phone. Heck I pass a UAPB billboard everyday in the Lancaster/oak cliff area.

Here is some proof but no pic for the one near SMU https://mobile.twitter.com/theginamiller/status/236925148601675776

Still right.. That tweet is from 2012

In Turks and Caicos now but I can tell u again. At no time this season we're their any billboards on my route either way
GO HOGS

DLUXHOG

Quote from: TrueBlue on January 31, 2016, 02:15:15 pm
Seen A&M billboards all over Dallas and Ft. Worth.

Alabama too... but they are advertising for the "school" not the athletic facilities....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Vantage 8 dude

As I posted on another thread I think we've already done this very thing in another way. It's called the upcoming "Being Bret Bielema". While some might not think of this in the usual advertising sense, I think they would be totally short sighted.

To summarize what I said elsewhere: Many of us, including your truly, have been guilty at one time or another of complaining that Arkansas always seems to behind other programs such as "Bama, LSU, Florida and others in projecting our "brand". However, with this unique and forward thinking mode of using the internet, and more specially You Tube, we've effectively taken the lead in advertising who and what our program is. When you look at some of the snippets of the production it seems very evident to me that the series will not only be very well produced, but will done in a way that will project all the great things CBB and staff have to tell both recruits, their family members, as well various high school coaches around the country. With the almost universal popularity of You Tube we have the capacity to essentially obtain positive exposure equal to, if not greater, than front page coverage of all the country's major newspapers, television/radio outlets AND all the billboards you'd ever want. In other words, we use the wonders of technology to literally share out story with the entire world! Plus we gain one other major advantage: We leave most of the "big boys" scrambling to figure out how they're going to beat "poor little ole Arkansas" when it comes to marketing the name. Even if others copy us, which they very likely will, it's never going to change that the Hogs beat those guys to the punch.

Yep, someone once wisely observed that the view from the pack never changes. You're always going to be looking at someone else's backside. Folks we have a real "bird's nest sitting on the ground". We have a fast closing window to get ahead of the pack for a change. We have a wonderful opportunity to lead from the absolute front and challenge our SEC brethren, and everyone else for that matter, to "come get some of this 'cause you can't catch us". I can't think of anything sweeter to say to our rivals.

IronHog

Quote from: HumbleHogkid on February 02, 2016, 09:43:57 am

Yes.

Marketing an SEC football team like a Bella vista retirement community will be very effective.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Paul

Quote from: TM Hog on January 31, 2016, 02:12:40 pm
ive also seen Kansas State advertising down here. Just curious why we don't hit Texas hard as other schools do. Just to change perceptions at least. It couldn't hurt when it comes to recruiting. 

The only reason I posted this was because there were several recruits who mentioned that they were blown away by what they saw. I say let's get the word out so others may be more inclined to at least visit. I'm am so tired of seeing the "I am a Red Raider" signs on major highways down here.
How's that worked out?