Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Porter visit update

Started by Richard Davenport, January 31, 2016, 12:00:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MissippHog

Thank you RD!

QuoteHe'll announce from Arkansas TCU or Texas signing day.

Horse racer

Man I hope we land this young man

presidenthog

we always suprise people with our facilities. they think we are poor Lil arkiesaw, then they get here and realize we have more than thier texas counterparts. hopefully he picks us.

ricepig

Well, that's different from announcing before signing day. I'm sure the coach's will know before then, just not us peons.

Nosboar Accubond

Great news. Thought he was announcing before NSD?

ricepig

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on January 31, 2016, 12:03:36 pm
Great news. Thought he was announcing before NSD?

Yeah, I made the same comment in the duplicate thread. I suspect the coach's know.

Hawgzinbowlz

jjdlc

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2016, 12:02:07 pm
Well, that's different from announcing before signing day. I'm sure the coach's will know before then, just not us peons.

Yep, pretty sure the coaches will know one way or another before NSD if they don't already.  Going to be an interesting NSD.

presidenthog

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2016, 12:03:07 pm
Yeah, I made the same comment in the duplicate thread. I suspect the coach's know.
I figure almost all of these kids tell thier coaches before signing day in most cases. if I was in the process I would be very up front with everyone.

immahog

I hope he committed but is waiting till NSD and Brey cook slipped an almost let the cat out the bag with that tweet
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

presidenthog

Quote from: immahog on January 31, 2016, 12:08:27 pm
I hope he committed but is waiting till NSD and Brey cook slipped an almost let the cat out the bag with that tweet
I like this thought process. that was an odd turn of events wasn't it? I guess he could have been trolling.

hawginbigd1

The old wow I didn't realize Arkansas was more than pickup trucks and hillbillies in overalls  ;D

Did not know we had the advantage of having a pseudo family member in the area, nice!

HamShank

Hope the coaches know. Otherwise the earlier word that he wouldn't wait until signing day and now that he is may not be good news. Here's hoping Bielema's mic drop was a silent one from Porter.

staffhog

What a day that would or will be, if KP signs up with our Hogs.  I.m already wondering what kind of title could we come up with for  a Whaley/Porter combo

immahog

On 2nd thought looks like brey cooks tweet could have been about the Oks DE Marshall in the update he said he almost committed
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

31to6

Quote from: presidenthog on January 31, 2016, 12:01:39 pm
we always suprise people with our facilities. they think we are poor Lil arkiesaw, then they get here and realize we have more than thier texas counterparts. hopefully he picks us.
Schools with "ok" facilities always tell recruits "Everyone has nice facilities."

And then they come see ours and realize that there are "nice" and then there are "elite"--and only a few programs have a commitment to elite facilities.

TrueBlue

Godmother in Bentonville, eh?

Hmmm. New twist.

jjdlc

Quote from: 31to6 on January 31, 2016, 12:18:22 pm
Schools with "ok" facilities always tell recruits "Everyone has nice facilities."

And then they come see ours and realize that there are "nice" and then there are "elite"--and only a few programs have a commitment to elite facilities.

Not just the facilities either.  We have made a commitment to making sure these kids succeed as students as well as athletes.  That resonates well with many of the athletes we are recruiting, as well as the parents.

Bacon_Bitz

Sure doesn't tip his hand one way or the other

31to6

Quote from: jjdlc on January 31, 2016, 12:21:22 pm
Not just the facilities either.  We have made a commitment to making sure these kids succeed as students as well as athletes.  That resonates well with many of the athletes we are recruiting, as well as the parents.
Of course

WaltonCollege

I'm glad he came with his mom, makes him choosing us a real possibility.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: HamShank on January 31, 2016, 12:09:48 pm
Hope the coaches know. Otherwise the earlier word that he wouldn't wait until signing day and now that he is may not be good news. Here's hoping Bielema's mic drop was a silent one from Porter.
I believe the mic drop was for Putu, based on the accompanying tweet about him, looking like the juco site scooped CBB, on the commitment.

Kevin

Rw3, Whaley, if the hogs get porter, we are starting to become a pain in the rear to the Texas schools in recruiting
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TNhawgfan

Quote from: presidenthog on January 31, 2016, 12:05:56 pm
I figure almost all of these kids tell thier coaches before signing day in most cases. if I was in the process I would be very up front with everyone.
Porter seems to have character, so i bet the coaches will know before time. Now when you deal with kids like DGB, you never know
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Mom appeared to like the joint. That's half the battle.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Kevin on January 31, 2016, 12:30:23 pm
Rw3, Whaley, if the hogs get porter, we are starting to become a pain in the rear to the Texas schools in recruiting

maybe... there are 20 a year in Texas that can play

texas tush hog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 31, 2016, 04:48:05 pm

maybe... there are 20 a year in Texas that can play

With those three it may be hard to get another one next year. Look at our QB situation LOL.