Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunday bits

Started by Richard Davenport, January 31, 2016, 07:36:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

colbs

a0ashle

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on January 31, 2016, 09:12:20 am
With NSD this close the coaches aren't in a position to wait much longer...

I think you are more desperate for an answer than our coaches, they'll let the kid do his thing.

opineonswine

duckman

Quote from: a0ashle on January 31, 2016, 09:19:50 am
I think you are more desperate for an answer than our coaches, they'll let the kid do his thing.

Even Money that the coaches already know where KP is going...

Redhogs

Quote from: duckman on January 31, 2016, 09:25:40 am
Even Money that the coaches already know where KP is going...
Yea...if he even knows...you think he stays with us?
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: RazorWhacker on January 31, 2016, 09:31:25 am
Suck it, UGA.
Already hate this Kirby Smart guy..apparently he thinks he can steal our coaches and commits with no problem...no respect for us is very obvious...bet he's not trying to steal from Saban or other top programs right now.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Redhogs on January 31, 2016, 09:36:52 am
Already hate this Kirby Smart guy..apparently he thinks he can steal our coaches and commits with no problem...no respect for us is very obvious...bet he's not trying to steal from Saban or other top programs right now.
Saban will fire his arse!  Wait, nevermind...

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha...this is what cracks me up about recruiting. Jonathan Marshall was the other recruit and this is what I found on his 24/7 page...Hard Commit to OkSt...and crystal ball predictions that he's Arkansas bound...

Looks like he would be a solid pick up btw!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Pork Ranger

It's because Otis is the only prediction

Tim Harris

Quote from: Redhogs on January 31, 2016, 09:36:52 am

I promise he is trying to get the best players he can regardless of where they are or who they are committed to.  This is the same thing our coaches and every other staff is doing this time of year.

hei5manhog

Quote from: Hoot72 on January 31, 2016, 08:30:09 am
I don't like it, but we would do the same thing.  Something happens, and we decide to offer Crockett -- how would you feel about that?  I believe that we have done it several times in the past.

I know this is just an example but I think Crockett might tell us to kick rocks at this point. Kind of wish we would have offered. Just a gut feeling.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

opineonswine

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 31, 2016, 09:40:08 am
I promise he is trying to get the best players he can regardless of where they are or who they are committed to.  This is the same thing our coaches and every other staff is doing this time of year.

Except...I bet he doesn't have the guts to go after Bama commits.

rtr

Why would anyone think different? ???
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Tim Harris

Quote from: opineonswine on January 31, 2016, 09:39:54 am
Except...I bet he doesn't have the guts to go after Bama commits.

He has and will continue to I'm sure.  Tyler Simmons commited to Bama on Jan 2 while Smart was still there being the DC.  He then visited UGA on the 15th which was Smarts first weekend to host recruits at his new job.

This type of stuff happens everywhere this time of year.  Personally I like seeing us battle SEC schools for recruits.

Redhogs

I seriously doubt our staff has offered anybody when they were on an official to another school or tried to steal a first year OC  from another SEC school because they are too lazy to go find their own...I don't agree every staff does it. It shows us total disrespect whether you want to admit it or not.

duckman

Quote from: Redhogs on January 31, 2016, 09:30:10 am
Yea...if he even knows...you think he stays with us?

I we referring to Porter....  Wherever Pollard goes he goes...

Redhogs

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 31, 2016, 09:47:48 am
He has and will continue to I'm sure.  Tyler Simmons commited to Bama on Jan 2 while Smart was still there being the DC.  He then visited UGA on the 15th which was Smarts first weekend to host recruits at his new job.

This type of stuff happens everywhere this time of year.  Personally I like seeing us battle SEC schools for recruits.
Apples and oranges don't you think?

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 31, 2016, 09:47:48 am

If every kid we battle for has multiple SEC recruits, we'll make those concerned about rankings happy, and those of us concerned about results, happy.

Redhogs

Quote from: duckman on January 31, 2016, 09:52:30 am
I we referring to Porter....  Wherever Pollard goes he goes...
Gotcha..

HOGS82

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 31, 2016, 09:51:14 am
Latetest update http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jan/31/sunday-visit-updates/

Thanks Richard. Any idea of what time Pollard is supposed to choose between Arkansas & USC-e today?
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Redhogs on January 31, 2016, 09:52:42 am
I seriously doubt our staff has offered anybody when they were on an official to another school or tried to steal a first year OC  from another SEC school because they are too lazy to go find their own...I don't agree every staff does it. It shows us total disrespect whether you want to admit it or not.
Not sure why these guys won't agree 100% with that. Probably b/c several of them are closet Bama fans...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

WaltonCollege

RD just posted Georgia HAS NOT offered Pollard or Walker

ImHogginIt

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 31, 2016, 09:59:55 am

Can we still bash Smart ?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Sugar Free Hog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 31, 2016, 10:03:14 am

All day! Throw some hugh freeze in there too.
Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

Pig in the Pokey

Oh, snap! YES THEY DID. That means that they are saving face. They got shut down. The 2 Georgia kids are ALL HOG.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

buldozer

Good news!

Hoggish1

Quote from: ChiTown27 on January 31, 2016, 07:42:19 am
Stupid Georgia... 😠

Georgia and its current staff will find out how ill prepared they are for this high stakes poker called SEC football.

What strikes me is how well we understand what a kid's potential will be and how little investigative work other schools do when they go after recruits.

This is not just about throwing out offers to countless numbers of high school kids with lots of stars next to their name, as sanctioned by "recruiting services..."

20gauge

I think the staff is really going after kids they believe fit here at Arkansas

Redhogs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 31, 2016, 10:07:41 am
Oh, snap! YES THEY DID. That means that they are saving face. They got shut down. The 2 Georgia kids are ALL HOG.
Yep.....

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 31, 2016, 10:09:24 am
Georgia and its current staff will find out how ill prepared they are for this high stakes poker called SEC football.

What strikes me is how well we understand what a kid's potential will be and how little investigative work other schools do when they go after recruits.

This is not just about throwing out offers to countless numbers of high school kids with lots of stars next to their name, as sanctioned by "recruiting services..."

I'm betting Smart had a better understanding of "SEC football" than Bret did in his first 4 weeks on the job. Love him or hate him, Saban's coaches know how to recruit.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Steef on January 31, 2016, 08:14:38 am
Low class to offer while they're visiting another school.

Already... Georgia is different with Richt gone.

Exactly on the money. 

Georgia is common with Richt gone and it will please me when they fully understand what they lost.

WaltonCollege

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 31, 2016, 10:03:14 am

As long as you don't leave out Slimfast Chaney or No-Lies Pittman I'm fine with that.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hoot72 on January 31, 2016, 08:30:09 am
I don't like it, but we would do the same thing.    I believe that we have done it several times in the past.

You have beliefs about something like this?  Beliefs...?

I for one don't believe you understand much.  What do you think about what I believe about you?

Oh, and don't bother to reply because I have no use for your beliefs.

jjdlc

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2016, 10:12:55 am
I'm betting Smart had a better understanding of "SEC football" than Bret did in his first 4 weeks on the job. Love him or hate him, Saban's coaches know how to recruit.

Probably true, however, I think Smart may have thought his reputation as Alabama's DC would have kids falling all over themselves to play for him, and he's learning it isn't that easy.

IronMountainHog

Devil went down to Georgia  (Pittman ),
He was looking for a soul to steal (Bolles).
He was in a bind, he was way behind,
He was willing to make a deal ($$$). ;)

Redhogs

Yes...when they are AT Alabama and can fall back on all the success when recruiting.

The NewEra

I think you're right on this Rice.  And, it's always helpful to have a high degree of respect for the enemy.  Where I think the real question mark is on Smart is can he run a program.  I hope he fails miserably at that!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 31, 2016, 10:28:14 am
Devil went down to Georgia  (Pittman ),
He was looking for a soul to steal (Bolles).
He was in a bind, he was way behind,
He was willing to make a deal ($$$). ;)

Making a deal would part you could put where UGA hired His Juco OL coach as a QC

Redhogs

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 31, 2016, 10:19:35 am
As long as you don't leave out Slimfast Chaney or No-Lies Pittman I'm fine with that.
Just spit out my morning coffee...+1

ricepig

Quote from: Redhogs on January 31, 2016, 10:29:05 am
Yes...when they are AT Alabama and can fall back on all the success when recruiting.

Georgia has never had a problem with recruiting either, even be for Richt. I have no love for Georgia or Smart, I just feel he knows the recruiting game.

Steef

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 31, 2016, 10:22:04 am
You have beliefs about something like this?  Beliefs...?

I for one don't believe you understand much.  What do you think about what I believe about you?

Oh, and don't bother to reply because I have no use for your beliefs.

Feel free to disagree with Hoot as you like.

I occasionally do.

But...he's a very good friend of mine and i happen to know that his values are the very best.

Carry on.

Hoggish1

That's standard thought pattern.  Nothing unusual there.  I have no love for Smart or anything Bama...

Music City Hog

Otis is saying Bama may offer Pollard today.

Love those Hogs

Hopefully it's too little too late! 
Hogs 4 Life!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Steef on January 31, 2016, 10:31:58 am
Feel free to disagree with Hoot as you like.

I occasionally do.

But...he's a very good friend of mine and i happen to know that his values are the very best.

Carry on.

I respect what you said about your good friend, Hoot. 

However, he was saying he believes we do the same.  I'd rather give our coaches the benefit of the doubt.

But, of course, I really don't know for sure.  I am not going to believe anything until I know it to be true.