Previous topic - Next topic

ChiTown27

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Nosboar Accubond

Crap, wonder if they'll flip?

The Hogfather

If Pollard switches to Georgia at this point, to play for a 1st time head coach, with Cheeny as his OC, he definitely has issues.  Surely he and Dee are smart enough to make the right decision.

ChiTown27

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on January 31, 2016, 07:44:52 am

Unless they've been hoping all along for a UGA offer, I would think not (for Pollard) because our offense looks more promising. Plus, we have a former head coach dedicated to just offense. They have a defensive coordinator as a head coach. We also have some history with their OC. He can't develop QBs. QBs suffer, Pollard will suffer. Finally, to offer this late is a disrespect.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

ceegar

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on January 31, 2016, 07:44:52 am

The only school I was worried about.  I am friends with a father of one of the players in Moultrie.  He told me to beware of Georgia if they offer last minute.  Kirby was in town last week.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Seebs

Wednesday evening will be a wonderful thing.

Arkansas offered Charles Clay as an afterthought a few years ago. He told HDN to screw himself and went to Tulsa.

I would like to think the same will occur with Pollard and Walker in their responses to Georgia.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ceegar

Quote from: Seebs on January 31, 2016, 07:52:56 am
Wednesday evening will be a wonderful thing.

Arkansas offered Charles Clay as an afterthought a few years ago. He told HDN to screw himself and went to Tulsa.

I would like to think the same will occur with Pollard and Walker in their responses to Georgia.

Different scenario.  Kirby can play the " I was just hired and the previous staff overlooked you" card
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

RazorWhacker

So UGA offered Walker while he was on his OV here?

trphog

If anything I hope Bret sells the Kirby & Georgia wants to be Arkansas card. Wants our OL coach. Wants our OC. Wants our recruits. Don't give me any little Arky bullcrap either. Kirby has a man crush on Bret.

Seebs

Quote from: ceegar on January 31, 2016, 07:54:20 am
Different scenario.  Kirby can play the " I was just hired and the previous staff overlooked you" card

So lie to the kids after offending them with a late offer?  UGA has struck out on its initial offers and now is scrambling.  As an adult I see this clearly - not sure what I would see as an 18-year-old.

And  I believe that Walker is still on campus - time for some special one-on-one time from the coaches.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ceegar on January 31, 2016, 07:54:20 am

We can play the he was at Bama and should have already known about you card

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ChiTown27 on January 31, 2016, 07:52:09 am
Finally, to offer this late is a disrespect.

I agree with this.  The kid is a baller, and IMO UGa should have recognized that a long time ago, and the fact they didn't SHOULD be held against them.

Same goes for Dee Walker.

Hopefully Dee and Kiel see the truth of that.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Steef

January 31, 2016, 08:14:38 am #13 Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:27:01 am by Steef
Low class to offer while they're visiting another school.

Already... Georgia is different with Richt gone.

SquidBilly

If it takes this long for the home state school to offer, as an athlete I'd wonder how it would be once I got to campus.  Backup plans tend to stay just that.

zane

I don't know when we play Jawja again but whenever it is- I hope we beat the ever loving frank out of em
RIP LSUfan

SquidBilly

Pollard knows he was high on our wish list due to the amount of time we've been on him.  We were there when no one else was.  Walker liked us enough to commit and seeing how he was wanting a Gator offer I don't see him being that big of a Bulldog fan.

trphog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 31, 2016, 08:08:17 am
We can play the he was at Bama and should have already known about you card

Agreed. +1 if I could.

Oliver

Quote from: Steef on January 31, 2016, 08:14:38 am

Already... Georgia is different with Richter gone.

It's recruiting...its survival of the fittest.  Some can do it while staying classy, others cannot afford to.  If Kirby gets both as a result of this, it won't matter how he did it in the end.

Hopefully they can see through this late offer

HOGS82

I thought coaches from other schools weren't allowed to contact recruits while on official visits on another campus... Which means they either called Smart to receive them, or Smart violated NCAA rules in extending them.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

ricepig

Quote from: HOGS82 on January 31, 2016, 08:26:41 am
I thought coaches from other schools weren't allowed to contact recruits while on official visits on another campus... Which means they either called Smart to receive them, or Smart violated NCAA rules in extending them.

Or Smart called their coaches and extended the offers.

Hognspace

Quote from: zane on January 31, 2016, 08:22:25 am
I don't know when we play Jawja again but whenever it is- I hope we beat the ever loving frank out of em

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2016, 08:27:04 am

Most Likey situation

Hoot72

I don't like it, but we would do the same thing.  Something happens, and we decide to offer Crockett -- how would you feel about that?  I believe that we have done it several times in the past.

Steef

Quote from: Oliver on January 31, 2016, 08:25:20 am
It's recruiting...its survival of the fittest.  Some can do it while staying classy, others cannot afford to.  If Kirby gets both as a result of this, it won't matter how he did it in the end.

Hopefully they can see through this late offer

I agree with you that classy behavior is not a guarantee of victory on the field.

Just in life.

ricepig

Quote from: Hoot72 on January 31, 2016, 08:30:09 am
I don't like it, but we would do the same thing.  Something happens, and we decide to offer Crockett -- how would you feel about that?  I believe that we have done it several times in the past.

It's recruiting, just part of the game.

Steef

Offering someone late...is business. Offering them while they're visiting another school...is tacky.

HOGS82

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2016, 08:27:04 am

Didn't think about that. Have to like our odds in that situation... Probst loves CBB & will likely be one to remind them that we saw their worth long before Smart & UGA.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

gchamblee

if walker knew about it before he committed to us, it is a non issue.

Steef

Quote from: gchamblee on January 31, 2016, 08:34:06 am
if walker knew about it before he committed to us, it is a non issue.

Yes.

SquidBilly

Don't think we have ever ignored guys of Pollard or Walkers talents simply to see if we could do better.  Georgia didn't give them the time of day until now, and it's only because Pittman knew about Pollard from his time here.  They whiffed on their first choices and Smart is scrambling.  I wish Coach Propst would have just refused their calls.

a0ashle

Quote from: Steef on January 31, 2016, 08:30:38 am
Offering someone late...is business. Offering them while they're visiting another school...is tacky.

I dunno, it seems like a rookie mistake not to wait until our coaches are out of reach, I'd rather he get it with our coach in his ear. Also shouldn't he get a star bump now? Or is that only bama?

HoggusMaximus

Looks like Cheeny can't do his own recruiting so he just lets Bielema do the work and offers behind him. what a POS.

Ironhawg

100% this!

SquidBilly

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 31, 2016, 08:44:15 am
8:43 update http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jan/31/sunday-visit-updates/

Wow, he definitely looks the part.  Do you know if this was a case of him wanting to look around or have we been on him hard for a while?  247 doesn't even show us offerring.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

CallThemHawgs!

No way around it, this is the truth.

I can already tell I will slowly begin to hate Georgia more and more, Im fairly certain our coaches feel the same way.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 31, 2016, 08:50:22 am
Wow, he definitely looks the part.  Do you know if this was a case of him wanting to look around or have we been on him hard for a while?  247 doesn't even show us offerring.

No clue. But Coach Segrest has only been following him on Twitter for a few weeks. So I assume it's rather new interest

The NewEra

I see a heck of a mean spirited rivalry developing between Georgia and this staff.

TNhawgfan

In the comment section RD said he would know more about porter later but he was confident before the visit. Does that mean he's not confident now or am I reading things that aren't there?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Pork Ranger

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 31, 2016, 09:00:38 am
In the comment section RD said he would know more about porter later but he was confident before the visit. Does that mean he's not confident now or am I reading things that aren't there?

I read it as they thought he'd commit during the visit but he didn't so wait for more news

a0ashle

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 31, 2016, 09:00:38 am

I read that to mean that he already felt good. Generally it would be hard to lose ground after a visit, and that generally doesn't happen at Arkansas.

a0ashle

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on January 31, 2016, 09:07:16 am
I read it as they thought he'd commit during the visit but he didn't so wait for more news

He seems like the type to take it home and weigh on it alone, just the impression I get from how quiet he has been.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on January 31, 2016, 09:02:37 am
https://twitter.com/tbonehog2011/status/693810839892074497

Watched his video on youtube. As good as he looked, it was hard to judge because the whole DL seemed to be in the opposing backfield every play.

EFBAB

Pork Ranger

Quote from: a0ashle on January 31, 2016, 09:09:40 am
He seems like the type to take it home and weigh on it alone, just the impression I get from how quiet he has been.

With NSD this close the coaches aren't in a position to wait much longer...

The NewEra

Quote from: a0ashle on January 31, 2016, 09:09:40 am

I get the same impression.  He appears to be a very deliberate kid with a solid family structure around him. 

tophawg19

We can't gripe about Georgia . We are raiding OKLA ST. the same way
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

bigdaddyhawg

Honestly, I'd feel he should tell us to go fly that proverbial kite.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858