Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Micahh Smith commits

Started by Music City Hog, January 30, 2016, 03:37:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

Music City Hog

I am proud and blessed to say that I am going to commit and further my education at the University of Arkansas!#WPS🐗 pic.twitter.com/zfCSTF8rKU

— Micahh Smith (@micahhsmith_21) January 30, 2016

The_Hog_Father

[tweet]693548429121708033[/tweet]

opineonswine

The Hawg Marshal

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hogginout

Hogs 4 Life

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rustr

Welcome aboard! Glad to have him

The_Iceman

http://247sports.com/Player/Micahh-Smith-82965

2-star safety. A good developmental guy. He hits hard from what I could see in his video.

Woopig69

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 30, 2016, 03:59:48 pm
http://247sports.com/Player/Micahh-Smith-82965

2-star safety. A good developmental guy. He hits hard from what I could see in his video.
Doesn't look like a 2-star to me.

scruf

Under-evaluated kid that will be a good fit in the secondary. Sure tackler and very athletic.

Arky

Regardless of rating..........we need help back there

PorkRinds

I'm gonna be honest. Saw the rating and offer list and wasn't impressed. Watched his huddle video, and completely changed my mind. Kid can lay a mean hit and tackles really well. He looks legit to me.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 30, 2016, 04:13:05 pm
I'm gonna be honest. Saw the rating and offer list and wasn't impressed. Watched his huddle video, and completely changed my mind. Kid can lay a mean hit and tackles really well. He looks legit to me.

Tons of potential.  His offer sheet is pretty solid, I thought.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: scruf on January 30, 2016, 04:07:24 pm
Under-evaluated kid that will be a good fit in the secondary. Sure tackler and very athletic.

Does that mean he's fast?

I would love to see some good, fast safeties coming into and through our system over the next few years.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

The Hawg Marshal

scruf

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 30, 2016, 04:20:28 pm
Does that mean he's fast?

I would love to see some good, fast safeties coming into and through our system over the next few years.

Fast enough at 4.54

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

The Hawg Marshal

Thanks to the mods for keeping this thread clean.

Beaverfever

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 30, 2016, 04:52:27 pm
Why wouldn't it be?
Stargazers might not be as kind as they should be.  The kid is a talent that was under-evaluated.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome to " The Hill " Mr. Smith.

" GO HOGS "

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: scruf on January 30, 2016, 04:37:55 pm
Fast enough at 4.54

Yes, sir.  You put football smart, great tackler, with that speed and it'll work all day long!!

Coach him up guys!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

North hog

Quote from: Kevin on January 30, 2016, 04:52:25 pm
Welcome to the family
Agree...A lot of this is like fund managers finding value stocks...I saw a comment somewhere that Coach B looks for certain football players and is not driven by stars...Here is a case where I think it is righteous in spades...
Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on January 30, 2016, 04:53:29 pm
Stargazers might not be as kind as they should be.  The kid is a talent that was under-evaluated.
agree.  Coach B is a like a value fund manager...

Hogberry Snortcake

razorbackkid

Welcome aboard sir.  Commit,  trust, and do. 
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

jjdlc

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on January 30, 2016, 04:53:29 pm

Probably not evaluated at all.  2* as often as not means a kid never even got looked at.

Justagp

Welcome Mr. Smith! One of the chosen and uncommon few!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

jcharkansas

Wps! Nice to see us getting a few guys today

Hawgzinbowlz

He recorded 120 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 3 interceptions, 7 pass breakups, a forced fumble and 2 recovered fumbles this past season. Per RD.

120 tackles, in one season, is a lot for a safety.

" GO HOGS "

BirmingHam

Call them Hogs!! Welcome aboard Micahh!!!

MayflowerHawg13

tophawg19

i'm a little puzzled on this one . Where does he fit ? SS , FS , Or nickle type CB ? Really looks like he would be a killer gunner on special teams as well
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

online-with-swine

WPS!!!    Welcome to the HOG family.

Granny

Nosboar Accubond

Ya'll see his HS school coaches comment on Twitter?

He says congrats then follows with "I'll only says this for you... WOO PIG SOOIE!!"

Pretty funny, bet he is really proud of his player! Woo Pig!

bennyl08

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on January 30, 2016, 06:16:15 pm
He recorded 120 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 3 interceptions, 7 pass breakups, a forced fumble and 2 recovered fumbles this past season. Per RD.

120 tackles, in one season, is a lot for a safety.

" GO HOGS "

Either the front 7 was really bad and had a lot of plays get past them, or he was just that good. By the looks of it, a bit of both with him being really good.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RussVegas Hawg

Watch his film and you see why he had so many tackles. He plays around the LOS a lot. Good tackler and very physical player. Isn't Marshal typically a very good program?

pigture perfect

Welcome Micahh to the family. WPS!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Tusks

One of the best S in the game, college and pro, started out as a QB from St.Louis and made his way through FAY in the process.  And that kid was very #UNCOMMON.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Oklahawg

A lot of 2* kids are not evaluated until they get a D1 offer.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HoggusMaximus

I don't know what kind of competition this kid is going up against, but he looks the very least as a solid 3* from his highlight reel. Hopefully someone will go give him a look and give this kid a little more respect.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 30, 2016, 09:21:42 pm
A lot of 2* kids are not evaluated until they get a D1 offer.
I am sure the negative ones and the star gazers will trash this commit, but IMO they wanted to lock this kid up for a reason. They felt like he was going to become very popular in a few days.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG