Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final 8...

Started by CDBHawg, January 30, 2016, 09:01:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CDBHawg

Any guesses?

Kyle Porter
Kristian Fulton(if he signs with LSU, then Tyell Alexander)
Dee Walker
Tyrie Cleveland
Joseph Putu
Micahh Smith
Paul Ramirez
DE(secret visitor)

Also think we get Tulley-Tillman as a grad transfer.

RaisinHog

I think u can remove alexander

hawginbigd1

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 30, 2016, 09:01:18 am
Any guesses?

Kyle Porter
Kristian Fulton
Dee Walker
Tyrie Cleveland
Joseph Putu
Micahh Smith
Paul Ramirez
DE(secret visitor)

I think that is the best guess I can come up with, I FIFY!

greenie

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 30, 2016, 09:01:18 am
Any guesses?

Kyle Porter
Kristian Fulton(if he signs with LSU, then Tyell Alexander)
Dee Walker
Tyrie Cleveland
Joseph Putu
Micahh Smith
Paul Ramirez
DE(secret visitor)

That would be as strong a finish as we could hope for. 

I think we land these 5 this weekend:

Kyle Porter
Dee Walker
Micahh Smith
Joseph Putu
Paul Ramirez

And that's a nice haul.  I think Walker and Putu will be real contributors, and we all believe Porter will be a stud.  I don't know enough about the other two, but I really like how our coaches evaluate.

The remaining 1-3 will make NSD exciting.  I'd love to have 1 more OT (probably not happening unless you count Tillman) and 1 more CB (hopefully Fulton).  Sounds like we could get another DE, too. 

Cleveland would just be gravy added to a WR group that already looks scary.  Hoping we hold on to Pollard.

Love this time of year!

Rockhawg

Tyrie Cleveland
Kris Fulton
Kyle Porter
Chris Daniels
Paul Ramirez
Joseph Putu
Dee Walker
Olineman or put it in your pocket

greenie

Quote from: Rockhawg on January 30, 2016, 11:29:50 am
Tyrie Cleveland
Kris Fulton
Kyle Porter
Chris Daniels
Paul Ramirez
Joseph Putu
Dee Walker
Olineman or put it in your pocket

I think you're going out on a limb there with Daniels, but who knows.  I hope you're right.

Rockhawg

Aint over til it's over

Großer Kriegschwein

I got a weird feeling that we're not thru with Daniels just yet. Remember they said the in-home visit went MUCH better than expected.
This is my non-signature signature.

hogcam

Chris Daniels is not coming here. That is fact.

presidenthog

Quote from: hogcam on January 30, 2016, 12:28:32 pm
this. poorly calculated move. bret thought, like many here, that he would commit when he was offered and it just didn't happen. too little too late. it is ok.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogcam on January 30, 2016, 12:28:32 pm
Make your case for this being a fact! Not saying your wrong, but make the case why anyone should believe you. Facts have supporting evidence, this is how they can become facts!

hogcam

For 1, Richard said there's no chance. 2, he didn't official visit here. 3, the coaches know he is not coming here

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogcam on January 30, 2016, 12:33:21 pm
For 1, Richard said there's no chance. 2, he didn't official visit here. 3, the coaches know he is not coming here
1. See RDs post in other thread.
2. Precedent exists that this could be irrelevant.
3. Support this statement as fact.

Music City Hog

Adding Putu, Ramirez, porter, smith, and walker today would move us from ranked 22 in 247 composite rankings all the way up to ranked 20.

Amazing we could add five kids and move up just two spots.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 30, 2016, 12:40:54 pm
Adding Putu, Ramirez, porter, smith, and walker today would move us from ranked 22 in 247 composite rankings all the way up to ranked 20.

Amazing we could add five kids and move up just two spots.
If we sign everybody remaining that we want badly, 14 to 17 is the best we can be. Will be a huge class and will be hoping for a 15!

Music City Hog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 30, 2016, 12:43:39 pm
If we sign everybody remaining that we want badly, 14 to 17 is the best we can be. Will be a huge class and will be hoping for a 15!

Otis (I know) said he thinks we get the 5 guys I mentioned and flip the secret DE.  That would be 23 commits.  The Michigan transfer would be 24.

That leaves 1 spot left.  Wouldn't leave room for all the guys we want badly without dumping some others. 

HOGS82

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 30, 2016, 12:46:33 pm
Otis (I know) said he thinks we get the 5 guys I mentioned and flip the secret DE.  That would be 23 commits.  The Michigan transfer would be 24.

That leaves 1 spot left.  Wouldn't leave room for all the guys we want badly without dumping some others.

Tillman doesn't count against the 25, only the 85.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

Music City Hog

Quote from: HOGS82 on January 30, 2016, 12:46:49 pm
Tillman doesn't count against the 25, only the 85.

I know but would likely make this class one shorter to accommodate for that schollie

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hogcam on January 30, 2016, 12:33:21 pm

Link?

I just went back and looked. No RD post to that effect.

Richard_white

The Michigan transfer doesn't count towards the 25 but towards the 85s scholarships.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Richard_white on January 30, 2016, 12:48:37 pm
The Michigan transfer doesn't count towards the 25 but towards the 85s scholarships.

See my post above

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 30, 2016, 12:48:37 pm
I know but would likely make this class one shorter to accommodate for that schollie
I suspect we have a handful of people leave this summer when he gets here, so won't be an issue.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 30, 2016, 12:50:41 pm
See my post above

Or, theoretically, someone else leaves opening a spot in the 85. I think we only sign 24, though.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 30, 2016, 12:48:03 pm
Link?

I just went back and looked. No RD post to that effect.
He did say it, on a wholehogsports comment response or a tweet response, but even he says you never know what might happen.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 30, 2016, 12:52:38 pm
He did say it, on a wholehogsports comment response or a tweet response, but even he says you never know what might happen.

I think it was something to the effect of "I don't think he even knows what he wants to do."

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on January 30, 2016, 12:52:29 pm
Or, theoretically, someone else leaves opening a spot in the 85. I think we only sign 24, though.
I was thinking 24 until the Smith offer, now I think we take 25.

hogcam

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 30, 2016, 12:37:32 pm
1. See RDs post in other thread.
2. Precedent exists that this could be irrelevant.
3. Support this statement as fact.
You don't have to believe me. But with everything out there, you have to be the biggest homer or sunshine pumper to believe that we have a chance.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hogcam on January 30, 2016, 01:04:30 pm
You don't have to believe me. But with everything out there, you have to be the biggest homer or sunshine pumper to believe that we have a chance.

I think you have homer and sunshine pumper mistaken with optimist.

scruf

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 30, 2016, 01:07:34 pm
I think you have homer and sunshine pumper mistaken with optimist.
Yeah, you can spot a really negative person when they use words with negative connotations to describe someone who is positive.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: scruf on January 30, 2016, 01:19:20 pm
Yeah, you can spot a really negative person when they use words with negative connotations to describe someone who is positive.

Everyone likes being around someone that is negative, right?

I mean, they are so much fun to be around. They get all the women, and keep them, and have all the friends, and money.........

presidenthog

look I'm usually not negative but I agree with him. people need to let this one go. they are acting like spurned lovers who can't believe they got left.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: presidenthog on January 30, 2016, 01:25:23 pm
look I'm usually not negative but I agree with him. people need to let this one go. they are acting like spurned lovers who can't believe they got left.

I agree its not likely, but not impossible. I suppose if it did happen I would be "pleasantly surprised", but not completely shocked. Make sense?

I'm holding out, nor do I think anyone else is, but there is something odd about the whole thing.

Wildhog

I don't like making predictions, because you just never know what these kids are going to do, but...

1. Putu
2. Smith
3. Porter
4. Ramirez
5. Walker
6. Transfer Logan Tuley-Tillman
7. They seem pretty intent on bringing in another DE

Anything beyond that is gravy. I think we might get one of Bundage/Jones/Fulton/Cleveland/Alexander. Getting two would be incredible.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

presidenthog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 30, 2016, 01:26:48 pm
I agree its not likely, but not impossible. I suppose if it did happen I would be "pleasantly surprised", but not completely shocked. Make sense?

I'm holding out, nor do I think anyone else is, but there is something odd about the whole thing.
I'm not even holding out any hope. I don't even think about him except for when I see all of these people who can't believe a hog lover isn't a hog. it's time to just move on.

hogcam

Quote from: scruf on January 30, 2016, 01:19:20 pm
Go look through my posts and you will literally never see me being negative. But when I know for a fact that we aren't getting a recruit I will let people know. They don't have to believe me. But how people still believe we have a decent chance at Daniels is just laughable and they are going to be let down

Scott7703

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 30, 2016, 12:48:37 pm

We take both Fulton and Cleveland if they come after getting all the guys this weekend

Music City Hog

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 30, 2016, 01:59:57 pm
We take both Fulton and Cleveland if they come after getting all the guys this weekend

Well I know that, but it would require bumping someone else if we did get all the guys Otis predicts from this weekend

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 30, 2016, 02:07:36 pm
Well I know that, but it would require bumping someone else if we did get all the guys Otis predicts from this weekend

Pollard?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Music City Hog

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 30, 2016, 02:10:38 pm
Perhaps, but I hope not. 

It's just gone so quiet on him, and when that happens, it's usually not good.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 30, 2016, 02:13:15 pm
It's just gone so quiet on him, and when that happens, it's usually not good.

Agreed, but he's gone quiet to Carolina as well it seems which gives me hope.

Dominicanhog

IMO.. if we can, we sign 3 more OL's... Porter, Fulton, Cleveland, Putu, and a late flip...

I'll update with next thread...

Music City Hog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 30, 2016, 02:33:16 pm
IMO.. if we can, we sign 3 more OL's... Porter, Fulton, Cleveland, Putu, and a late flip...

Am I missing an OL other than Ramirez that's still on the board?   We have a potential transfer, but as far as next Wednesday who have I missed?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 30, 2016, 02:33:16 pm

Would love 3 more OL, but who after Ramirez and Tillman?

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 30, 2016, 02:35:45 pm

Nobody

Großer Kriegschwein

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on January 30, 2016, 02:33:59 pm

Nobody

Nobody I can think of either, but getting those 2 would be very nice.  I'm guessing OL recruiting will need to be THE focus next class. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 30, 2016, 02:35:45 pm

hopefully those 2 and we hear a a couple more names like Swensen,  NSD won't be the final day for an OL that's looking around, also could be that late flip...

WooPig90

Tillman doesnt need to be counted in the 25..

Wildhog

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 30, 2016, 03:53:57 pm
Tillman doesnt need to be counted in the 25..

This is true.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977