Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official visit updates

Started by Richard Davenport, January 29, 2016, 12:56:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

5:26 update
Running back Kyle Porter likely won't wait until signing day to make a decision.
Expecting Joesph Putu to pull the trigger sometime this weekend.

5:47 update
A Texas contact believes safety Brandon Jones will decide from Texas or Baylor and thinks it will be Texas on signing day.
As noted below, North Carolina looks to be the team to beat for defensive end Allen Cater.

I believe Arkansas is in good shape with receiver Tyrie Cleveland and cornerback Kristian Fulton if he can overcome the in-state pressure to go to LSU.
Go Hogs Go!

hawginbigd1

Looks like somebody has had their eraser out!

I wonder if Munson was the good news RD was speculating about?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 29, 2016, 07:19:33 pm
5:26 update
Running back Kyle Porter likely won't wait until signing day to make a decision.

I believe Arkansas is in good shape with receiver Tyrie Cleveland and cornerback Kristian Fulton if he can overcome the in-state pressure to go to LSU.

It would be awesome for Porter to commit while he is here.

Seems like RD is pretty confident about Cleveland and Fulton. He said earlier today that he thought Fulton would overcome the pressure to stay in-state and that if it were his decision(Fulton), he felt confident he would choose the Hogs.
Go Hogs Go!

jry04

Quote from: hogfan71 on January 29, 2016, 06:21:10 pm
That is funny, today on Bo's show Dudley said Jones and Cater were looking like Arkansas was their favorite and in great shape with them, but didn't feel as good about Fulton. That's why I like RD he seems to get better facts.
Probably got Jones and Fulton mixed up on air. He knows our chances are better with Fulton.

Bubba's Bruisers

A

Porter
Cleveland
Fulton

Finish would be a grand slam.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

King Kong

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 29, 2016, 08:14:23 pm
A

Porter
Cleveland
Fulton

2 of those would be amazing. All 3? I'd almost call it unbelievable

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: King Kong on January 29, 2016, 08:15:32 pm
2 of those would be amazing. All 3? I'd almost call it unbelievable

Yeah, just 2 to go with Ramirez, Tillman, Walker and Putu would be killer.  I think 2 is almost probable at this point.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Cobi Hamilton Fan

A

Porter
Cleveland
Fulton

It's a real possibility. The strong finish we've really needed.

Country Stylz

What about Dee Walker? I miss something?

Green_Lanternn

A

Porter
Cleveland
Fulton

It would be historic.

Wildhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 29, 2016, 08:19:58 pm
Yeah, just 2 to go with Ramirez, Tillman, Walker and Putu would be killer.  I think 2 is almost probable at this point.

No doubt.  Still have to address the OL situation next year, but that's a hell of a finish.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Wildhog on January 29, 2016, 08:25:07 pm
No doubt.  Still have to address the OL situation next year, but that's a hell of a finish.

I don't think that'll be a problem for CKA

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on January 29, 2016, 08:30:15 pm
I don't think that'll be a problem for CKA
If we don't get some depth at OT it will be. Hopefully we get PM and the Grad transfer from Michigan. That would go a LONG way

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on January 29, 2016, 08:25:07 pm

It's like looking in a mirror.

redeye

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on January 29, 2016, 04:33:37 pm
That's crazy about Carmouche. His family must whole heartedly believe that's where he belongs. Good luck to him

No kidding!

I wish him well and all, but with all the struggles running backs have today, why would you do that?  But yes, good luck to him.

ChicoHog

So if we have 8 left to make 25 (providing all current verbals stay committed) plus Micah Smith-guessing he will commit based on RD's article, Paul Ramirez, and Putu I feel pretty confident.  that leaves 5 spots for Porter, Fulton, Cleveland, maybe Walker and one more.  Am I missing someone? 

redeye

Quote from: presidenthog on January 29, 2016, 04:34:45 pm
along with the Carmouche update you should also give the update of the surprising news of cuffee committing to texas last night as he was told to not even come to A&M. also mcculloch a lb, had his offered pulled by A&M for doing the exact same thing cuffee did here while he was on an OV to A&M.

seems to me the Texas staff had a hand in that behavior instead of 2 rogue recruits doing the same thing.

Good work detective!

presidenthog

Quote from: redeye on January 29, 2016, 08:53:51 pm
Good work detective!
I was shocked! shocked I tell you!!!

seriously people need to stop defending Charlie and gus here. they are the enemy and have no allegiance to arkansas.

redeye

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 29, 2016, 04:54:46 pm
Speaking of visitors there was a pic tweeted from the folks at the catfish hole today of DMAC. Maybe in town to help recruit a certain RB?

;D

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 29, 2016, 05:09:11 pm
I'm down to Arkansas and Florida, but Florida hasn't offered me a scholly? Tough choice wth?

That's not surprising for a Georgia player, but it is a little embarrassing.  Although it wouldn't be smart, I wouldn't mind if we pulled our offer so he can devote his full attention on earning one from Florida.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 29, 2016, 08:52:34 pm
So if we have 8 left to make 25 (providing all current verbals stay committed) plus Micah Smith-guessing he will commit based on RD's article, Paul Ramirez, and Putu I feel pretty confident.  that leaves 5 spots for Porter, Fulton, Cleveland, maybe Walker and one more.  Am I missing someone? 

Maybe a surprise DE.  Or Maybe we don't fill the class.

Paul

Quote from: hogfan71 on January 29, 2016, 06:21:10 pm
That is funny, today on Bo's show Dudley said Jones and Cater were looking like Arkansas was their favorite and in great shape with them, but didn't feel as good about Fulton. That's why I like RD he seems to get better facts.
yeah, & it's not even close

presidenthog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 29, 2016, 09:02:05 pm
Maybe a surprise DE.  Or Maybe we don't fill the class.
We had a shot with cater, but it should have been obvious long ago that he was a long shot as we kept sending out DE shollies.

whosiskid

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 29, 2016, 07:24:33 pm
Looks like somebody has had their eraser out!

I wonder if Munson was the good news RD was speculating about?

I don't think so. The news about Munson had already been released when this was posted. Though I could certainly be wrong.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

redeye

Quotes from Richard in his comment section that are worthy enough to add here:

On secrets visitors:

QuoteRichard Davenport Mod  MotorCityChris • 4 hours ago
If word leaks of the kid visiting then it will be reported. There have been kids that have shown up and no one ever found out they were here.

On recruiting becoming too stressful:

QuoteRichard Davenport Mod  ZACK44 • 5 hours ago
Have a drink.

On Allen Cater:

QuoteRichard Davenport Mod  MountainHawg • 4 hours ago
Cater is going to North Carolina.

redeye

Quote from: whosiskid on January 29, 2016, 09:08:45 pm
I don't think so. The news about Munson had already been released when this was posted. Though I could certainly be wrong.

Who is Munson and what's the news?

I just got in and so I'm catching up.

edit: Never mind.  I saw that earlier, but forgot his name.

DiamondHogFan

I say we just go 6 for 6 this weekend.  Lock up Fulton and Cleveland then start dreaming of the good years to come!

whosiskid

Things are starting to clear up a bit.

No Cater.

Micahh Smith got an offer and he seems likely to commit. Ditto Joseph Putu.

Kyle Porter might commit shortly.

So if Porter, Micahh, and Putu commit as expected, that leaves 4, perhaps 5 slots (I think Bielema will try to leave a slot open in case some outstanding prospect becomes available later - but most offers right now are likely committable).

That leaves only five slots. Some think  Chris Daniels is a possibility, but I think by visiting A&M he crossed us off his list. Brandon Jones is no longer considering us and it looks like Bundage no longer is as well.

On the upside, both Kristian Fulton and Tyrie Cleveland seem to be much greater possibilities than I ever thought they would be. I could see a Final Seven of:

Kyle Porter
Kristian Fulton
Dee Walker
Tyrie Cleveland
Joseph Putu
Micahh Smith
Paul Ramirez

If we got those guys, based on the current rankings on 247, we'd end up with around the #8 or #9 class. That ranking also assumes we keep Harris and Pollard. If - and I emphasize IF - we got those guys and if we keep Harris (which seems likely) and Pollard (which right now seems likely) we'd have a heck of a great class, especially on defense, though we'd be getting a huge boost at RB and WR. Two outstanding running backs (Whaley and Porter, four great WRs (Pollard, Cleveland, Boateng, Jones), a fine fullback (Johnson), and a kid who could excel at either RB or WR (Hammonds). And then Sosa Agim is one of those players who has the potential to be one of the all time greats.

A week ago it was almost impossible to see where the class might be going, but now the pieces are starting to fall into place.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

redeye

Quote from: whosiskid on January 29, 2016, 09:32:27 pm

No Cater.

So if Porter, Micahh, and Putu commit as expected, that leaves 4, perhaps 5 slots (I think Bielema will try to leave a slot open in case some outstanding prospect becomes available later - but most offers right now are likely committable).

That leaves only five slots. Some think  Chris Daniels is a possibility, but I think by visiting A&M he crossed us off his list. Brandon Jones is no longer considering us and it looks like Bundage no longer is as well.

On the upside, both Kristian Fulton and Tyrie Cleveland seem to be much greater possibilities than I ever thought they would be. I could see a Final Seven of:

Kyle Porter
Kristian Fulton
Dee Walker
Tyrie Cleveland
Joseph Putu
Micahh Smith
Paul Ramirez

If we got those guys, based on the current rankings on 247, we'd end up with around the #8 or #9 class. That ranking also assumes we keep Harris and Pollard. If - and I emphasize IF - we got those guys and if we keep Harris (which seems likely) and Pollard (which right now seems likely) we'd have a heck of a great class, especially on defense, though we'd be getting a huge boost at RB and WR. Two outstanding running backs (Whaley and Porter, four great WRs (Pollard, Cleveland, Boateng, Jones), a fine fullback (Johnson), and a kid who could excel at either RB or WR (Hammonds). And then Sosa Agim is one of those players who has the potential to be one of the all time greats.

A week ago it was almost impossible to see where the class might be going, but now the pieces are starting to fall into place.

Thanks Who.

I saw where Richard said Porter might commit before NSD, but do you have more info to make you think he might commit soon?  PM it to me, if you must.

On Fulton and Cleveland seeming more likely then you thought, this is why you never say never.  Every time we have a player commit, I'm reminded of all the people who said "He gone" or some other such nonsense about him.

ThisTeetsTaken

No Cater.

Kyle Porter
Kristian Fulton
Dee Walker
Tyrie Cleveland
Joseph Putu
Micahh Smith
Paul Ramirez

Is Pollard sticking to his commitment to us.  I thought he was announcing a new decision this weekend.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

grayhawg

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 29, 2016, 09:46:59 pm
Is Pollard sticking to his commitment to us.  I thought he was announcing a new decision this weekend.
FWIW  247 shows Pollard committed to us and crystal ball has him 100% USCe

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: grayhawg on January 29, 2016, 09:48:20 pm
FWIW  247 shows Pollard committed to us and crystal ball has him 100% USCe
Sounds about right.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

redeye

After the initial success Muchamp has had at South Carolina, it seems he's now headed in the opposite direction.  Just saw where they've lost their 3rd commit this week.  I know one was a decent-looking CB from Baton Rouge, but the latest is DE Cecil Stallings from Tucker, GA.  247 doesn't show an offer from Arkansas, but I still wonder if he's our secret visitor?

http://247sports.com/Player/Cecil-Stallings-27098

P.S. Let me be clear that I'm just taking a wild guess here, so don't pretend that it's a prediction.

presidenthog

Quote from: redeye on January 29, 2016, 10:46:18 pm
After the initial success Muchamp has had at South Carolina, it seems he's now headed in the opposite direction.  Just saw where they've lost their 3rd commit this week.  I know one was a decent-looking CB from Baton Rouge, but the latest is DE Cecil Stallings from Tucker, GA.  247 doesn't show an offer from Arkansas, but I still wonder if he's our secret visitor?

P.S. Let me be clear that I'm just taking a wild guess here, so don't pretend that it's a prediction.
would love to steal one from him just because he tried to steal all of our recruits.

Wildhog

Quote from: redeye on January 29, 2016, 10:46:18 pm

Well, it looks like he started following Rory Segrest and Danny West on Twitter recently...
1909/1964/1965/1977

presidenthog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 29, 2016, 10:47:02 pm
Well, it looks like he started following Rory Segrest and Danny West on Twitter recently...
redeye the detective lol!

Wildhog

I do find it a little interesting because he really doesn't follow that many people on twitter.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hog Waller

Here's to Pollard noticing that is 3 in 1 week saying "thanks, but no thanks" to USCe.

PorkRinds

If you guys sleuthed this out I'll be impressed.

Wildhog

Something to consider, however... He openly took a visit to Miss St a couple of weeks ago while committed to USCe.  Why would he secretly visit now that he isn't committed anywhere?

Unless our coaches want to keep it under wraps. 

Who knows...
1909/1964/1965/1977

RaisinHog

In before clean up lol but also that would make since cause someone posted on here they thought he would be coming from.the Atlanta area can't remember who it was

presidenthog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 29, 2016, 11:02:52 pm
Something to consider, however... He openly took a visit to Miss St a couple of weeks ago while committed to USCe.  Why would he secretly visit now that he isn't committed anywhere?

was my thought as well. we will just have to wait and see. I'm not that interested in the secret visitor this week. highly doubt we get him but you never know.

King Kong

Quote from: Wildhog on January 29, 2016, 11:02:52 pm

Who knows...

Yeah, and it's been reported he won't be signing with USCe

RaisinHog

And last week Richard said it was a highly regarded double secret recruit that makes it much more fun to guess

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm surprised guys don't go down to XNA and just hang out in the lobby area on Friday's like this.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Music City Hog

A

Porter
Cleveland
Fulton

That finish would be stunning and fantastic. I'd be happy with 2. 3 would just be amazing

PEtrader

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 29, 2016, 11:15:30 pm
I'm surprised guys don't go down to XNA and just hang out in the lobby area on Friday's like this.

I was just there :)
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: PEtrader on January 29, 2016, 11:19:16 pm
I was just there :)

I've heard the fact we now have an Auntie Annie's has swayed more than one recruit.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Music City Hog

No Cater.

Kyle Porter
Kristian Fulton
Dee Walker
Tyrie Cleveland
Joseph Putu
Micahh Smith
Paul Ramirez

That finish would currently rank us 8th in the 247 rankings if all those committed tonight.  Of course, all the other schools still have commits coming as well but it could at least challenge for our first ever top 15 class in history.  Most likely would end up 16-20, but there would be a chance. 

PEtrader

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 29, 2016, 11:22:46 pm
I've heard the fact we now have an Auntie Annie's has swayed more than one recruit.

Playa needs his carbs
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

RaisinHog

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 29, 2016, 11:23:53 pm
That finish would currently rank us 8th in the 247 rankings if all those committed tonight.  Of course, all the other schools still have commits coming as well but it could at least challenge for our first ever top 15 class in history.  Most likely would end up 16-20, but there would be a chance.

And that my friends explains just how darn hard it is to get a top 10 class ... Cause that would be 2 5 stars a butt ton of 4 stars and the rest high ranked 3s just crazy