Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Article on 5-STAR quarterbacks

Started by Mo_Better_Hogs, December 30, 2018, 01:52:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo_Better_Hogs

https://n.rivals.com/news/how-five-star-qbs-from-past-four-recruiting-cycles-are-performing

Not Hog related, but an interesting read. This article seems fairly current, since it talks about Rosen's first NFL year. The rest are still college guys.

As I was reading it, one thing jumped out. All the commit-flipping and transferring. Guess that's the way it is now, especially at the QB position. Having the 5-start quarterback is great and all, but it's no guarantee for the team's success. And it comes with some 'strings.' I'd rather have the 5-star defensive end, running back or linebacker any day.

Snout team

Probably true in the long run but I sure wouldn't mind having Trevor Lawrence on our team right now
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

hawg IQ

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 30, 2018, 03:47:53 pm
Probably true in the long run but I sure wouldn't mind having Trevor Lawrence on our team right now
Trevor Lawrence would only be as productive as receivers and offensive line here .
go hogs go !

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on December 30, 2018, 01:52:49 pm
https://n.rivals.com/news/how-five-star-qbs-from-past-four-recruiting-cycles-are-performing

Not Hog related, but an interesting read. This article seems fairly current, since it talks about Rosen's first NFL year. The rest are still college guys.

As I was reading it, one thing jumped out. All the commit-flipping and transferring. Guess that's the way it is now, especially at the QB position. Having the 5-start quarterback is great and all, but it's no guarantee for the team's success. And it comes with some 'strings.' I'd rather have the 5-star defensive end, running back or linebacker any day.
rather have a few 4* QBs and 5*s on the line.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

plumbhog

Quote from: hawg IQ on December 30, 2018, 03:56:13 pm
Trevor Lawrence would only be as productive as receivers and offensive line here .
Shows how little you know. I've heard Trevor Lawrence can complete passes to himself!
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

Supermark101

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 30, 2018, 06:16:05 pm

Rather have Tua with 3 stars and great player evaluation everywhere else.

hawganatic

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 30, 2018, 06:16:05 pm

So which of our current 4* QBs would you rather have than anybody on that list?