Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey Dickerson Updated (2014 Basketball)

Started by -Blu, February 18, 2014, 11:18:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CDBHawg

Georgeofthejungle

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 25, 2014, 06:55:02 pm
Not sure I like this.  I want Atwood/Dickerson.

Me too!!! Inside scoring and well needed true point guard play. Dickerson and Beard would give us two true point guards(when was the last time we had that!?) and Ky could move over to the 2 spot, where I personally feel he would have a lot of success and be at a more natural position.

RazorAg

Hard to tell, but I'm not convinced that this kid isn't better than Trey Dickerson.  A little smaller, but really, really productive and efficient.

onebadrubi

Quote from: RazorAg on February 25, 2014, 09:16:50 pm
Hard to tell, but I'm not convinced that this kid isn't better than Trey Dickerson.  A little smaller, but really, really productive and efficient.

Who?  The miller kid?

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 25, 2014, 05:16:12 pm
Arkansas appears to be showing interest in JUCO PG Dequon Miller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyWA0TOm55o

Thanks for update on that.  I like that highlight video, very quick guard with a nice shot.  I'm really glad to see the staff is trying to put together a contender next year and getting some guys that are ready play.  We're on some nice targets right now, hopefully we can seal the deal on a couple of them and finish this 2014 class strong.

And I'm noticing Coach Anderson really loves those small quick PGs.  It's obvious he really wants another to go alongside Beard next year. 

Hoggle

Quote from: RazorAg on February 25, 2014, 09:16:50 pm

Agree. Miller looks great - based on those limited highlights. Good shooter, quick enough to penetrate or get his shot off, and in complete control when the ball is in his hands. All that aside, we need shooters and he appears the best at that.

The Hogfather

I will admit, I really like his shooting percentages.  Even if it is against air or high school competition.  43% from 3, 48% FG, and 85% from the FT line.  I just like the idea of getting Atwood, too.  I don't see us getting him if we don't get Dickerson.

MGB1229

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 26, 2014, 07:54:41 am
I will admit, I really like his shooting percentages.  Even if it is against air or high school competition.  43% from 3, 48% FG, and 85% from the FT line.  I just like the idea of getting Atwood, too.  I don't see us getting him if we don't get Dickerson.

I am with you on that but it would be nice to get a Miller/Purcell combo as well.  It would be awesome to get either one.

jjdlc

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 25, 2014, 06:55:02 pm
Not sure I like this.  I want Atwood/Dickerson.

Me too, but a backup plan is a good idea too, just in case.

The Hogfather

Quote from: MGB1229 on February 26, 2014, 08:38:39 am
I am with you on that but it would be nice to get a Miller/Purcell combo as well.  It would be awesome to get either one.

True.  I just think we need a replacement for Clarke.  I think Atwood is that guy.

MGB1229

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 26, 2014, 08:48:37 am
True.  I just think we need a replacement for Clarke.  I think Atwood is that guy.

I hope we go with the bird in hand if there is one.  I don't like the idea of being left high and dry scrambling around trying to fill a spot later on.  I agree with you on Clarke.  He's been playing great.  I have been impressed with video I've seen of miles.  Hopefully he can help fill the void. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 26, 2014, 08:48:37 am

What exactly is that replacement suppose to do?  I think Clarke is the silent MVP of this team.  He has shown extreme leadership and taken Portis under his wing early on.  The guy is in the paint defending and trying to take people off the low block.  He also is stepping out and hitting a high % of three's.  If we have someone fill his role next year that would BE HUGE.  I honestly don't  know if that player is out there though.  Miles might be it or atwood, but I don't know enough about their games to say.  Also, it took clarke some time to become this. 

Just make sure they pronounce Hell Hay ellll

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 25, 2014, 05:16:12 pm
Arkansas appears to be showing interest in JUCO PG Dequon Miller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyWA0TOm55o
Dang.  I think I like him more than Dickerson and Purcell.  I think he would be great on this team. With beard we'd always have a quick slashing, penetrating guard that can shoot the three.

mhuff

Quote from: yraciv on February 22, 2014, 01:37:48 pm
Watkins is a walkon, and like Blu said already gets a pretty cushy deal with dad being employed by the university.

+1

I was under the impression Gulley got that open scholarship for this year....

mhuff

Quote from: RazorAg on February 22, 2014, 06:13:01 pm
How do we know he's that good?  I know I don't.

I thought Miller looked well rounded. His jump shot looked like a frog, but he can shot standing on his head if he shoots for percentage. I have not seen Purcell.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

-Blu

Another update on Trey Dickerson.

Pat Jenkins ‏@PatJenkins4 2h
Text w/2014 PG Trey Dickerson said #hogs Coach Anderson,Cleveland & Watkins will attend his championship game tomorrow weather permitting....

Looks like the staff is putting the full court press on getting Dickerson, the entire staff going to see him play in his championship game, and it's been reported coach Anderson is suppose to be flying out to New York to talk with his parents.

Danny J

Quote from: -Blu on March 02, 2014, 12:04:28 am

Text w/2014 PG Trey Dickerson said #hogs Coach Anderson,Cleveland & Watkins will attend his championship game tomorrow weather permitting....

Looks like the staff is putting the full court press on getting Dickerson, the entire staff going to see him play in his championship game, and it's been reported coach Anderson is suppose to be flying out to New York to talk with his parents.
I feel really good about this......

onebadrubi

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 02, 2014, 12:47:24 am
I feel really good about this......

We need to go ahead and lock up his buddy too!

-Blu

Our other JUCO target Willie Atwood was offered yesterday by Louisville.

Danny J

Quote from: -Blu on March 02, 2014, 01:45:30 pm
Our other JUCO target Willie Atwood was offered yesterday by Louisville.
I think we will finally be able to really start competing well out of state at a fairly high level once we make it to the big dance and do well. Being on sportscenter once a week and 10 weeks of being in SCtop10 with two top plays helps national exposure as well. It is nice to have a coach who doesn't belittle his players on national TV and during press conference like a Calipari. That is a plus as well.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 02, 2014, 02:03:28 pm
I think we will finally be able to really start competing well out of state at a fairly high level once we make it to the big dance and do well. Being on sportscenter once a week and 10 weeks of being in SCtop10 with two top plays helps national exposure as well. It is nice to have a coach who doesn't belittle his players on national TV and during press conference like a Calipari. That is a plus as well.

Our staff needs to get a video circulating quickly of all the SC plays saying this is what we do here.  Shows its a team doing it, not one player like Parker, ennis, or randle for their teams.  Everyone is making the SC plays. 

Danny J

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2014, 02:15:21 pm
Our staff needs to get a video circulating quickly of all the SC plays saying this is what we do here.  Shows its a team doing it, not one player like Parker, ennis, or randle for their teams.  Everyone is making the SC plays.
Yep...Portis and Harris to go along with Qualls making those plays.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 02, 2014, 02:47:19 pm
Yep...Portis and Harris to go along with Qualls making those plays.

Madden and clanked assist, Moses swats, and all the dunks combined, makes for a very attractive brand of basketball. 

VirginiaHog

Quote from: -Blu on March 02, 2014, 12:04:28 am

THis post is from Saturday night right? Does that mean the Championship game was today? Anyone know how it went, and confirm the coaches were there? Thanks.

bobcat ball

Quote from: VirginiaHog on March 02, 2014, 07:50:33 pm
THis post is from Saturday night right? Does that mean the Championship game was today? Anyone know how it went, and confirm the coaches were there? Thanks.

His team lost but looks like he had a solid game. Coaches didn't make due to weather. All in RD's Sunday updates
WOO PIG

Break & Run

Trey announced on Twitter this evening that he'd have a top 5 soon.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

-Blu

Quote from: Break & Run on March 03, 2014, 12:38:06 am
Trey announced on Twitter this evening that he'd have a top 5 soon.

Think we all pretty much know his top schools, has mentioned them in his interviews. They are Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas, UAB.  Now, the order that they are in.... if he announces that, that would be new info.

Break & Run

Quote from: -Blu on March 03, 2014, 12:41:52 am
Think we all pretty much know his top schools, has mentioned them in his interviews. They are Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas, UAB.  Now, the order that they are in.... if he announces that, that would be new info.

Whose the fifth, then?

Sorry for interrupting your night!
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

-Blu

Quote from: Break & Run on March 03, 2014, 12:49:41 am
Whose the fifth, then?

Sorry for interrupting your night!

Not sure the 5th, probably will be like TCU or Washington, both of these schools have been recruiting him pretty hard lately.

And I wasn't trying to be a know it all or anything responding to your post, I was just letting you know he really hasn't been keeping his top choices a secret, I didn't know if you knew them or not, so posted them for you. 

Here's his latest article.  This was right before the Arkansas offer.

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/trey-dickerson-williston-state-drawing-heavy-interest-season-comes-close/

Then, here's an interview he did right after his Arkansas offer.

http://www.hogsportsradio.com/interview-pg-trey-dickerson/

RazorPiggie

Washington offered. I'm not liking our chances too much.

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

onebadrubi

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 04, 2014, 09:26:26 am

Why are our chances not as good as washington's for this recruit?

-Blu

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 04, 2014, 09:26:26 am

I doubt Washington is even in the picture.  It's between us, Iowa, and Nebraska from everything I've heard and read.  We're in a good position to get both of these guys.  I know Trey tweeted last night them him and Atwood were taking their visit to Arkansas together, and so far they haven't said they would do that at any other school. 

RazorPiggie

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 04, 2014, 10:33:15 am
Why are our chances not as good as washington's for this recruit?

Not just because of Washington but because other more relevant programs are showing interest and making offers.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Hatleyville454

Quote from: -Blu on March 04, 2014, 10:36:01 am
I doubt Washington is even in the picture.  It's between us, Iowa, and Nebraska from everything I've heard and read.  We're in a good position to get both of these guys.  I know Trey tweeted last night them him and Atwood were taking their visit to Arkansas together, and so far they haven't said they would do that at any other school.

I saw the same thing about them visiting Arkansas together, and that is why I feel good about our chances.

RazorAg

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 04, 2014, 03:19:10 pm
Impressive video and stats. He is so short though...

Not relative to the average college point guard.

sooiepig_12

I guess I was unaware that we had two spots left.  I want both of these guys though.  I'm a little concerned about some of the big guys like Jerry Meyer predicting Nebraska or Iowa though.

Hawg Red

Quote from: sooiepig_12 on March 05, 2014, 11:05:19 am
I guess I was unaware that we had two spots left.  I want both of these guys though.  I'm a little concerned about some of the big guys like Jerry Meyer predicting Nebraska or Iowa though.

Well, we don't have two spots left. We have one. But the staff is recruiting as if there will be another spot open after the season.

poloprince

Quote from: sooiepig_12 on March 05, 2014, 11:05:19 am

There will be 1 possibly 2 defections.
$PoLoPrInCe$

sooiepig_12

Illinihog

Can we really afford to have many defections?  I know for APR reasons, we really need Clarke, Kikko, and Gulley to graduate.  I couldn't imagine if we had a few defections that would be good for the APR.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Illinihog on March 05, 2014, 11:40:25 am
Can we really afford to have many defections?  I know for APR reasons, we really need Clarke, Kikko, and Gulley to graduate.  I couldn't imagine if we had a few defections that would be good for the APR.

Our APR should be in good enough shape right now that we won't really be hurt by transfers as long as the players are in good standing when they depart. The player I'm expecting to not be there next season is definitely in good standing.

sooiepig_12

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 05, 2014, 11:41:56 am
Our APR should be in good enough shape right now that we won't really be hurt by transfers as long as the players are in good standing when they depart. The player I'm expecting to not be there next season is definitely in good standing.
Care to elaborate?

rzrbackramsfan

Ill take a stab at it.  He's referring to Wagner.

Hawg Red

Quote from: sooiepig_12 on March 05, 2014, 12:03:52 pm
Care to elaborate?

Well, I don't think it takes much deductive reasoning to figure out who could move on. And it's just speculation but how the staff is recruiting lends weight to the thought.