Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ASU vs Nebraska

Started by GolfNut57, September 02, 2017, 08:03:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

ASU trails after first quarter 17-14. A 70 yard punt return for the first TD and then a 87 yard drive for the second one. ASU has led twice in the game at 7-3 and then 14-10.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

asuato

Nebraska 27 ASU 26 halftime

GolfNut57

Quote from: asuato on September 02, 2017, 08:52:21 pm
Nebraska 27 ASU 26 halftime

ASU has outgained the Huskers 289-235 in total yards. After falling behind 24-14 ASU mounted an impressive drive only to see it stopped on a tipped pass INT at the Neb 1 yard line. But the next play ASU stuffed the Husker RB for the safety to pull to within 24-16. After the free kick ASU then drove for another TD to pull to within 1 at 24-23. From there on the two teams traded FGs to make it 27-26 at the break.

Great job by the Red Wolves thus far.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Sweet Feet

GolfNut57

Final score 43-36 Nebraska wins. ASU actually had two good shots at the end zone from the Husker's 12 yard line in the closing secs but could not get that last completed pass for the needed TD. Still, ASU outgained Neb 497 yards to 463. Mighty impressive considering it was played in Lincoln.

asuato

We were our own worst enemy. Too many times failed to wrap up on tackles plus the dropped TD pass.  :(   Still the offense looked incredible. Defense did pretty good but several things to fix there.

GolfNut57

A few less dropped passes, take away the two turnovers and the dumb penalties and we might have shocked the country tonight.

husker71

Well I don't think anyone beating Nebraska would be a shock anymore.  If you want to see what happens to a program that was on top and then hires a poor AD who hires poor coaches this is it.  Unless a program hires the right people they will be drowned in mediocrity for years.  I was thinking that someone in our family has had season tickets to home games there since 1957 and I could not guess how many cattle were given to the athletic party over the years.  This was a program that from the middle 60s until 2000 was always a national contender and now they cannot escape being just better than average.

GolfNut57

Quote from: husker71 on September 03, 2017, 05:00:38 am
Well I don't think anyone beating Nebraska would be a shock anymore.  If you want to see what happens to a program that was on top and then hires a poor AD who hires poor coaches this is it.  Unless a program hires the right people they will be drowned in mediocrity for years.  I was thinking that someone in our family has had season tickets to home games there since 1957 and I could not guess how many cattle were given to the athletic party over the years.  This was a program that from the middle 60s until 2000 was always a national contender and now they cannot escape being just better than average.

Regardless of where they are as a program right now they are still a respectable Big Ten team and had ASU won the game last night that would still be a huge feather in the Red Wolves cap.

Seminole Indian

While I did not catch the game, it was apparently an entertaining game,and next's weeks game with Miami should also be a fun game to watch.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

holeinthewall

It was a good game.   Can't wait to be at the game Saturday.