Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (19-9, 8-7) @ Alabama (17-11, 8-7)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 24, 2018, 04:11:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SoIndianaHog

jst01

Quote from: alohawg on February 24, 2018, 05:49:09 pm
True, but that off the glass 3 was horse manure.

No joke. My girl said "does that count?! Is that fair?"

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Jzilla

bvillepig

We didn't blow a lead   Guy threw up a prayer and it banked in. Pure luck

Hogz87

Quote from: alohawg on February 24, 2018, 05:49:09 pm
True, but that off the glass 3 was horse manure.
This.  Part of our 10 point lead being "blown" started off with a three-point make by Bama that they make 3 times out of 100.  It was incredibly fluky and very unfortunate for us. 

Hogs958

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

trippigs

bvillepig

Barford  played one on one dribble  is why he is on the bench.  This lineup actually played pretty good. Streached it out to 10 before one luck shot and a bad play by Beard.

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

elksnort

Quote from: RazorNick on February 24, 2018, 05:47:11 pm
All we have to do is lead at the half, and it's ours.
This stat of 36 in a row and 121 and seven is very incredible

SoIndianaHog

Quote from: alohawg on February 24, 2018, 05:50:58 pm
Keeping the team from gettin' the big head prolly.

I just don't think you can have Macon, Barford, and Gafford out at the same time.

Knot2brite

Quote from: alohawg on February 24, 2018, 05:50:58 pm
Keeping the team from gettin' the big head prolly.
Just might be keeping them from picking up a cheap foul whilst playing on the road in the SEC. Looks little chippy out there at times and I think some trash is being talked
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

trippigs

Quote from: Hogz87 on February 24, 2018, 05:50:36 pm
This.  Part of our 10 point lead being "blown" started off with a three-point make by Bama that they make 3 times out of 100.  It was incredibly fluky and very unfortunate for us. 

Yep....and we were playing good defense

Letsroll1200

Temprees

Quote from: SoIndianaHog on February 24, 2018, 05:53:12 pm
I just don't think you can have Macon, Barford, and Gafford out at the same time.
Barford is not playing well at all.  Too much dribbling and driving into traffic.  He needs to pick up his defense also.

Razorod

Just need to put another solid 20 minutes together and we should come away with a W.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

trippigs

Quote from: Temprees on February 24, 2018, 05:55:54 pm
Barford is not playing well at all.  Too much dribbling and driving into traffic.  He needs to pick up his defense also.

Probably why he didn't play his normal minutes

elksnort

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: SoIndianaHog on February 24, 2018, 05:53:12 pm

I signed in to say this. Just can't rely on Beard or CJ to carry the offensive load. The rest to our stay might be the reason why we win so many games when leading at halftime, I guess.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

99toLife

Quote from: Razorod on February 24, 2018, 05:56:09 pm
Just need to put another solid 20 minutes together and we should come away with a W.
Agree, I think the Hogs will win, may be a crazy stressful finish, but a win.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: elksnort on February 24, 2018, 05:57:28 pm
The Razorbacks ought to win this.

Will they?
Well you're on record for saying that we would likely lose and now you're saying we ought to win? Make up your mind you little baby.

SoIndianaHog

Quote from: Temprees on February 24, 2018, 05:55:54 pm

I agree with that, but not all 3 of them should not be sitting at the same time. I thought the bench played well for the most part. Still need one of the studs to be out there as a go to. Just keep defending the 2nd half!

HawgHeadCheese

alohawg

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 24, 2018, 05:53:19 pm
Just might be keeping them from picking up a cheap foul whilst playing on the road in the SEC. Looks little chippy out there at times and I think some trash is being talked

Trash talk is every game, but yeah possible. Maybe he thought he had a 8+ pt lead at the half all but locked up.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Letsroll1200

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 24, 2018, 05:58:14 pm
I signed in to say this. Just can't rely on Beard or CJ to carry the offensive load. The rest to our stay might be the reason why we win so many games when leading at halftime, I guess.

CJ is playing better than Barford so far. I don't understand why all three are on the bench.

AirWarren

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 05:42:23 pm
Solid defense to this point. Gotta clean up a few things and take care of the ball better.

Agreed.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 24, 2018, 05:58:51 pm
Well you're on record for saying that we would likely lose and now you're saying we ought to win? Make up your mind you little baby.

LOL

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Cavtastic Voyage

I'll never understand Anderson theory on player management. Why do we go so deep in our bench. Slow the game down if we have to. But barford, Macon, gafford need to be on the court as much as possible. This is a important game. We fool around and lose this one we may not make the tourney. That being the case why is Trey Thompson getting more minutes than gafford. Why is Gabe getting the minutes he is. It drives me crazy because there is no reason to be going 10 deep this late into the season. Also why are players like Gabe and Bailey shooting the ball early in the shot clock. These problems need to be addressed. Judging by what I've seen I will be suprised if we win this game

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

razCzar

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

elksnort

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 24, 2018, 05:58:51 pm
I am making this comment based in what I have seen in the first half tough guy.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

bvillepig

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Hawgphish

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: elksnort on February 24, 2018, 06:08:57 pm
I am making this comment based in what I have seen in the first half tough guy.
The teams have played almost 30 games and you'll crawfish over a 4 point halftime lead? Get a clue

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Hogz87

Yeah, they're going to beat us. 

We let our 10 point lead disappear way too quickly.

jst01