Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sec Standings - All seeds set

Started by Dr. Starcs, February 10, 2018, 09:51:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

February 14, 2018, 08:05:48 pm #50 Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:28:14 pm by Dr. Starcs
Op updated at top of page 1.

Vandy hits a 3 at the buzzer to take down Miss St.
Auburn takes down Kentucky.
Florida chokes and loses in overtime to Georgia.

All teams above us in the standings have road games Saturday.

Letsroll1200

Arkansas is in 6th place and one game from being tied for third place. Crazy! Let's take care of business Saturday.

razorback1829

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 14, 2018, 10:42:18 pm
Arkansas is in 6th place and one game from being tied for third place. Crazy! Let's take care of business Saturday.

Just keep winning one at a time. The rest will take care of itself.

c-townfan

I still consider us 8-5. The total screw job we got at miss st still keeps me up at night. 40 free throw attempts to 12 attempts. We lost by 3 and they got 28 more attempts and made 19 more points than us at the line alone. God it still makes my blood boil.

Atlhogfan1

MSU needed that one last night given the games they have left.   

A shame for Uga they won if it helps keeps Fox there. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Letsroll1200

And that's why the Hogs three game winning streak is a big deal. Miss State losses to Vandy and UGA knocks off Florida

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

carolinahogger

I opened the thread just to look at this: 

7. Kentucky 6-7

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 15, 2018, 08:29:27 am
And that's why the Hogs three game winning streak is a big deal. Miss State losses to Vandy and UGA knocks off Florida

The Hogs 3 game streak is big  because it meant they did not lose to any of the 3 worst teams in the league, but the wins really did not help the rpi, still better than losing though.

On another note, any chance KY does not even make the NCAAT? They could lose 2 or 3 more before the SECT.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: carolinahogger on February 15, 2018, 09:07:08 am

7. Kentucky 6-7

Worst UK team since 12-13. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jbigs77

When this team comes to play, they are so fun to watch. I truly believe we could beat any team in the country, when we are playing well and don't get sucker punched by the refs. On the other hand, when we try to trap against a good ball handling team, it don't work. Baseline layups and dunks or if we do manage to get someone down there, they kick is out for open 3s.
Since about 10 games into the season, I cant say I am confident we will win any game, no matter the opponent. We could beat KY or AU by 20 then loose to Missouri by 25.
They do seem to be playing with more urgency as of late. And I'm seeing more zone which I think is good. I think the keys to having a successful finish is better free throw shooting, more quality bench play, drive the ball inside shoot if its there and kick it out if its not.
We will see what happens, but I wouldn't be comfortable with making any predictions, there are no games we cant win, but there are also no games we couldn't loose.   

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: carolinahogger on February 15, 2018, 09:07:08 am

7. Kentucky 6-7

They're so irrelevant this year, I haven't even had to start one of my "I Despise Cal" threads.  I do still despise him, but it's just not as much fun to rag on him and his team when I can't get into it with his defenders.  (I'm talking to you, MountieDawg.)
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hawg66

Thank to the OP for keeping up with all of this

cram224

Who would have thought that with 5 games remaining, the easiest game for us maybe Kentucky. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Dr. Starcs

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 15, 2018, 09:32:30 am
They're so irrelevant this year, I haven't even had to start one of my "I Despise Cal" threads.  I do still despise him, but it's just not as much fun to rag on him and his team when I can't get into it with his defenders.  (I'm talking to you, MountieDawg.)

That dude is no where to be found

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hog golf on February 12, 2018, 09:49:49 am
being favored to win and actually winning are two different things. I don't like our chances against AM, KY nor AU.

I'll take the Hogs in all 3 of those games. I love our chances in BWA.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 12, 2018, 09:48:54 am
The two losses to LSU are flat out pitiful. Mike should be embarrassed.
there's matchup issues any time you play a team that uses two point guards pretty much all the time and granted they suffer some games but they also swept A&M so you can go be embarrassed by yourself.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

311Hog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 15, 2018, 08:53:32 pm
there's matchup issues any time you play a team that uses two point guards pretty much all the time and granted they suffer some games but they also swept A&M so you can go be embarrassed by yourself.

i was impressed with LSU's bigs also. Inside and outside game seemed to give both us and the Saggies fits.

Dr. Starcs

HawgHeadCheese

Kentucky looks like they are about to finish of Alabama.

Dr. Starcs

Dr. Starcs

South Carolina takes down Auburn. And tigers lose McLemore for the season.

Dr. Starcs

Vandy downs Florida.

HOGS tied for 3rd. ***Standings updated at top, page 1***

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 17, 2018, 04:57:24 pm

Keeps breaking our way for us.  High rpi teams losing players.  2-2 finish it looks like.

Dr. Starcs

Georgia up 2 on Tenner at the half. Crazy day in the sec thus far. Maybe Ole Miss can pull the upset and knock down Miss St later tonight too.

jst01

Doesn't Florida own tiebreaker with Hogs?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 17, 2018, 04:57:24 pm

The same South Carolina and Vandy teams the hogs beat! No can't be!

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: jst01 on February 17, 2018, 06:09:48 pm
Doesn't Florida own tiebreaker with Hogs?

Yes. But there's a 4 way tie for 3rd and I'm not sure who would have the tiebreaker there.

Razorback Ranger

Three-Team Tie (or more)
When three or more teams are tied, the following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken. If two teams re- main tied after a tiebreaker provision, the two-team tiebreaker formula will be used.

Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).
Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceed- ing through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).
If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.
If three or more teams remain, draw by the Commissioner.

Dr. Starcs

Tenner going down to Uga. What a great Saturday for the Hogs. Only thing that could make it better would be Ole miss knocking off Miss Stake

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Razorback Ranger on February 17, 2018, 07:03:16 pm
Three-Team Tie (or more)
When three or more teams are tied, the following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken. If two teams re- main tied after a tiebreaker provision, the two-team tiebreaker formula will be used.

Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).
Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceed- ing through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).
If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.
If three or more teams remain, draw by the Commissioner.

Thanks!

Lady Razorback

Razorback Ranger

Current tie standing :
FL 2-1, 1 game left
AR & AL  1-1, 2 games left, nod goes to AL because they are 1-0 vs Auburn
MO 1-2, 1 game left

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hog golf on February 12, 2018, 09:49:49 am
being favored to win and actually winning are two different things. I don't like our chances against AM, KY nor AU.

You were wrong dead wrong on you chances prediction. You will also be dead wrong with the other two. Just watch and learn. We are playing in a sold out BWA and they won't beat us.

OkieBack

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 17, 2018, 07:32:57 pm
You were wrong dead wrong on you chances prediction. You will also be dead wrong with the other two. Just watch and learn. We are playing in a sold out BWA and they won't beat us.

As I said a couple weeks ago, this team is starting to find their roles.  That's what Mike/Nolan ball is all about.  Finding roles as a TEAM.  We got some work left to do.  Hope we can whip Kentucky.  But the team is getting to where it needs to be.  Spanking A&M was good payback for that showing down in College Station.  If I were a betting man, I wouldn't bet against the Hogs.  They looked a little shaky a few weeks ago, but they are heating up.  Tough, tough games ahead but I'm ready for the ride.  Go Hogs!!!!!

Dr. Starcs

Miss St handing it to Ole Miss. I'm going to go ahead and call that one.

Standings are up to date at top of page 1. Tuesday's game with Kentucky is huge and gonna be lit.

Dr. Starcs

Miss St (8-7) takes down Aggies (6-9) in college station.

We need to win to stay ahead of them.

TNhawgfan

Another win of ours has the luster taken off with a+m losing again
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Dr. Starcs

February 20, 2018, 10:06:12 pm #89 Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:27:01 pm by Dr. Starcs
Mizzou chokes at home to ole miss.

*standings updated at top of page 1

Hogs fall to tied for 5th.

Dr. Starcs

South Carolina beats Georgia and pulls into a 3-way tie for 10th.

Dr. Starcs

Auburn houses Bama. .

Hogs now in a 5 way tie for 4th place. Could be six way depending on Florida/Tenner outcome.

hobhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 21, 2018, 09:27:23 pm
Auburn houses Bama. .

Hogs now in a 5 way tie for 4th place. Could be six way depending on Florida/Tenner outcome.

Must win for Hogs Saturday. Get punked at Bama and outside looking in. I don't like our chances needing road wins to dance.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: hobhog on February 21, 2018, 09:30:34 pm
Must win for Hogs Saturday. Get punked at Bama and outside looking in. I don't like our chances needing road wins to dance.

Will be a very tough matchup. Bama will be ready to play after getting run out of the gym at auburn tonight.

Dr. Starcs

February 21, 2018, 10:01:06 pm #94 Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:40:05 pm by Dr. Starcs
Tennessee holds off Florida. *Standings now up to date at top of page 1*

HOGS now in a 6-way tie for 3rd place.

Also of note, we are only 1 game ahead of LSU who is in sole possession of 9th place right now. Gonna be a wild week and a half.

Dr. Starcs

#2 Tennessee (11-5) wins easily at #14 Ole Miss (5-11)

Dr. Starcs

February 24, 2018, 02:43:23 pm #96 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:19:03 pm by Dr. Starcs
Georgia (7-9) wins against Lsu (7-9)

Dr. Starcs

February 24, 2018, 04:18:25 pm #97 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:30:27 pm by Dr. Starcs
Cocky (6-10) gave MissStake (9-7) all they wanted but bulldogs win.

*edit - not so fast my friend! Cocky hits a 3 at the buzzer. Headed to overtime.

Dr. Starcs

Aggies (7-9) dominates at Vandy (5-11)

alohawg

South Carolina with buzzer beating 3 to send it to ot in Stanksville.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc