Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins!

Started by alohawg, December 03, 2017, 02:30:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

Just scored on a beautiful run, but his celebration was the greatest I've seen!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

silverandbluedc

I love that kid. I am hoping this is just the beginning of a great career.

Elguapo501

Love Collins but I'm a diehard lions fan

RollHogTide

I had the pleasure of an up close experience with the young man at Bryant-Denny a few years ago.  I told the person with me, "That young man is nothing but class."  He was exceptionally humble and upbeat pre-game; I will always be a huge fan.

The same as Brandon Allen - both were wonderful ambassadors for the Razorbacks.

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha...that was a great celebration! Good to see him doing so well!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

longpig

Crazy how much faster he's gotten.
Don't be scared, be smart.

jesterzzn

I think he was thinking about getting the celebration set up as soon as he crossed the 5.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

rusvegashog

Could not be happier for the cat. It's pretty dadgum cool watching Razorback players contribute in the NFL. AC, Hunter, Spaight, The guys in New England, plus many more.

threeNout

AC is keeping a 1000 yard season in sight, I think he is right around 700 yards now with 3 games to go.

IronHog

Quote from: longpig on December 03, 2017, 02:43:17 pm

Looks like a 5* now......
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hawgdavis

I think Alex has arrived.

sickboy

Quote from: threeNout on December 03, 2017, 03:02:52 pm
AC is keeping a 1000 yard season in sight, I think he is right around 700 yards now with 3 games to go.

Why on earth did Seattle release him? They can't buy a running back with Collins's talent and the just let him walk.

threeNout

Quote from: hawgdavis on December 03, 2017, 03:04:49 pm
I think Alex has arrived.

I think he'll move back into the top 10 rushers after today, still leads them all in YPC at 4.9.

IronHog

Quote from: sickboy on December 03, 2017, 03:09:57 pm
Why on earth did Seattle release him? They can't buy a running back with Collins's talent and the just let him walk.

Took him awhile to get over B.B. S&C apparently

Looks like a high rounder now 🙄
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

3kgthog

He's lost a noticeable amount of weight in his midsection and lower body. It's obviously helped with his quickness.

RebHog

Quote from: longpig on December 03, 2017, 02:43:17 pm

This if he cut the dreads and didnt have name on jersey I wouldnt even think thats AC. Herb needs to look at the tape and realize he sucks at his job!

greenEGnHAWGS

Seattle handle his whole situation so strangely. He'd have awesome camps and practices, then hardly saw the field during preseason games. I recall many times that he was reported to have the play of the day and best practice. So who knows what hat really happened. All I know is that Seattle staff looks like idiots.

alohawg

I watched as much of his time as I could in Seattle. Alex bears some responsibility with fumbling, but the guy I blame most for his lack of success there is Pete Carroll. Seemed they inevitably would put him in at the worst possibly times/situations, like 3rd and 6 at their 2 or something. As if it was designed for failure. I've actively rooted against them since and definitely will tonight......as a Cowboy.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

31to6

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 03, 2017, 02:38:15 pm
Ha ha...that was a great celebration! Good to see him doing so well!
I liked it better when his celebration was handing the ball to the referee and jogging back to the bench.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 31to6 on December 03, 2017, 03:21:18 pm
I liked it better when his celebration was handing the ball to the referee and jogging back to the bench.

Oh geesh. The team went out of there way to choreograph a celebration with him. Lighten up. He still hands the ball to them after every run.

pghawg1

I hadn't seen the total ,How many yards did he have today?

Hogsolo

Just a great football player.  Remember when he won than Tennessee game on his will alone?   Man I love me some Alex C.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: pghawg1 on December 03, 2017, 03:25:57 pm
I hadn't seen the total ,How many yards did he have today?

15 carries for 75 yards and 2 TDs

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: IAMHogholio on December 03, 2017, 03:28:33 pm
Just a great football player.  Remember when he won than Tennessee game on his will alone?   Man I love me some Alex C.

Yep. And remember when he almost didn't come to Arkansas cuz his mom wouldn't sign his paperwork. Lol

bville_hog

I think it had to do with fumbles.  They showed stat a couple weeks ago that he had highest fumble/carry in NCAA and I know he had quiet a few with Seattle when he got on the field.  He had a couple in his first three weeks with the Ravens I think, but then none since!  Looking like the coaching staff helped him figure it out!  Great for Alex!

alohawg

Quote from: bville_hog on December 03, 2017, 03:31:05 pm
I think it had to do with fumbles.  They showed stat a couple weeks ago that he had highest fumble/carry in NCAA and I know he had quiet a few with Seattle when he got on the field.  He had a couple in his first three weeks with the Ravens I think, but then none since!  Looking like the coaching staff helped him figure it out!  Great for Alex!

Dang son, what the heck?! That's a mighty smighty karma.....
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

RebelliousHog

Quote from: alohawg on December 03, 2017, 02:30:35 pm
Just scored on a beautiful run, but his celebration was the greatest I've seen!

Hand the ball to the ref?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Nosboar Accubond

Got AC on my fantasy team, my boy dropped 22 for me today!!

bville_hog

Quote from: alohawg on December 03, 2017, 03:37:05 pm
Dang son, what the heck?! That's a mighty smighty karma.....

That's from all the HDN lover's back in the day.  Wonder where they all went???

sickboy

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 03, 2017, 03:18:23 pm
Seattle handle his whole situation so strangely. He'd have awesome camps and practices, then hardly saw the field during preseason games. I recall many times that he was reported to have the play of the day and best practice. So who knows what hat really happened. All I know is that Seattle staff looks like idiots.

All they had to do was give the ball to Marshawn Lynch. You're on the one yard line and you pass?!?

dfwalumdad

Quote from: RebHog on December 03, 2017, 03:18:14 pm
This if he cut the dreads and didnt have name on jersey I wouldnt even think thats AC. Herb needs to look at the tape and realize he sucks at his job!

this! x 10,000.

can't wait to get rid of herb.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: sickboy on December 03, 2017, 04:57:53 pm
All they had to do was give the ball to Marshawn Lynch. You're on the one yard line and you pass?!?

Ha ha ha...worst play call in Super Bowl history.

31to6

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 03, 2017, 03:24:44 pm
Oh geesh. The team went out of there way to choreograph a celebration with him. Lighten up. He still hands the ball to them after every run.
Not questioning his character or manhood. Maybe you should lighten up.

I happy he is successful and his teammates like him and support him.

But, I just find these over-the-top end zone celebrations stupid.

threeNout

Quote from: 31to6 on December 03, 2017, 07:08:17 pm

I've felt that way too, but then the ones that make me laugh have me re-thinking that position.

AC's first one, the tug of war with the O Line, was great.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 31to6 on December 03, 2017, 07:08:17 pm
Not questioning his character or manhood. Maybe you should lighten up.

I happy he is successful and his teammates like him and support him.

Ha ha...cmon man. I'm not upset at anything, nor did I accuse you of questioning his character.

I do think some TD celebrations are just dumb, but there are some that make me chuckle. This one in particular I was happy to see. It was just fun and showed that these guys love AC.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: IronHog on December 03, 2017, 03:12:54 pm

Took him awhile to get over B.B. S&C apparently

Looks like a high rounder now 🙄

More accurately, Seattle has terrible line play and Allen was lucky to get released and picked up by a team that has better run blocking
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HawgPound

That was one of the best I have seen. Well timed with the lineman too. I wonder how much they practiced it?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: HawgPound on December 03, 2017, 10:32:18 pm
That was one of the best I have seen. Well timed with the lineman too. I wonder how much they practiced it?

Twitter was calling it the celebration of the year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Buck Allen had any choreographed celebrations has he?

BMoreHog

Quote from: HenduHog on December 03, 2017, 03:51:37 pm
Hand the ball to the ref?

How about you let him do what he wants since he just scored a TD.
Nothing wrong with celebrating success; so take a chill pill?

alohawg

Bump for SNF game....AC running well again, but Baltimore drives me nuts with their play calling, trying to get cute when the running game is working.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

alohawg

Boys, did you see that freaking play?!
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Tejano Jawg

Kicking ass.

How about that last catch-and-run??
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

alohawg

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 10, 2017, 08:38:12 pm
Kicking ass.

How about that last catch-and-run??

Love it, HATE the stealers.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

greenEGnHAWGS

The Hawg Marshal

All he needed was a chance.

PorkRinds

Collins is in beast mode tonight! Why he never caught more passes out of the backfield I'll never understand.

ricepig

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 10, 2017, 08:41:27 pm
All he needed was a chance.

It's amazing the number of good players that just need the opportunity to showcase their wares. He looks so much faster now.....