Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

23-4 Record....

Started by hogmolar, October 17, 2017, 09:39:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogmolar

Is the combined record of the 4 teams we have lost too.  2 top 5 teams.  I know there is a bunch of CBB hate going around here right now (and it might be well deserved). However, is there a chance we finish this season winning 5 out of 6 or even 6 out of 6? If so would that change the opinions of those on here that want him gone?   

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ShadowHawg

We are the best 4 loss team in the country!

Großer Kriegschwein

Redshirt senior QB. 4* sophomore running back. Best center in college football.

Three 4* defensive linemen and upperclassmen in the secondary.

If he can't do it now, he'll never get it done.

This is my non-signature signature.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogmolar on October 17, 2017, 09:39:23 am
Is the combined record of the 4 teams we have lost too.  2 top 5 teams.  I know there is a bunch of CBB hate going around here right now (and it might be well deserved). However, is there a chance we finish this season winning 5 out of 6 or even 6 out of 6? If so would that change the opinions of those on here that want him gone?   

Great argument and you'd get a lot of support if we didn't completely fail to be prepared against South Carolina. This staff failed everyone in that game.

EastexHawg

It's amazing how other teams' records improve when you don't beat them.  If we had beaten A&M, TCU, and South Carolina those teams' combined record would be 20-7, built mostly off beating cupcakes in out of conference games.

Anyone can lose to good/decent teams.  SMU or Tulane would be 2-4 too if they had played our schedule.  They would have beaten Florida A&M and New Mexico State and lost to the other four just like we did.  The objective is not to be able to brag about how good everyone you played is, it is to beat them.

The NewEra

Have you seen our offensive line play and the way it's been mismanaged?  That has nothing to do with the 23-4 record of our opponents.  That's a head coaching issue and has been for two years now.

NoogaHog

No chance of going 6 of 6. Likely not 5 of 6.  4 of 6 would get us to a bowl. A "meh" reward for a disappointing season. 3-3 the last 6 may actually get us to a bowl, but it would still leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

I think they can go 4-2, but my money is on 3-3. A MS school, MO, and CC.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Ham Ham Pigelow

Only Vandy has a worse SEC record since CBB has been at Arkansas.  That stat overshadows any spin in my opinion.

NoogaHog

Unfortunately, I think CBB keeps his job at 6-6.

I have not really had an opinion on Jeff Long so far. He seems to be doing more good than bad. If CBB keeps his job at 5-7 then I will definitely have a strong opinion.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Redhogs

No...hell no. 10-25..another so called loser excuse.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Pork Twain

I am no longer able to celebrate moral victories.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Tiredofhogssucking

However, is there a chance we finish this season winning 5 out of 6 or even 6 out of 6? If so would that change the opinions of those on here that want him gone?   

Can you name the 5 wins you see on our remaining schedule? 

smb

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 17, 2017, 09:42:40 am

I'm afraid its the truth.
GeorgiaHOG

Wild Bill Hog

Captain Hogthrob

How dare you bring logic in here... ???
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

allredhog

2013-4th QTR losses to Rutgers, MSU, LSU
2014-4th QTR losses to A&M, Alabama, MSU, Missouri
2015-4th QTR losses to A&M, MSU and losses to Toledo & Texas Tech
2016-4th QTR losses to Missouri & Virginia Tech

Win those games and we likely are not having these discussions.
A redhead married a redhead and had redheaded children and all are HOGS!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

You really never get tired of answering these dumb posts..!? You must be an attorney.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: allredhog on October 17, 2017, 11:02:40 am
2013-4th QTR losses to Rutgers, MSU, LSU
2014-4th QTR losses to A&M, Alabama, MSU, Missouri
2015-4th QTR losses to A&M, MSU and losses to Toledo & Texas Tech
2016-4th QTR losses to Missouri & Virginia Tech

Win those games and we likely are not having these discussions.

You forgot the 2017 4TH QTR loss to A&M. Again.

code red

The teams we have played are plenty good...no doubt.  I think it is alarming that....the defense is no better and the secondary is probably worse.  The special teams are horrible.  Vs Power 5 teams we have had a major let down in every game except TCU?  As much as I hate to admit it.  We may be better off with Brett coming back next year.  Who can we get?  Now I will take all this back if he goes 1-7 in conference.  If he goes 0-8....does it really matter who we get to replace him?  I think not.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Captain Hogthrob on October 17, 2017, 11:01:00 am
How dare you bring logic in here... ???

I don't think that the OP had a logical argument.  The "Hey we lost to some pretty good teams" argument only works if it is A:  An aberration, meaning we have typically been winning or B: We at least looked like a well coached team in any of those losses. 

We are coming off of a disappointing season a year ago and the things that were disappointing about it have not been corrected,instead they have turned in to trends (and they have been beat into the ground so I won't go into them).  We will always play good teams at some point we have to win against a good team or else what are we even doing.

phadedhawg

I do agree that we've had a difficult schedule this season but when is it not?  It's normally a difficult schedule and we typically lose every game we aren't favored in.  We lose a lot we are favored in too. 

Time for a change.  Bert's best ain't good enough.

The_Iceman

I think the next coach that comes in next year has a chance to win big with this roster, especially a spread offense coach.

Laughing Hog

NO, it's year FIVE! We suck. We are going in the wrong direction. We need a super recruiter at the helm of our football team. Next discussion. Have a nice day.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Roaringboar

If we win all six games, then Bert will keep his job, because that would get us to 8-4, then possibly winning the bowl game, but that's not going to happen.........and it's not just the losses that are make fans like angry, it's how we lose.....sure our losses came against top four TCU and Alabama, and sure A&M and Carolina are proving they aren't half bad, but we just totally collapsed in the TCU and Carolina game, might as well have stayed on the bus for the Bama game, and the A&M game was just such a joke it's not funny.....to keep losing to them in OT.......no, we won't go 8-4......more like 4-8........that is if we don't choke to Mizzou or Coastal.......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Youngsta71701

What is South Carolina's record?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HoggyCat

Quote from: NoogaHog on October 17, 2017, 09:51:09 am
No chance of going 6 of 6. Likely not 5 of 6.  4 of 6 would get us to a bowl. A "meh" reward for a disappointing season. 3-3 the last 6 may actually get us to a bowl, but it would still leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

I think they can go 4-2, but my money is on 3-3. A MS school, MO, and CC.

10th place standing in SEC academics would get us a bowl??
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Potosihog

We won't beat Missouri.  I could see us beating MS State, CC, and maybe even Ole Miss (doubtful).  I still believe it is more likely we only beat CC and go ofer in the sec.  CK makes me think we could sneak out a win or two.

Locutus_of_Boar

27-30 Overall

14-29 Against Power 5 Overall

10-24 against the SEC Overall

0-4 against Power 5 team in 2017

0-17 when trailing at halftime.

Your bid.

Porkchop#1

Great point...teams who play us usually win.

MushroomCloudHog

The combined record of teams we beat?  Florida A&M and New Mexico State = 5 wins 9 losses

kodiakisland

How many of those games were we competitive in?  It's not the losing that bothers me so much, it's the fact we aren't even competitive.  Do you really think we have a chance of 5 of 6?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

PossumFan

Win out and I MIGHT be OK with another year. Anything less is unsatisfactory, IMO.

DeltaBoy

We should have beaten TAMU and TCU!!!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

snoot hoggy hog

Some people say that Golden Corral is a 4* restaurant.

ballz2thewall

its not just the losses; it's how they look on the field. stats don't provide the real picture.
The rest of the frog.

Hoggish1

There's always a chance.

Seebs

Let me pose this question to the OP. What were your expectations and have they been met?  If they have not been met, what would you suggest be done to improve that issue?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

STLhawg

23-4 Record...Is the combined record of the 4 teams we have lost too.
But what will it be after we loose this weekend? 

Sorry, but I have no faith that the staff can figure out how to coach the team to a win against any decent P5 opponent.

Ex-Trumpet

This can't be right...according to many on here CBB can't recruit.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

David†

Quote from: STLhawg on October 18, 2017, 12:56:52 pm
But what will it be after we loose this weekend? 

Sorry, but I have no faith that the staff can figure out how to coach the team to a win against any decent P5 opponent.

If the defense would tighten up and not play so loose, we might win.

On second thought we will probably still lose.

hogginbama

While the teams we have lost to almost triple that number of 4 & 5* players on both sides of the ball.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Cinco de Hogo

Well one thing is clear, CBB has to do it or he gone!  It will be what it is at the end of the season.

bondhue

Quote from: NoogaHog on October 17, 2017, 09:56:12 am
Unfortunately, I think CBB keeps his job at 6-6.

I have not really had an opinion on Jeff Long so far. He seems to be doing more good than bad. If CBB keeps his job at 5-7 then I will definitely have a strong opinion.
It would be interesting if we finished 6-6 and he kept his job.  I don't think that will happen, as I predicted 4-8 early on here and I think we only beat Mizzou in SEC.   But can you imagine the stark raving lunacy here next year with Bielema and we start the season with three wins, but finish 6-6, which is the most likely outcome?

If we have a coach next year we likely go 7-5 or 8-4.  The schedule is that much easier.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

It's not the win loss of the teams we lost too, it's how we are losing games we shoukd have won and how we can't come back at all when trailing at the half.  That's a coaching problem and not a player personnel problem.  I mean seriously, can we not win ONE game when trailing at the half in 5 years?  We lack proper adjustments.

HardCore

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 17, 2017, 09:41:21 am
We are the best 4 loss team in the country!

Come Saturday Night.....we become the best 5 loss team in the Country
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

jgphillips3

If Cole Kelley plays against Ole Miss, we have a chance in that game.  We will beat Coastal Carolina.  If AA is back against Ole Miss, I'm looking at the probability of Bret giving us something we've never had: two 0-fer conference records in less than 5 years.  Cole would give us a puncher's chance against Ole Miss, Mizzou and maybe MSU because even Alabama players were amazed how hard he is to bring down.  If AA plays, because of our woeful O-line play, I just don't see a win in the SEC...because teams will continue to beat the hell out of him, not because of AA himself.

Razor1997

Quote from: David† on October 18, 2017, 09:51:56 pm
If the defense would tighten up and not play so loose, we might win.

On second thought we will probably still lose.

I'd rather see the defense get burned for playing too aggressive than see a bend-but-don't-break defense that still breaks anyway.

hogmolar

hogmolar

Quote from: Seebs on October 18, 2017, 12:48:29 pm
Let me pose this question to the OP. What were your expectations and have they been met?  If they have not been met, what would you suggest be done to improve that issue?
Expectations for this year were 7-5 and currently sitting at 3-3.  I thought we would split against SC and A&M.  So only 1 game away from meeting those expectations.  They still have a chance to be met for the season just a little tougher road.  I agree with most that CBB loses a few games he shouldn't but am hopeful as a fan that he will win some he shouldn't as well. 

I think the expectations for us as a team to win 9-10 games a year is just crazy.  That would mean we must win all 4 non conference games and then go 5-3 or 6-2 in the SEC.  We have fans who want us to schedule tougher non conference teams but when that happens (see TCU) we have a chance to lose those. Meaning that our SEC wins would need to be 6-2 or 7-1.  That is entering Bama territory and we are not there.   

We have been really competitive (except for SC) in all games we have played.  TCU game was a 1 score game in the 4th quarter and some missed FGs away from us being in the lead.  A&M was a complete toss up game in which either team could have won.  So you ask what changes should have been made.  First and for most you need leaders on the field in key positions.  Leaders don't wine and complain and blame others.  They create the change that needs to happen.  They put themselves in a position to better those around them.     

I will always be for our team and players.  These KIDS bust there butt day in an day out.  If you have never played college sports    then you have no clue what it takes.  It no longer becomes a game, it is a job. I for one will be cheering on these boys the rest of the year in hopes that they win 5 or 6 games because they have worked for that.  If our admin decides to changes coaches then I will be for whoever the next guy that comes in will be, or continue to be for CBB if he is here.  I just enjoy and appreciate the work these boys and coaches have put in so that I might be entertained.