Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monk stirring the pot again

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, June 21, 2017, 04:26:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmodrum

Quote from: spe450 on June 22, 2017, 08:56:30 am
That's a lot of salt over a kid that you will never know and has zero effect on your life.  You make a lot of assumptions about the guy.  Why do you care this much about a Kentucky player?

The entire point of his post was "I got on Bo's show"
Go away, batin'

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Karma on June 21, 2017, 09:23:10 pm
Guy is going to be the 3rd highest pick of any person ever born or to play in Arkansas. But yeah, I'm glad Hogville has decided he sucks and will flame out.

If he had gone to Arkansas and had the same freshman season, you snowflakes would be livid over any mock that didn't have him in the top 5.

I hate the term snowflake....buttercup.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 22, 2017, 03:28:06 pm
Sorry I don't believe in karma. Too many terrible people living it up.
Hogs up! Covid down!

factchecker

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 21, 2017, 05:49:29 pm
But Cal said the NBA pick UK players higher just the went to UK.

Also, Chad Ford now has Malik falling to 11

Chad was right.

Guy is going to be the 3rd highest pick of any person ever born or to play in Arkansas.

Nope:

Sidney Moncrief   1979   Milwaukee Bucks   1st   5
Joe Kleine           1985   Sacramento Kings   1st   6
Ron Brewer   1978   Portland Trailblazers   1st   7
Alvin Robertson   1984   San Antonio Spurs   1st   7
Todd Day           1992   Milwaukee Bucks   1st   8
Joe Johnson   2001   Boston Celtics           1st   10
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 22, 2017, 03:28:06 pm
Sorry I don't believe in karma. Too many terrible people living it up.

The entire u of louisville athletic department is prime example of this.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FineAsSwine

Some dumb ass Monk supporter tossed the state flag of Arkansas to the floor while tugging and pointing to his Kentucky jersey for the camera.  :puke:
Hogs up! Covid down!

bville_hog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 22, 2017, 07:55:07 pm
Some dumb ass Monk supporter tossed the state flag of Arkansas to the floor while tugging and pointing to his Kentucky jersey for the camera.  :puke:

Marcus?

pignparadise

Scottie Pippen 5th overall pick out of UCA. Monk didn't have to go out of state. The NBA would have found him. I'm looking forward to Patrick Beverly  getting in his grille.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

Quote from: factchecker on June 22, 2017, 07:53:00 pm
Chad was right.

Nope:

Yeah, I wasn't even close.

rzrbackramsfan

Wow trying so hard

hawkhawg

Quote from: factchecker on June 22, 2017, 07:53:00 pm
Chad was right.

Nope:

Joe Barry Carrol was the #1 player taken in 1980.  Born in Pine Bluff.

razrbakr1

For what it is worth, Jim "Bad News" Barnes was the first pick of the 1964 draft.
Shout out for my home town of Tuckerman, lol.

wachhog

Well, Malik got his just rewards tonight....drafted by the going -nowhere Hornets. Love it,

popcornhog

Guy is going to be the 3rd highest pick of any person ever born or to play in Arkansas. But yeah, I'm glad Hogville has decided he sucks and will flame out.

If he had gone to Arkansas and had the same freshman season, you snowflakes would be livid over any mock that didn't have him in the top 5.

True.

Our fan base, Jesus! We're a bunch of damn children.
WPS

BadHog

Quote from: popcornhog on June 22, 2017, 10:28:05 pm
True.

Maybe but Monk is a punk!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

J-Five

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 22, 2017, 01:05:53 pm
Why are you so butt hurt about how others feel about Monk if it means nothing to your life? And no, wishing bad on someone else doesn't come back tenfold. Unless you also believe what month you're born in controls your destiny and the patterns of the stars tell the future.

It's simply an observation...like many do in here, I provided my take.  Sounds like I know what group you're in though.  Keep it classy....
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

NWAHog479

Get over it, he would have had to to do it all and average close to 30 here and would have been criticized for shooting too much. At Kentucky you couldn't sag off anybody they put on the court so he was able to get more open shots and practice against NBA players every single day. Our basketball program is in good shape, let the kid make his $.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: NWAHog479 on June 23, 2017, 08:42:49 am
At Kentucky you couldn't sag off anybody they put on the court so he was able to get more open shots and practice against NBA players every single day.

You could sag off of Fox and Briscoe.
Hogs up! Covid down!

PonderinHog

PorkRinds

Quote from: J-Five on June 23, 2017, 07:08:31 am

It's simply an observation...like many do in here, I provided my take.  Sounds like I know what group you're in though.  Keep it classy....

Your take just kinda sucked.

870hogfan

Malik is just another OJ Mayo type player. Nothing special about him...

Captain Morgan

Quote from: popcornhog on June 22, 2017, 10:28:05 pm
True.

I've been saying this since last April when he committed to Kentucky. I wasn't butt hurt and throwing a cry baby fit like many in here. I loved watching Monk play.

The traitor, the enemy and "I hope he fails" guys need to look themselves in the mirror and realize this is sports, entertainment and not life. The enemy part is most childish because its sports and not a war. I hope he goes to Charlotte and makes 100s of millions. Im not a hater of star players. In fact I would prefer to watch show stopping talent over average guys. Good luck to every SEC player drafted. 😉

HF#1

I have no take on this one way or another. The best way to react to this is ignore it in my opinion.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

PorkRinds

Quote from: Captain Morgan on June 23, 2017, 11:33:17 am
I've been saying this since last April when he committed to Kentucky. I wasn't butt hurt and throwing a cry baby fit like many in here. I loved watching Monk play.

The traitor, the enemy and "I hope he fails" guys need to look themselves in the mirror and realize this is sports, entertainment and not life. The enemy part is most childish because its sports and not a war. I hope he goes to Charlotte and makes 100s of millions. Im not a hater of star players. In fact I would prefer to watch show stopping talent over average guys. Good luck to every SEC player drafted. 😉

Oh look, another high horse jockey.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Captain Morgan on June 23, 2017, 11:33:17 am

Sure some overreact, but it's not like Monk picked Kentucky and moved on. He's brought much of the stuff he whines about on himself with his constant Arkansas references. If the kid would shut up and play, rabid Hog fans would likely do the same.

I think we had very good guards with Barford, Macon, and Hannahs, so I didn't care as much about Monk. It's his mouthing and talking down about his home state that has irritated many.

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 23, 2017, 12:42:32 pm
Oh look, another high horse jockey.

So, its okay for people to say they hope Monk fails, or that he is a traitor, or all the other things said about him, which are people opinions often fed by emotion, but someone pointing out that some of those things might be over the top or unwarranted, well that's some guy getting on his high horse?

Here is a question I asked at some point during the recruitment of Monk, knowing he was a one and done, would it really have helped the Hog program to have him for one year? His presence still would not have made them a final 4 team, so maybe they win a game or 2 more in the ncaat, and then he leaves. Had he been here, would they still have gotten Macon and/or Barford? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ShadowHawg

He is the antagonist in this whole situation. I don't see his name being brought up here until he runs his mouth.

To me he sounds insecure about the whole thing. Why keep trying to justify his decision?

I am very excited about our program and it's future. I think he is butthurt that the perception around our program has changed without his help.

Reggie Perry's meteoric rise in class rankings while being so pro hog may be part of his inability to let this sleeping dog lie as well.

Hawg414

The good news is he went to Charlotte.
So we are likely done hearing about him for a while.

Hog-Corleone

I don't care if he wins or loses, I don't care that he went to Kentucky.  He did, and will continue to do, what he thinks is best for him.  Which was:

Leaving Lepanto,
Leaving Arkansas,
Leaving Kentucky (early),
Rest assured, first chance he gets, will leave Charlotte.

The only thing that I ask is that he stop talking it, stop bringing it up, and all this will go away.  All this is all in response to something he said, not something that someone from Arkansas said.  Hey MM, You left, you're a KY guy now, own it, own Kentucky and move on with your life, shut the h3ll up about Arkansas already.  We know we aren't good enough for you, so keep us out yo mouf...

Out
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Hog-Corleone

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Hogfan991 on June 21, 2017, 04:26:47 pm
[tweet]877636437088247809[/tweet]

I'm glad that what's his name loves Kentucky, because he's NOT an Arkansan in my book.........................., or his brother either, for that matter.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogsanity on June 23, 2017, 12:54:26 pm
So, its okay for people to say they hope Monk fails, or that he is a traitor, or all the other things said about him, which are people opinions often fed by emotion, but someone pointing out that some of those things might be over the top or unwarranted, well that's some guy getting on his high horse?

Here is a question I asked at some point during the recruitment of Monk, knowing he was a one and done, would it really have helped the Hog program to have him for one year? His presence still would not have made them a final 4 team, so maybe they win a game or 2 more in the ncaat, and then he leaves. Had he been here, would they still have gotten Macon and/or Barford?

You've pretty much got the idea, yes.

98hogs

Keep that Monk azz out of Arkansas.  Your family an sweep floors and that's it.

HogBeliever625

Traitor is back in bentonville today

HogFoo

There is good reason to not like this Punk and his brother.  I'm surprised more aren't mad at Nick Mason.  It was he and Marcus who were trying to go around raising money for tournaments to showcase Malik.  When all along they knew what the plan was.  I've mentioned it before, my nephew was friends with Malik and he told me like a year before he was headed to UK.  So, that makes it obvious that Marcus and everyone involved had a plan.

I tell you what, as I have said many times.  I hate John Crappilarri as much as anyone.  But I will say that it was him who kind of made the Monks quit with their charade.  After Malik visited Fayetteville  that weekend, Portis was in town trying to talk us up etc..  ole John came up Sunday night after the visit and basically made the Monks lay their cards on the table and what was it, Monday after is when he commits to UK? 

As bad as I hate Crappilarri. I am grateful that he exposed the Monks when he did because otherwise, the Monks plan would have been to keep taking donations for these tournaments, and everyone would have kept thinking Malik was gonna be a hog, everyone would have been cheering him on at his high School games, all the while, the Monks knew they were gonna keep up the charade all the way until signing day when he would have had a hoodie on and unzipped it with a Kentucky shirt or suddenly chose the UK hat..etc..etc... They would have waited to shock us then.  But instead, Crappilarri came in and more or less made him stop it by coming out publicly for UK.  And thus, every high school game Monk heard the boos, and rightfully so!

Hey, that's fine.  Kid can do what he wants.  The way he and his brother did it tho???  Sorry that's not ok!  I mean hell, Mike gave Marcus a job until he got his agents license or whatever.  We had enough talent in this team last year that had Malik became a hog, heck, we probably would have been a final four team!!  The way I had heard it, Marcus was promised that he would be given the chance to be around all the kids in Maliks class and be able to try to use his new agent status with those kids.  That's if Malik went to UK.   So, for me, they are both ghosts. Hell, I had already forgot about this kid until he want to throw shade on us hog fans again.  I'm glad that he went to a stinker team.  I also do not predict that he will be a star.  His size speed, game are a dime a dozen in the NBA.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

LRHawg

June 23, 2017, 09:56:16 pm #86 Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:09:25 pm by LRHawg
Quote from: HogsonHicks on June 21, 2017, 10:53:59 pm
He's a talented player.

He's also a little prima donna biotch.

Had a chance to be mature and move on. He didn't. He's about to be a millionaire, but he'll never be able to buy back his roots.
He'll understand one day.

moses_007

Well we didn't need him anyway since he was a one and done.  Glad Monk, Fox and Adebayo are all gone to the NBA.  Hope UK's replacements aren't worth a crap this year.  It's high time Calipari has a terrible season.

hawgmasta

Quote from: LRHawg on June 23, 2017, 09:56:16 pm
Had a chance to be mature and move on. He didn't. He's about to be a millionaire, but he'll never be able to buy back his roots.

Very deep and very true, amigo.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Inhogswetrust

June 24, 2017, 06:43:24 am #90 Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:37:19 am by Inhogswetrust

That defines a whole lot of players in pro sports. Some of them never learn. Tot hem it is only about the money. Some of the pro players that do charity work and good things off the field and court only do so due their agents and teams ownership and the leagues pressure to do so.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pork Twain

June 24, 2017, 08:32:03 am #91 Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:09:29 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 24, 2017, 06:43:24 am
That defines a lot lot of players in pro sports. Some of them never learn. Tot hem it is only about the money. Some of the pro players that do charity work and good things off the field and court only do so due their agents and teams ownership and the leagues pressure to do so.
I believe too much credit is given to roots.  I left Arkansas when I was 18 and will never go back there to live, only to visit family every once in a while.  I figure his roots matter as much to him as mine do to me.  I chose to leave Arkansas behind for pocket change compared to what he is going to make.

He probably just thinks that all these adult fans should grow up and get over it already.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Inhogswetrust

June 24, 2017, 09:34:41 am #92 Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:44:58 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Pork Twain on June 24, 2017, 08:32:03 am
I believe too much credit is given to roots.  I left Arkansas when I was 18 and will never go back there to live, only to visit family every once in a while.  I figure his roots matter as much to him as mine do to me.  I chose to leave Arkansas behind for pocket change compared to what he is going to make.

He probably just thinks that all these adult fans should grow up and get over it already.

Roots are I'd say moreso about the people there as it is a geographic place. You saying you go back to visit family is proof of that.Our Daughter in Law is from Japan yet she has no desire to live back there but she also has strong feelings about it and has and knows her "roots" are there. It's to the point that her kids are going to an international Japanese/Asian/English school in California in order to learn their roots as a culture as well as what she teaches them at home. They also go back to japan for a month every summer to visit and a few other times as well. Heck that's one reason why they have decided not to move closer to us in TN. I bet MM doesn't think OR care about the adults at all or he wouldn't say or do some of the things he's said and done.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pork Twain

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 24, 2017, 09:34:41 am
Roots are I'd say moreso about the people there as it is a geographic place. You saying you go back to visit family is proof of that.Our Daughter in Law is from Japan yet she has no desire to live back there but she also has strong feelings about it and has and knows her "roots" are there. It's to the point that her kids are going to an international Japanese/Asian/English school in California in order to learn their roots as a culture as well as what she teaches them at home. They also go back to japan for a month every summer to visit and a few other times as well. Heck that's one reason why they have decided not to move closer to us in TN. I bet MM doesn't think OR care about the adults at all or he wouldn't say or do some of the things he's said and done.
The post you were replying to that I in turn replied to, said he would never be able to go back to his roots.  I was just following up on your comment.  Based on the definitions of roots by the last two posts in this thread, which I happen to agree with, his roots are exactly as they were before he chose Kentucky and Arkansas fans became butt hurt.

False...  His roots are as they were.

PorkRinds

I'll be fine if he and his traitor brother never step foot in a University of Arkansas sports facility ever again. Unless they buy a ticket. 

HogFoo

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 24, 2017, 10:11:16 am
I'll be fine if he and his traitor brother never step foot in a University of Arkansas sports facility ever again. Unless they buy a ticket.
I agree.   They both can suck it.  I figure Marcus will be a horrible agent.  Didnt even look and see if he was Malik's agent.  Speaking of Malik, i'm guessing he'll probably be in the league 3or 4 yrs before going overseas.  Im sure he'll have lots of hands sticking out from his posse.  Most notably, his brother.  Hope Malik took a course in money management,  or at least hires a good investment banker so that he's able to keep all the hands sticking out with some change in them. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

tusksincolorado

It really didn't work for Keith Jackson Sr....even though he tried extremely hard, and is appreciated for all his wonderful works at P.A.R.K., Keith Jr. will always be famous and loved for
his "scoop and score" run!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pork Twain on June 24, 2017, 10:08:09 am
The post you were replying to that I in turn replied to, said he would never be able to go back to his roots.  I was just following up on your comment.  Based on the definitions of roots by the last two posts in this thread, which I happen to agree with, his roots are exactly as they were before he chose Kentucky and Arkansas fans became butt hurt.

False...  His roots are as they were.

Roots don't have to be strictly family. It is for most people the most important though. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 24, 2017, 11:37:56 pm
Roots don't have to be strictly family. It is for most people the most important though. 
Point stands that those that are important to him, likely still are and those that do not matter, likely still don't.

factchecker

This guy?

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS