Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring Game on SEC Network

Started by parallaxpig, April 29, 2017, 07:27:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2017, 01:34:28 pm
Obviously, that's why you are a high school referee, duh.....

No, I'm an official because of my 20-800 vision.   (don't tell anybody, 'cause that's the truth.)
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

RebelW

Dejon Harris is going to be a STUD!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: LZH on April 29, 2017, 01:35:04 pm
It's like trying to watch the video your dad took of your trip to Six Flags.....

Uh, my dad took slides of me at Six Flags.  I'm not sure video existed then.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 01:37:35 pm
No, I'm an official because of my 20-800 vision.   (don't tell anybody, 'cause that's the truth.)

Let's try not to rely on the truth around here, it just messes up the facts.

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2017, 01:36:57 pm
I thought the initial x-rays in 2015 said that they needed to do immediate surgery, which they did.

I can't remember.  Jason is usually pretty good about reporting stuff.  He did a story about the whole process and previously interviewed the doctor who did RWIII's surgery.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: thebignasty on April 29, 2017, 01:40:48 pm
Dre was good there.

Yes he was.  Very impressive and inspirational young man.

LZH

#14 has pretty good footwork for a Freshman.....

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: RebelW on April 29, 2017, 01:38:31 pm
Dejon Harris is going to be a STUD!

Dejon and Bijhon.  Sounds like a mustard company.

LZH

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 01:38:50 pm

Slides were alot easier to watch/see than 8mm....

Jackrabbit Hog

Trey Flowers rocking the bling and Red Sox jersey. 

Potential recruits have gotten to see and hear some greats today.   And Stoerner too.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 01:38:50 pm

Pretty sure they only had Five Flags back then.

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2017, 01:36:57 pm
I thought the initial x-rays in 2015 said that they needed to do immediate surgery, which they did.

If my memory is right - x-rays were normal but doc insisted on MRI.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

longpig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 01:47:39 pm
Trey Flowers rocking the bling and Red Sox jersey. 

Potential recruits have gotten to see and hear some greats today.   And Stoerner too.

teh Baz not present?
Don't be scared, be smart.

LZH

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2017, 01:47:50 pm
Pretty sure they only had Five Flags back then.

The Texas Tornado was just a spring shower.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jackrabbit Hog

To all, I will eat crow and state that it wasn't as boring as I thought it was going to be. 

But I still wish the weather had cooperated.

factchecker

Walk-On Tobias Enlow with the walk off touchdown reception!
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on April 29, 2017, 01:54:06 pm
If my memory is right - x-rays were normal but doc insisted on MRI.

Could be right, I just remember they did surgery pretty soon after he was admitted.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 02:01:55 pm
To all, I will eat crow and state that it wasn't as boring as I thought it was going to be. 

It was boring in that we would have been tackling, except for the QB's. It's hard to get a read when they touch/thud. We've seen our guys break arm tackles, and miss those, so a little hard to gauge everything.

Kevin

I liked it better. Watching the individual drills was great
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2017, 02:06:58 pm
It was boring in that we would have been tackling, except for the QB's. It's hard to get a read when they touch/thud. We've seen our guys break arm tackles, and miss those, so a little hard to gauge everything.

Well, spring practice is for the coaches, not the fans.  I really don't mind them staying away from heavy contact this time of year.  I just wish they'd go full out in the fall more often.  Yeah, I know they're concerned about injuries, but my goodness we've led the NCAA in missed tackles for several years now.

AirForceHog

Like many have said it's hard to really tell but I thought the defense seemed going the right direction. They made a lot of plays. Oh and froholdt still looks lost to me.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 02:01:55 pm

Enjoyed watching. Was impressed with the athleticism of the LBs and secondary.  Think Jemario Bell has found his position. 

Hogs will be a good football team. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

TheRazorback500

I like the way Cantrell is playing. He brings maturity to the TE position.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

jcbville

First I hope and pray RWIII is ok.

And 2nd what little I got to watch of it I really like the energy I saw from CPR and his players.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Deep Shoat

I actually enjoyed this format.  The camera works sucked, but we saw a lot of the day to day intensity and grind of college football. 

And most importantly, there is no way people can over react to what we saw today, either positively or negatively.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 29, 2017, 03:32:19 pm
And most importantly, there is no way people can over react to what we saw today, either positively or negatively.

Boy, do you ever underestimate Hogville...

VenturaHog

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 29, 2017, 12:20:57 pm
The same guys complaining about watching this are the first ones to complain once the season starts. No clue what they're seeing, but they sure are pissed about it.

No worries. I'm sure there's a cooking show they can flip the channel to.

I split-screen the practice with American Pickers. They were negotiating some cool bicycle parts. Actually, I tuned in late. I read about Rawleigh's stinger before I got home. That was the very first thing I saw...which wasn't the way to start the afternoon of Hog football.

Anyone know if they're planning on re-running this throughout the week?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

wacohogbill

Midnight to 2AM. Didn't check for other times.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: LZH on April 29, 2017, 01:55:17 pm
He wanted an appearance fee.
nah, the glamour photos he keeps in the back seat of his car that he uses to give to teenage girls got wet today....so he left
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

code red

The defense was embarrassing imho
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

azhog10

Foholdt looked bad. Thought our defense looked much better than I thought it would.

go hogues

Quote from: azhog10 on April 29, 2017, 09:01:20 pm
Foholdt looked bad. Thought our defense looked much better than I thought it would.
Who's Foholdt?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

wildhogman

Quote from: code red on April 29, 2017, 08:59:19 pm
Just curious if you read this thread or just jumped in to post your typical negativity.  I understood it to be the defense wasn't allowed to tackle. So how can you gauge if they looked bad or not?  Several plays I saw were blown dead because of disruption caused by that embarrassing defense

Deep Shoat

Quote from: azhog10 on April 29, 2017, 09:01:20 pm
Froholdt had, exactly, one play where he blew it.  He knew it, and the camera followed him around to show how much he knew it.  He didn't "look bad". 

Good grief, what a drama queen.  You have no earthly idea how the D actually looked because there was NO TACKLING!  On about 90% of the plays, they were all around the ball.  Would they have made the play?  I don't know.  But they were in good position to when the play was blown dead.

All Gas, No Brakes!

MuskogeeHogFan

You couldn't tell one way or the other about the defense from this quasi-scrimmage that really wasn't all that "live" in nature. 
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 30, 2017, 05:58:40 am
Froholdt had, exactly, one play where he blew it.  He knew it, and the camera followed him around to show how much he knew it. 

He actually had two....in a row.  Bad ones, too - which is a reason why I keep harping about our actual talent level on the OL (offensively, anyway).  I understand he's big and strong, but he really whiffed on those plays.  No offense to the kid, however, if that is one of our best five, are we still in trouble?  And moreover, by year five, shouldn't we be deeper by now?  I thought we were loaded with 4 star talent on the OL.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LZH on April 30, 2017, 09:01:14 am
He actually had two....in a row.  Bad ones, too - which is a reason why I keep harping about our actual talent level on the OL (offensively, anyway).  I understand he's big and strong, but he really whiffed on those plays.  No offense to the kid, however, if that is one of our best five, are we still in trouble?  And moreover, by year five, shouldn't we be deeper by now?  I thought we were loaded with 4 star talent on the OL.

Well let's not even get into talking about how many times a RB didn't follow his blocker, ran to the wrong hole, missed picking up a block on a blitz, etc. Yet we believe we have some pretty doggone good RB's. Just because the kid made 2 mistakes or even 3, doesn't mean he isn't good or won't be good this coming season. Everyone makes mistakes, like a QB trying to force a ball into a small window and instead throwing an INT (or three) in one game.

As for stars on the O-Line, that is probably one place where it is far more difficult to rate players as a 3 or a 4 star and the margin for error is slim. Former 3 stars can be just as productive as a kid that was ranked a 4 star at the college level.
Go Hogs Go!

This is not the thread for you rich folks to brag about going to Six Flags in your younger years.  You should be more sensitive about us folks who could only dream about such a fabulous outing.

LZH

Quote from: 12247 on April 30, 2017, 09:43:01 am
This is not the thread for you rich folks to brag about going to Six Flags in your younger years.  You should be more sensitive about us folks who could only dream about such a fabulous outing.

What?

ricepig