Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Longhorns officially suck

Started by Mike Irwin, March 19, 2017, 04:48:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on March 22, 2017, 11:42:18 am
I don't care who you root for, but the Hogs aren't working out for you. Spending all day every day repeating the same inflammatory garbage for the sake of getting more attention makes you one sick puppy.

They're not working out for a lot of folks, but you shouldn't stop being a fan because you feel that way, should you?  I thought you were supposed to stick with your team through thick and thin?

Btw, they're "working out" as expected.  I'm not disappointed with how things are going.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 22, 2017, 08:07:37 am
We have a rivalry with Bama?

Well let me just say they are getting even for my many comments when Shula was there.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

lasthog

Quote from: HamSammich on March 21, 2017, 05:35:37 pm
Correct My response defines me. I carefully think out all posts before I type. I try to stay neutral and give insight. And I don't care if my opinion makes others upset. My response does define me.

Don't get mad bub, you are the person that started a thread of low hangin fruit that dreamed of 1000 "WPS" or "Hell yeah!" replies.

The fact is that Texas football is in better standing than Arkansas right now. And to pile on a team that will likely be playing for a national title next year seems short sighted and... well.... normal.

I somewhat like CBB. But Herman is a far far better coach. There is a reason Texas backed up the brinks truck for him and not CBB. He won a NC basically because of his play calls.... he worked frigging  miracles at Houston (I'm a season ticket holder of) and showed he could recruit at Arkansas level at HOUSTON.

And let me tell you something else you could have researched... Strong recruited GOOD, solid men that work hard... and a lot of them. Texas overall talent is as good as anyone in the nation. Let that sink in.

Herman is better than CBB but that's not saying CBB is bad.
Texas players are all far more highly recruited than Arkansas players... not saying our players are bad.

Texas football does not "officially suck" and I'm not sure which I find more comical... the thread or you getting mad.

That being said- screw texas.

Beautiful, flowing prose.  I think it is obvious you gave much thought to this insightful post.

Now, try it again with NO ellipses. Also, if one must resort to the use of ellipses in an essay such as yours, it is important to be especially careful to NEVER have more than three dots!

And please do not call MI "bub" without capitalizing the first B. One may call somone a bub, or a bubba, in all lower case, but when addressing someone by either word, then they become proper nouns, and as such the first letter should be capitalized.

But anyway, I enjoyed your post and look forward to many more.

Regards,

Bubba ;D

hobhog

Finally. Hogs knew they would wn in long run.

WPS

goodguytex

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 22, 2017, 10:58:16 am
I think a few things happened to them. #1-Mack Brown stayed on too long. A common mistake that we have seen some very successful HC's make. #2-Mack got a little lazy in his oversight in recruiting and I believe even admitted that like Bobby Bowden, he got caught up more in "stars" than his staff doing a better job of player evaluation.

I'm aware of at least one mistake they made in not knowing the players that they are recruiting. There was this top 5 DT that everyone wanted who just happened to come from a Christian home. They brought him (and some other players) to a party where there were apparently some young ladies who liked to show off their assets and were also apparently willing to do "anything" to help Texas land big time recruits. Now imagine if you are a parent who has a Christian home and has raised your son to honor those values and he is subjected to this type of entertainment on a recruiting trip? Needless to say, it didn't go well for Texas. Oklahoma knew the young man better and provided more family friendly entertainment when he made his visit to Norman.

Now if they made that mistake because they didn't know their recruit better, you know that they made other mistakes on other recruits as well. I'd say that they somehow lost their focus and stopped doing the things that had helped make them successful in the past.

To further illustrate this, they were 48-17 (.738) from 2007-2011 and had 16 kids drafted in Rds 1-3. From 2012-2016 they went 33-30 (.524) and had just 4 kids drafted in Rds 1-3.

Charlie Strong was the wrong hire for Texas. I think he is a skilled coach, but he was just not a good fit from a personality standpoint for a job like Texas.

I'm not sure if their current hire is going to get it turned around in Austin, but I'll bet they will be a lot better than they have been in the recent past.
I think your analysis is dead on. Texass should've done like Patterson did at TCU.. he did have an older school style of play that stressed defense as the way to win. With running over the top of you.

When he saw the landscape changing in HS recruiting in the state of Texas, as well as needing to join the Big 12, he made decisions to change the program offensively by hiring OC that run an offense geared more toward the talent they need to get in HS recruiting in Texas. It's worked for them for the most part.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: HamSammich on March 21, 2017, 05:35:37 pm
Correct My response defines me. I carefully think out all posts before I type. I try to stay neutral and give insight. And I don't care if my opinion makes others upset. My response does define me.

Don't get mad bub, you are the person that started a thread of low hangin fruit that dreamed of 1000 "WPS" or "Hell yeah!" replies.

The fact is that Texas football is in better standing than Arkansas right now. And to pile on a team that will likely be playing for a national title next year seems short sighted and... well.... normal.

I somewhat like CBB. But Herman is a far far better coach. There is a reason Texas backed up the brinks truck for him and not CBB. He won a NC basically because of his play calls.... he worked frigging  miracles at Houston (I'm a season ticket holder of) and showed he could recruit at Arkansas level at HOUSTON.

And let me tell you something else you could have researched... Strong recruited GOOD, solid men that work hard... and a lot of them. Texas overall talent is as good as anyone in the nation. Let that sink in.

Herman is better than CBB but that's not saying CBB is bad.
Texas players are all far more highly recruited than Arkansas players... not saying our players are bad.

Texas football does not "officially suck" and I'm not sure which I find more comical... the thread or you getting mad.

That being said- screw texas.
I'm not mad. You defined yourself. You don't like Arkansas' football program to the point where it you apparently take pleasure in ignoring the Longhorn's issues to focus on Arkansas' problems.

Your contention that Texas currently has better standing in football is laughable. Over the least three seasons Arkansas is 22-17 in football playing in the SEC West. Texas is 16-21 in the weaker Big 12. Arkansas won the only head-to-head meeting between the two teams 31-7.

BTW the thread refers to Texas in football, basketball and baseball. With their recruiting base and resources there is zero excuse for them to have a losing record in the two major sports and an average mark in baseball all in the same academic year.

As for your "research" reference I made no comment on the character of any of their athletes. I really don't care who Charlie Strong recruited. I simply pointed out that they are on the skids. A few years ago that would not have seemed possible.

National title next year in football? What planet do you live on?

umpqua

December 6, 1969. The day I started hating Texass. I was 10 years old.

dallashog83

Any day that texas loses is a Great Day!

goodguytex

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 24, 2017, 06:39:01 pm
I'm not mad. You defined yourself. You don't like Arkansas' football program to the point where it you apparently take pleasure in ignoring the Longhorn's issues to focus on Arkansas' problems.

Your contention that Texas currently has better standing in football is laughable. Over the least three seasons Arkansas is 22-17 in football playing in the SEC West. Texas is 16-21 in the weaker Big 12. Arkansas won the only head-to-head meeting between the two teams 31-7.

BTW the thread refers to Texas in football, basketball and baseball. With their recruiting base and resources there is zero excuse for them to have a losing record in the two major sports and an average mark in baseball all in the same academic year.

As for your "research" reference I made no comment on the character of any of their athletes. I really don't care who Charlie Strong recruited. I simply pointed out that they are on the skids. A few years ago that would not have seemed possible.

National title next year in football? What planet do you live on?
Yup. Nothing ham says should be taken seriously by any big fan. He seems like a horns and cougars fan to me. No shame in that. He should just own up to it and stop trying to pretend to be a Hog fan.

bennyl08

Quote from: dallashog83 on March 24, 2017, 06:48:07 pm
Any day that texas loses is a Great Day!

... searches for a day such as 9/11 or pearl harbor where texas played and lost...
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

goodguytex

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 24, 2017, 08:54:35 pm
... searches for a day such as 9/11 or pearl harbor where texas played and lost...
Benny, why are you being so snarky and literal about what everyone says? You in a bad mood or something?

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bennyl08

Quote from: goodguytex on March 24, 2017, 09:02:33 pm
Benny, why are you being so snarky and literal about what everyone says? You in a bad mood or something?

I'm always literal about what people say.

The post you quoted is my idea of humor, the opposite of being in a bad mood.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse