Started by bennyl08, February 27, 2017, 12:56:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Seebs on March 07, 2017, 04:08:18 pm
Renaldo Nehemiah ran a 2.66 40.
Oops, I forgot about him!

Peter Porker

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on March 09, 2017, 12:42:49 pm
Lot's of words...you could have replied with "These go to eleven."

Then he wouldn't be able to display his expertise....
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

bennyl08

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 10, 2017, 12:54:35 pm

I said it concisely the first time. The poster still didn't understand. Brevity inevitably leads to the reader having to fill in the blanks. If brevity doesn't work, you have to spoon feed the entire thing with zero skipped steps.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Peter Porker

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 10, 2017, 01:25:17 pm
I said it concisely the first time. The poster still didn't understand. Brevity inevitably leads to the reader having to fill in the blanks. If brevity doesn't work, you have to spoon feed the entire thing with zero skipped steps.

By the way, I agree with you.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm reminded of something my old superintendent used to say:  "Don't use a four bit word when a two bit word will do."
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

bennyl08

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 10, 2017, 02:00:58 pm
I'm reminded of something my old superintendent used to say:  "Don't use a four bit word when a two bit word will do."

Ironically, it takes 4 bits to store the word "word".
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 10, 2017, 02:39:03 pm
Ironically, it takes 4 bits to store the word "word".
^^^^^^
The perfect response to illustrate the divide between the over 50 crowd and the young 'uns. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Ex-Trumpet

You did.  I just disagree with you...no biggie!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 10, 2017, 12:54:35 pm

I'm not disputing his expertise...he clearly has a lot.  I just thought maybe a 40 time with the pads they would be playing in might show a tell on how fast they actually play.  Clearly he disagreed with me.  It happens, and is why message boards are popular.