Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dusty Hannahs

Started by Modsquad24, July 04, 2015, 10:00:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LaDecima

Quote from: Lanny on July 05, 2015, 02:48:37 pm
I've seen him play.  Good size for a guard and excellent release and will play as much as he wants.  Will be one of the leading scorers

This.

TT222

Saw on Twitter where Dusty scored 17 for the East Coast All-Star team. Same team he played for last summer.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: TT222 on August 04, 2015, 09:40:50 pm
Saw on Twitter where Dusty scored 17 for the East Coast All-Star team. Same team he played for last summer.
Dusty needs to be Pat Bradley for us this year. If he can do that and play decent defense, we may surprise some folk...

Biggus Piggus

Paris, France - USA East Coast used a 17-2 third period run to defeat a talented Paris AMW All Star team 90-72.

Game Quick Facts:
- Syracuse's Kaleb Joseph led all scorers with 23 points
- Arkansas' Dusty Hannahs provided the offensive firepower necessary for East Coast to win tonight. With 17 points, 11 in the second half, Hannahs broke the opponents chance at a comeback by draining back-to-back deep threes against a desperation zone late
[CENSORED]!

bulldog04

We need Hannahs and Bell to be consistent and shoot a lot for us to win a lot of games IMO

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 10, 2015, 04:43:51 am
People with real names who don't post on message boards and are known to possess good skills at evaluating basketball talent have told me that Hannahs is much more than just a three point shooter. The notion that he can't play defense and can't create his own shot is bogus according to them. We will find out soon enough.

Can't be... the "Authority" on evaluating talent, say's he's seen him play and Dusty can't defend and he can't get his shot off .. I don't know why this guy is not a talent scout, he's sure got the ability.. you can just tell from his post.

HoopS

OLDHOG

Having seen both play, Hannahs is as good of an athlete as is Bell.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 28, 2015, 04:47:40 pm
Let me know when someone just Dusty Hannah.  Until then I am not interested in the young man.
My dad knows his dad. Does that count?

TomBigBeeHog

I always a little more for Razorbacks who are Arkansas kids. Been looking forward to seeing him on the court ever since he got here.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Razoryak

Quote from: Modsquad24 on July 04, 2015, 10:00:53 am
I was just curious what you guys that have seen him play think his role on this team is going to be? I know he can shoot really good, but is he a starter/play a ton of minutes type or a Al Dillard spark plug that averages about 10 min per game type? Thanks.

I saw him play in last years red/white game and he looked pretty salty, for whatever that's worth ...
Woo Pig

BenDial

I haven't seen him play since he was high in school, but PA was in our conference. I was not wowed by him to be playing a lot of minutes at a power conference school at that time. He's thick for a guard, and can shoot leaning in, going away, etc, but our guards got by him a lot and Hunter was cleaning stuff up at the basket because we got by him. I'm a little scared to be honest. Again, that was, what? Three years back? Could be a different player defensively.

billmontgomery10

Hannahs will end up with more playing time than Bell because Bell is the worst defender on the team.

The_Iceman

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on August 16, 2015, 05:34:49 pm
Hannahs will end up with more playing time than Bell because Bell is the worst defender on the team.

I don't know how he'll stack up against the other players on this year's team, but he was far from the worst defender on last year's team.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hawg Red

They're probably a wash defensively, but Hannahs is a better all-around offensive player.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 17, 2015, 10:00:20 am
They're probably a wash defensively, but Hannahs is a better all-around offensive player.

Really?  Neither guy has played a minute in the 2015-16 season, and yet somehow you just know this??

I thought Bell improved his offensive game quite a bit from the previous year.  He developed a nice mid-range jumper, and had a good year.  I expect him to make further improvements.

It frequently amazes me how some players become adored by fans, protected to an extreme, and have their deficiencies covered and excused ad nauseam, while others become frequent targets of attacks by fans, with every deficiency highlighted and every bit of contribution diminished.

I just don't get that.

I've seen it with Brandon Allen and our WR corp.  It's never okay to criticize BA for anything, yet those same BA defenders are just fine with calling our WR's crap over and over.

I'm seeing the same thing with Bell.  He's not an All-American performer, but he's no POS either.  What he brings to the table has value.  His production this past year was an important factor in the season the Hogs had.  He's never been in any trouble, as far as I know.  His attitude as far as I know has been good.  He's stayed in the program and given great effort, as much as anyone else.

And I'm already seeing it with Bell and Hannahs.  Mystifying.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hawg Red

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 17, 2015, 10:12:42 am
Really?  Neither guy has played a minute in the 2015-16 season, and yet somehow you just know this??

I thought Bell improved his offensive game quite a bit from the previous year.  He developed a nice mid-range jumper, and had a good year.  I expect him to make further improvements.

It frequently amazes me how some players become adored by fans, protected to an extreme, and have their deficiencies covered and excused ad nauseam, while others become frequent targets of attacks by fans, with every deficiency highlighted and every bit of contribution diminished.

I just don't get that.

I've seen it with Brandon Allen and our WR corp.  It's never okay to criticize BA for anything, yet those same BA defenders are just fine with calling our WR's crap over and over.

I'm seeing the same thing with Bell.  He's not an All-American performer, but he's no POS either.  What he brings to the table has value.  His production this past year was an important factor in the season the Hogs had.  He's never been in any trouble, as far as I know.  His attitude as far as I know has been good.  He's stayed in the program and given great effort, as much as anyone else.

And I'm already seeing it with Bell and Hannahs.  Mystifying.

Over-react much?

Hannahs is a better ball-handler, FT shooter, and slasher than Bell. They're both adequate defensively. That isn't me attacking Anthlon Bell or saying he isn't a good basketball player. I just think, from what I know/have seen, that Hannahs is a better player. Is that okay? Do we know have to think that every player on the team is equal? I don't get this place. It's become crybaby central. It's becoming not worth it to post my thoughts here because people would rather whine and cry about EVERYTHING than actually talk hoop.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 17, 2015, 10:27:37 am
Over-react much?

Yeah, sometimes.

It just hit a nerve I have, and, yes, I do over-react to that sometimes.  It's just very annoying to me how some Hogs become beloved and others hated, and an injustice to the kids who worked hard to give their best, only to have fans constantly put them down.

I've just seen frequent put downs of Bell on here, and I don't think most of is anywhere close to being justified.

Hawg Red

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 17, 2015, 10:48:59 am
Yeah, sometimes.

It just hit a nerve I have, and, yes, I do over-react to that sometimes.  It's just very annoying to me how some Hogs become beloved and others hated, and an injustice to the kids who worked hard to give their best, only to have fans constantly put them down.

I've just seen frequent put downs of Bell on here, and I don't think most of is anywhere close to being justified.

I don't have anything against Bell. I don't think he's the worst player on the team. I just think Hannahs is better. They'll both player and give us some good 3 point shooting this year. I just think Hannahs will do a little more than hit 3s. If Bell can do more than that (consistently), he'll have to show me. I hope he does. His defense has gotten better and he's shown flashes of a mid-range game and some passing ability. No consistency in those areas, though. Hannahs' numbers from Texas Tech aren't that great, but those were really bad teams and he was the only long-range threat out there. I think he did very well considering.

Maybe some fans are just frustrated by Bell's hot/cold act. When he's cold, it's hard to argue a reason why he should be on the court. He just didn't do anything to compensate for his inability to hit shots last year. All of those things I said he got better at (the mid-range J, passing), he only seemed to do when he was also hitting 3s. I think that's just frustrating people. People get excited by a 3 point shooter, so when a guy teases them so much, they might get tired of it. I honestly haven't seen any true hatred or personal insults directed at Bell. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen it.

hawginbigd1

Over-react much?

Hannahs is a better ball-handler, FT shooter, and slasher than Bell. They're both adequate defensively. That isn't me attacking Anthlon Bell or saying he isn't a good basketball player. I just think, from what I know/have seen, that Hannahs is a better player. Is that okay? Do we know have to think that every player on the team is equal? I don't get this place. It's become crybaby central. It's becoming not worth it to post my thoughts here because people would rather whine and cry about EVERYTHING than actually talk hoop.

BDH will get fired up on ya ;D. I really think more of his ire was directed at the top quote rather than yours! A lot of what he says is very salient, I think Bell showed much improvement on defense all around and made some great plays in transition D ( I can recall a few blocks he made in transition that were big time especially for a guard).
I said last year the team would only go as far as Bell went and it was somewhat accurate, the emergence of Beard in the middle of the season kind of shaded that somewhat, however when Beard faded Bell had to pick it up and he did for the most part. Bell will have an even larger affect on this year's team, I believe he will be your scoring leader for the season, and I expect his defense will also improve!

Back to his point however it is sporting to Bash Bell in here, but not Jacorey for some reason maybe now it is OK after his couple of off field incidents.
In MMQB you can't mention anything BA does less than great, but you can act like our receivers couldn't play for UAPB and that is OK!

-Blu

I'm excited about Hannahs, I think he's underrated in a lot of things he can do.  I watched him in the red/white game and at an open practice, and he was doing a lot of slashing and attacking the basket, when most people think of him they just think of a 3 point shooter, but that's not all of his game.  I think he'll surprise a lot of people this year, and probably be one of the top scorers on the team.

(notOM)Rebel123

After the PA Blue-Gold Night last night, a guy I know walked through Alex Hugg Gymnasium. Dusty Hannahs was shooting 3- pointers and trainer Todd Ross was rebounding for him. 8:00 on a Friday night....nice work ethic Dusty! WPS!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

WarPig88

Over-react much?

Slasher? I will have to see it first.

I watched him while he was at Tech. Never saw him slash at all. He was a stand still shooter at the time.

I read the article where the coach in Europe likes how his game has grown since last season. I hope he is as improved as reported. He is a big key to our season next year. He could be that guy that steps and takes some pressure off of Whitt and spreads the other team's defense out.

The_Bionic_Pig

Thoughts on the Texas Tech transfer who average a little over 7pts a game in the Big12.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawg Red

Hannahs definitely validated some posters' opinions and silenced other's doubts. He had a very good Razorback career.

WilsonHog

Over 1,000 points in just two years, and our leading scorer both seasons. And he left with his degree as a fan-favorite.

Not a bad run for a young man some posters said would have little impact on the program.

k.c.hawg

Back to eat my words. I predicted 6.5 ppg with a mix of 12-15 point games and 3 point games to reach reach the avg. Really enjoyed his 2 years, loved the way that guy wasn't afraid to take it on himself when we were down or in a tight game. Super glad he didn't settle on Tech for 4 years. An outstanding Razorback!!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: k.c.hawg on April 30, 2017, 10:33:32 am
Back to eat my words. I predicted 6.5 ppg with a mix of 12-15 point games and 3 point games to reach reach the avg. Really enjoyed his 2 years, loved the way that guy wasn't afraid to take it on himself when we were down or in a tight game. Super glad he didn't settle on Tech for 4 years. An outstanding Razorback!!!
Agreed.  He really developed in his season sitting out after transferring.  He developed into a reliable scorer.  Glad he is a Hog!
All Gas, No Brakes!

FineAsSwine

Was a day one Dusty believer. Glad he came home.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on July 28, 2015, 06:10:28 pm
Before the downfall of the team, I thought he would get 8-10 a game. Now, it wouldn't surprise me if he got 14+. He's gonna have plenty of opportunities.
Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on July 07, 2015, 07:40:00 am
I may be wrong, but with our lack of true offensive play makers, I can't see how he's not a main contributor.

Hey, got one right!

Hogwop

One of my favorite things about Dusty was that you could really tell he loved being a Razorback. You  could tell from day one that he was having a blast and I think that rubbed off on the team.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.