Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would it not be awesome... (OU lean)

Started by HogT, January 01, 2018, 10:12:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogT

To see BV come to Arkansas because he didn't have enough offense to beat Alabama tonight?  Maybe he and CCM are the reason for the Clemson success. Maybe he comes here to prove the point.

Bracing for the incoming smites...SMH
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

Diamondbackhog

It would be awesome, and who knows, maybe possible.  I will hold out a little hope until it doesn't happen.

ridgehog23

But, but, he can't stop Bama,  they're gonna hang 30+ on him!

B Ray

Quote from: ridgehog23 on January 01, 2018, 10:18:25 pm
14 of the 24 can be credited to the Clemson turnovers ..

WOOPIGDOOIE

Would be awesome, but don't see it happening. I say Sabin retires after winning the NC and Dabo takes over Alabama. BV stays and becomes HC of Clemson

ridgehog23

Quote from: B Ray on January 01, 2018, 10:19:31 pm
14 of the 24 can be credited to the Clemson turnovers ..

Sarcasm much?

rtr

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 01, 2018, 10:20:25 pm
Would be awesome, but don't see it happening. I say Sabin retires after winning the NC and Dabo takes over Alabama. BV stays and becomes HC of Clemson
Dabo would be wise to stay at Clemson.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

hoghevn

Quote from: ridgehog23 on January 01, 2018, 10:18:25 pm

Haha!!  No kidding, who wants Venables now.  He's past his prime & all washed up.  Just like Arkansas to want to hire someone after they loose a game.  Could the Chavis haters be know-nothing's?  Probably....
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: rtr on January 01, 2018, 10:23:09 pm

Seriously. When you've created that type of dynasty, why mess with it? Especially with their recruiting footprint.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

3kgthog

Quote from: ridgehog23 on January 01, 2018, 10:22:09 pm
Sarcasm much?

You are watching the game, right? A pick 6 and a short field aren't exactly the defense's fault.

ridgehog23

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 01, 2018, 10:39:37 pm
You are watching the game, right? A pick 6 and a short field aren't exactly the defense's fault.

Wait,  did Bama's kicker doink one off the post or was that some other game today?   Did Bama fumble once?   Dude, I'm laughing!

TNarch

Actually under the circumstances of this game, the Clemson defense has held up pretty well.  It would be all but impossible for any defense to keep Bama out of the end zone when their offense can't stay on the field and turns the ball over.  Bama certainly has not been able to put together long sustained drives with each possession.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hoghevn on January 01, 2018, 10:30:39 pm
Haha!!  No kidding, who wants Venables now.  He's past his prime & all washed up.  Just like Arkansas to want to hire someone after they loose a game.  Could the Chavis haters be know-nothing's?  Probably....
Yeah because this looks exactly like what WF did to aTm......SMH at the stupidity of that comparison

PorkSoda

January 01, 2018, 11:20:50 pm #13 Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:31:00 pm by PorkSoda
Venables has more talent at clemson, no way he can beat bama at arkansas with less talent.

All the DCs we wanted lost.  Venables, chavis, grinch, steele.  Offensive ones too. Smu,gus,norvell,leach..
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ridgehog23

Clearly I was hamming on people griping about Chevis getting point allowed on him his last game.  It was a joke.  It seems to me that Chavis, if hired, will be the biggest "name" hire of my 46 years.  Will he be any good?  To be determined.   I will support any, and all coaches who represent the U of A until they prove that they can't improve the hogs.  So, Go Hogs Go

Gonzo

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 01, 2018, 10:20:25 pm

As much as I would like to see it for the Hogs' sake, I don't there's any way Saban would split after tying the Bear and having the likely preseason #1 coming back.

Go Hogs!

Mjs84

Quote from: HogT on January 01, 2018, 10:12:59 pm
To see BV come to Arkansas because he didn't have enough offense to beat Alabama tonight?  Maybe he and CCM are the reason for the Clemson success. Maybe he comes here to prove the point.

I have said it since day 1.  The DC won't be announced until after Clemson is finished playing!  Hang on to your hats boys!

Mjs84

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 01, 2018, 11:20:50 pm
Venables has more talent at clemson, no way he can beat bama at arkansas with less talent.

All the DCs we wanted lost.  Venables, chavis, grinch, steele.  Offensive ones too. Smu,gus,norvell,leach..

Lol, by your logic, the only solution is to bring Saban and his entire staff to the hill.  Unless we get Belicheck

Philip Seaton

Honestly never going to happen. Embrace who is coming and not who is not going to be here. Your life will be much better.

HogT

Quote from: Philip Seaton on January 02, 2018, 01:18:19 am
Honestly never going to happen. Embrace who is coming and not who is not going to be here. Your life will be much better.

Hmmm that would be ummm get ready for it....nobody. we have no DC yet. So who am I to embrace?

I will embrace whom ever we get. I was not HCCM guy but after seeing what he is capable of, I am firmly behind him and believe he is a far better choice then Gus. But please don't say embrace who we have when there is no one there.  SMH
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HogT on January 02, 2018, 03:14:44 am
Hmmm that would be ummm get ready for it....nobody. we have no DC yet. So who am I to embrace?

I will embrace whom ever we get. I was not HCCM guy but after seeing what he is capable of, I am firmly behind him and believe he is a far better choice then Gus. But please don't say embrace who we have when there is no one there.  SMH
Look..! This guy got caught kissing our new DC.!

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 01, 2018, 10:39:37 pm

It was when our QB threw them for the last 5 years,,,,

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: rtr on January 01, 2018, 10:23:09 pm
He played wide receiver in college for the tide and won a NC. Was also a grad assistant and became a receiver coach there.

liljo

In answer to the OP:

Yes, THAT would be awesome. Like most, I think Chavis is a foregone conclusion. But, YES, it WOULD be awesome if BV were to join Coach Morris.

The fact that you were prepared to be flamed over this post is most alarming to me. After about two weeks on this site, I understand where you're coming from. I've seen people flamed here for misspelling a word.

Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: TNarch on January 01, 2018, 11:06:23 pm
Actually under the circumstances of this game, the Clemson defense has held up pretty well.  It would be all but impossible for any defense to keep Bama out of the end zone when their offense can't stay on the field and turns the ball over.  Bama certainly has not been able to put together long sustained drives with each possession.

Alabama got only 261 total yards against Clemson's defense.  To put that into perspective, Alabama got 314 total yards against Auburn in Alabama's loss to Auburn.

An aspect that got really solidified last night was the fact that against Alabama you have to have elite QB play.  Bryant is a good QB, but he is simply not elite.

Clemson has a QB coming in that is the nation's overall #1 ranked player.

https://247sports.com/Player/Trevor-Lawrence-61350

Lawrence has the potential of being better than Deshaun Watson.  More than likely both teams will face each other again in the not too distant future, and it will be interesting to see if Alabama can do anything against an elite QB such as Lawrence since Alabama couldn't do anything against Watson.

Kudos though to Clemson, to LSU, and to UCF for beating Auburn this season, who Alabama couldn't win against.

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 02, 2018, 03:23:22 am
Look..! This guy got caught kissing our new DC.!

Confirmed - Manti Teo's girlfriend is our new DC!!!!

opineonswine

Quote from: Philip Seaton on January 02, 2018, 01:18:19 am

Exactly

One thing I have noted about BAMA during the Saban years is that you never want to play them after they have lost, especially if they have extra time to prepare.  The most difficult thing Saban has to do to get his charges ready is to convince them they need to prepare, serious preparation for a game.  Losing to Auburn took care of that for him.  Defensively, no team is better than a Saban team if given extra time to get ready.  I expected BAMA to win the Championship but honestly did not expect them to dominate Clemson quite as well as they did.  I expected an all SEC final and I believe BAMA will beat Geogria as bad as Saban wants to.  Barring injuries, that BAMA D will feast on the running game of Georgia and the BAMA D backs will be all over the WRs of Georgia and their QB won't have much time to throw.  Saban can see this as a turning point game for his team.  Both defenses should be able to control the offenses in this game. 

GoHogs1091

Really no incentive for Venables to leave Clemson.  He is not going to have a mass exodus of his defensive players to the NFL Draft like he has had in the recent past.  There is a chance that his 2018 Defense will be better than his 2017 Defense.

Two of Venables' possible starting Linebackers could be the following in 2018.

Shaq Smith   6'2"  245 lbs. 
Tre Lamar   6'4"  250 lbs.

Rivals.com ranked both of them as a 5 Star when they were coming out of High School. 

Athog

Quote from: ridgehog23 on January 01, 2018, 11:32:27 pm
Clearly I was hamming on people griping about Chevis getting point allowed on him his last game.  It was a joke.  It seems to me that Chavis, if hired, will be the biggest "name" hire of my 46 years.  Will he be any good?  To be determined.   I will support any, and all coaches who represent the U of A until they prove that they can't improve the hogs.  So, Go Hogs Go

Points well made.