Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bowman to the 88 in 2018

Started by ImHogginIt, July 20, 2017, 08:53:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

I don't get it. He has never won a Cup, Xfinity or Truck race yet gets one of the best rides in NASCAR. One of the things I hate about NASCAR is guys getting rides they don't deserve. Just another reason NASCAR popularity has dwindled

riccoar

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 20, 2017, 08:53:11 am
I don't get it. He has never won a Cup, Xfinity or Truck race yet gets one of the best rides in NASCAR. One of the things I hate about NASCAR is guys getting rides they don't deserve. Just another reason NASCAR popularity has dwindled
He did really well subbing for Jr. so who knows.  Kenseth got booted from his ride by Eric Jones.  Jones does have a better resume though than Bowman.  I would think at some point sponsorships will have to come down in order to get more funding for the sport.

riccoar

This is from Jayski but gives you an outlook of what cars and drivers are facing for next year:

POTENTIAL Free-Agent Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Regulars AFTER the 2017 season

#43-Aric Almirola (contract ends 2017)
#37-Chris Buescher (on loan from RFR to JTG)
#41-Kurt Busch (contract ends 2017)
#77-Erik Jones (moves to JGR #20 car in 2018)
#5-Kasey Kahne (contract thru 2018 but sponsors leaving)
#20-Matt Kenseth (contract ends 2017, won't return to JGR)
#2-Brad Keselowski (contract ends 2017)
#1-Jamie McMurray (contract status unknown)
#27-Paul Menard (usually works on a year-to-year deal)
#10-Danica Patrick (uncertainty over sponsorship)
#43-Bubba Wallace (contract status unknown)

Racinray

I like the decision, I think it's time for some younger, new blood. The old guys are just that, old and don't race hard unless they have a contract coming up.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on July 20, 2017, 01:25:55 pm
I like the decision, I think it's time for some younger, new blood. The old guys are just that, old and don't race hard unless they have a contract coming up.

Plenty of young drivers with better resumes

holeinthewall

Quote from: riccoar on July 20, 2017, 10:08:00 am
This is from Jayski but gives you an outlook of what cars and drivers are facing for next year:

POTENTIAL Free-Agent Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Regulars AFTER the 2017 season

#43-Aric Almirola (contract ends 2017)
#37-Chris Buescher (on loan from RFR to JTG)
#41-Kurt Busch (contract ends 2017)
#77-Erik Jones (moves to JGR #20 car in 2018)
#5-Kasey Kahne (contract thru 2018 but sponsors leaving)
#20-Matt Kenseth (contract ends 2017, won't return to JGR)
#2-Brad Keselowski (contract ends 2017)
#1-Jamie McMurray (contract status unknown)
#27-Paul Menard (usually works on a year-to-year deal)
#10-Danica Patrick (uncertainty over sponsorship)
#43-Bubba Wallace (contract status unknown)

Menard taking his money to Haas looks likely.  Bubba ran well subbing in the 43.. Better results than Almirola.  Danica doesn't deserve a ride. I hope Matt can't find a ride.  Brad I would think resigns with Penske.  No better rides available unless he just wants more money.