Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did you grill/Smoke this week???

Started by BR, July 15, 2012, 08:42:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogPharmer

My birthday was a few weeks back so I fired up the smokers and cooked all kinds of stuff. The big Vision grill is brand new so this was the inaugural cook on it. Started with some poor man's burnt ends, then did ribs, a beer can chicken, bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers stuffed with cream cheese and pulled pork, BR's famous smoked mac n' cheese, and even smoked some black eyed peas. Overall, not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Boarcephus

Whole Foods has a sale going on for bone in ribeyes. Bought a couple of those and doing them tomorrow.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

kibster

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 30, 2019, 01:27:49 pm
Whole Foods has a sale going on for bone in ribeyes. Bought a couple of those and doing them tomorrow.

Good to know, I may swing by there on the way home.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Boarcephus

Quote from: kibster on August 30, 2019, 01:45:30 pm
Good to know, I may swing by there on the way home.

They have them for $9.99 a pound.  I bought one for my wife that was little less than a pound and mine was around 1 1/4 pound. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Boarcephus on July 15, 2019, 03:55:28 pm
We had friends over Saturday for our annual Bacon and Tomato Sandwich orgy and I made these peppers on the egg.  These things are great!  Also found a new whiskey. Put it in the freezer, put a little ice in a glass and pour it over and that's all you need.
What is in the peppers?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on September 06, 2019, 04:51:02 pm
What is in the peppers?

I fry one pound of meat.  Sometimes its just hamburger and other times it's a pound of sausage or I mix a half pound hamburger with a half pound of Jimmy Dean Reg Sausage or JD Italian sausage.

Add that to two packages Cream Cheese, 2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese,  TBS Minced Garlic, 1 or 2 chopped jalapeños, big glob of mayo and 2-3 TBS dry Ranch Dressing Mix.   Stir it all up and stuff the poblanos.  I cook it one the egg at 350 until the peppers are done because everything else is already cooked. 

BR

STARTING this weekend.... Let's see some Photos of those weekend Throw Downs..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ImHogginIt

Quote from: BR on October 11, 2019, 02:50:09 pm
STARTING this weekend.... Let's see some Photos of those weekend Throw Downs..

Brunch and pork butts coming along slowly

Bacon

Where are the PK Grill peeps at?

Smoking tri tips this weekend for the game. You guessed it, on my PK Grill. Can't wait

thebignasty

Walmart had a whole beef tenderloin marked down, so I bought it and made some filets with a pepper sauce.  Saved and froze the trim, think I might grind it for burgers some time.

Made an omelette this morning, too.

BR

woodrow hog call

Quote from: BR on October 16, 2019, 11:56:48 am
Did a cook for one of my customers....

Wow, nice. How many transformers I gotta buy to qualify for that? Course I just had OG&E hang one for me for free, but they didn't feed me.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Boog41

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 16, 2019, 01:04:54 pm
Wow, nice. How many transformers I gotta buy to qualify for that? Course I just had OG&E hang one for me for free, but they didn't feed me.

You don't have to buy any transformers.... BR has to have all of those to run his own set-up..

ImHogginIt

Quote from: BR on October 16, 2019, 11:56:48 am
Did a cook for one of my customers....

That pan of food is making my mouth water

BR

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 16, 2019, 01:04:54 pm
This customer probably goes thru about 300 a year.

Bacon

Where are the finished product pics BR??

Hog_Swanson

Another successful weekend on the smoker. 
24 hour brine.  3 hours on the smoker.  Homemade BBQ sauce.  Carolina style.
edit: if I know how to rotate the pictures, I would.

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

ImHogginIt

December 14, 2019, 09:54:58 pm #867 Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 07:55:46 pm by ImHogginIt
 nm

theFlyingHog

Got two 16lb turkeys in brine right now to smoke tomorrow for the family Christmas. I started following howtobbqright on youtube after trying his bacon-wrapped, jalapeno-stuffed chicken thigh recipe and found his smoked turkey recipe I tried for Thanksgiving. Did two 12lb birds and they went faster than the ham which is a first for my family. No more fried turkeys for this group. Malcolm Reed is awesome! I'll try to remember to post a pic or two before they get devoured

The Royal Ham

You're right about Malcom Reed, he knows BBQ. I've used his rub for years. Bass Pro used to carry it but they've seemed to have gotten away from the spice/sauce business so I order it online now.
January 05, 2024, 07:00:13 am
Thanks Hammer....I'll post another Saturday drank thread tomorrow...in the meantime, post anything you want here or ignore it.

Rev

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 22, 2019, 10:44:54 pm
Got two 16lb turkeys in brine right now to smoke tomorrow for the family Christmas. I started following howtobbqright on youtube after trying his bacon-wrapped, jalapeno-stuffed chicken thigh recipe and found his smoked turkey recipe I tried for Thanksgiving. Did two 12lb birds and they went faster than the ham which is a first for my family. No more fried turkeys for this group. Malcolm Reed is awesome! I'll try to remember to post a pic or two before they get devoured
I just watched that video.  Damn that looks good.  Were they as good as they looked?

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on December 24, 2019, 12:34:17 pm
I just watched that video.  Damn that looks good.  Were they as good as they looked?
Easily. They're a lot of work but so worth it

kibster

Game day:

Smoking a pork butt on the egg.  I stud it with garlic cloves, so they roast in the meat.  I then pull it off before you typically would for pulled pork.  Slice it up and make cuban sandwiches out of it.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

ImHogginIt

Just went through all of DeltaBoy's posts in this thread. I think this weekend I'll fire up my Weber and grill some brats, pork chops, hamburgers and I might even throw on some chicken in his honor  ;D

hogbud

Hogwop

We just smoked some Gorilla Gum, it was pretty tasty
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Boog41

Ok, I'll be the one that asks.  What is gorilla gum??

pigture perfect

I'm cutting the corner off my own apron and walking the walk of shame. I messed up country ribs tonight. How does anyone do that you ask?  I had to pull them out before the sides were done. They sat around and got dry. 🥺😩🤮
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Boog41

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 10, 2021, 10:57:55 pm
I'm cutting the corner off my own apron and walking the walk of shame. I messed up country ribs tonight. How does anyone do that you ask?  I had to pull them out before the sides were done. They sat around and got dry. 🥺😩🤮

:( :( :(

hogbud

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 10, 2021, 10:57:55 pm

Prob your worst critic.....folks I feed plow through it anyway.

BR

Damn, no one post in this anymore....  I guess I'll try to get busy...

Boog41

Quote from: BR on August 15, 2021, 01:06:13 pmDamn, no one post in this anymore....  I guess I'll try to get busy...

Damn, good to see you post BR. In my best Big Jake "I heard you were dead"

BR

Boarcephus

I'd like to post in here but they've made it so hard to post pics I said screw it.

Boog41

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 20, 2021, 02:47:05 pmI'd like to post in here but they've made it so hard to post pics I said screw it.

Yeah, I can't do it from my phone either, but it's because they are in the wrong format. I finally figured out how to do it from my PC.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: BR on August 15, 2021, 01:06:13 pmDamn, no one post in this anymore....  I guess I'll try to get busy...
Well it won't let me upload photos from my iPhone and I'm too lazy to use photobucket or something

hogbud

Cooked ribeyes on BGE and some chicken breast for dieting family members. Egg has taken boredom out of grilled chicken...it was fantastic as were steaks.

kibster

Quote from: hogbud on August 30, 2021, 04:35:32 pmCooked ribeyes on BGE and some chicken breast for dieting family members. Egg has taken boredom out of grilled chicken...it was fantastic as were steaks.

Love my Eggs!
 Ate some leftover chicken I cooked last night

BR

Merry Christmas everyone!  It's been awhile!

Boog41

Merry Christmas BR. Hope things are good up your way!

BR

Quote from: Boog41 on December 20, 2021, 12:30:31 pmMerry Christmas BR. Hope things are good up your way!
Livin the Dream Brother.