Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

McKdaddy

4-3 on the week; 9-11 on the season ( batting above my lifetime avg  ;D )
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

ed_wheeley

A buddy and I collaborated on a 12 team progressive parlay just for kicks. Your thoughts?

Baylor -7.5 vs. ULM

CMichigan +16 vs. Iowa

Wash St. -19 vs Colorado

Oklahoma -14 vs. KState

LSU -20.5 vs. Auburn

Louisville -13.5 vs. FloridaIntl

Marshall -2.5 vs. Rice

Nevada -8.5 vs. Hawaii

Arkansas -7 vs. Rutgers

WKentucky -4.5 vs. SouthernMiss

UAB +37 vs. Ohio State

Arizona State -7 vs. Utah

I was hoping these would come up naturally and independently but I'm too greedy to wait  ;D Hunting season is coming and I sure would like a new .270!

Dr. Starcs

I really like the central mich pick.

But I jumped on Kansas St when they were +17. I don't think ou covers.

wwwhogfan

4-2 for the weekend but because of the way I distributed units, I ended up down about 8% overall. Not sure yet what I am taking this week.

DadVader1

The Ole Miss line wasn't available when I made my earlier picks, so I just added:

Ole Miss -17.5 @ Tulane    1 unit

McKdaddy

ed_wheeley

I had Kent State +4.5, so I started off my week the right way! I have to ask what everyone's opinion is on Baylor-ULM. I went -7.5 on Baylor just because now I think ULM will start losing steam. Plus the rest of college football knows they need to be taken seriously.

Huckleberry Pig

September 20, 2012, 09:29:13 am #1157 Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:58:29 am by Huckleberry Pig
Only picked up one College game, did one 3 team teaser, two 4 team parlays, and one NFL game.  Really didnt see a whole lot of lines I loved so I screwed around a bit with the teaser and the parlays.  only puttin down about half the bank this weekend, wait for better lines next weekend.  tell me what yall think!

My official bets for the weekend are:

College:

W. Kentucky (-4) vs S. Mississippi -- 2 units

----> 10pt Teaser (2 units):

Arizona (+34) @ Oregon

Kansas State (+23.5) @ Oklahoma

TCU (-7.5) vs Virginia

----> 4 game parlay ($10):

Arizona (+23.5) @ Oregon

Louisville (-13) @ Florida Intl.

W. Kentucky (-4) vs S. Mississippi

Troy (0) @ UNT

----> 4 game parlay ($5):

Florida State (-14) vs Clemson

Washington State (-19) vs Colorado

Georgia Tech (-14) vs Miami

Minnesota U (-1.5) vs Syracuse

NFL:

New York Jets (-2.5) @ Miami -- 3 units

Bank:  400
NCAA Record: 6-5
Profit: +100
NFL Record: 2-2
Profit: +50
Total Profit: +75
1 Unit = 25

MS_HogFan

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 20, 2012, 09:29:13 am
Only picked up one game, did one 3 game teaser, two 4 game parlays, and one NFL game.  Really didnt see a whole lot of lines I loved so I screwed around a bit with the teaser and the parlays.  only puttin down about half the bank this weekend, wait for better lines next weekend.  tell me what yall think!

My official bets for the weekend are:

College:

W. Kentucky (-4) vs S. Mississippi -- 2 units

----> 10pt Teaser (2 units):

Arizona (+34) @ Oregon

Kansas State (+23.5) @ Oklahoma

TCU (-7.5) vs Virginia

----> 4 game parlay ($10):

Arizona (+23.5) @ Oregon

Louisville (-13) @ Florida Intl.

W. Kentucky (-4) vs S. Mississippi

Troy (0) @ UNT

----> 4 game parlay ($5):

Florida State (-14) vs Clemson

Washington State (-19) vs Colorado

Georgia Tech (-14) vs Miami

Minnesota U (-1.5) vs Syracuse

NFL:

New York Jets (-2.5) @ Miami -- 3 units

Bank:  400
NCAA Record: 6-5
Profit: +100
NFL Record: 2-2
Profit: +50
Total Profit: +75
1 Unit = 25

If you hit the $5 4 team parlay, how much do you win?
SOOIE

Huckleberry Pig

The $5 parlay pays $50 and the $10 parlay pays $100.  Pretty much a 4-team parlay pays 10-1

Huckleberry Pig

I propably shoulda stuck with a 3-team parlay, which i think pays 6-1.  not reliant on so many teams but it was only $15 total for both bets so im okay with losing it

Huckleberry Pig

The one pick I really like is W. Kentucky (-4) vs Mississippi.  They are coming off a big win @ Kentucky and are coming home to play S. Mississippi.  W. Kentucky will be amped up from the win and I'm sure the atmosphere of the stadium will be great (for them) with the fans pumped from the win as well.

DadVader1

September 20, 2012, 10:07:51 am #1162 Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:09:23 am by DadVader1
Quote from: ed_wheeley on September 19, 2012, 10:48:47 pm
I have to ask what everyone's opinion is on Baylor-ULM. I went -7.5 on Baylor just because now I think ULM will start losing steam. Plus the rest of college football knows they need to be taken seriously.

I like Baylor here too.  ULM is good, but I think they are over-valued after 2 good showings against bad SEC teams with no O's.  Ark had no O in the second half.  If Tyler had played the second half, the Ark game would not have been close.  Auburn has no O at all and still scored 28 points and got a W.  Baylor can and will score points on them.  I expect this game to go about the way the Ark game should have gone if Tyler had played the second half.

DadVader1

oops ... hit quote instead of modify, so deleted the double post

Huckleberry Pig

Boise State at -6.5, anyone takin that? or anyone takin BYU at +6.5?

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

ed_wheeley

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 20, 2012, 12:02:20 pm
I'm on Boise -7.

I think I might've done one parlay with BYU +7.5, but for the most part I'm leaning towards the Boise St. side. I did a 7 point teaser that made it even easier.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 16, 2012, 08:00:37 pm
Damn, some of these lines have moved a chunk since they came out.

Locking In

Troy pk @ North Texas....2*
Boise St-7 v BYU....1*

Watching for line movement in my favor
Oklahoma v Kansas St, its already been pushed down to -13.5, liking Oklahoma
Michigan v Notre Dame, its already been pushed up to 6.5, liking Mich
LSU v Auburn, moved down to 17.5, liking LSU
Georgia v Vandy, been pushed down to 13.5, liking Georgia

I shoulda locked in the Michigan, LSU and Georgia picks earlier in the week, all the lines moved away from me. Which means I'm with the betting public on all 3. Not a good situation.

ed_wheeley

I'm of the persuasion that LSU is a good pick to cover, even at 20.5. Anyone disagree?

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: ed_wheeley on September 20, 2012, 12:46:02 pm
I'm of the persuasion that LSU is a good pick to cover, even at 20.5. Anyone disagree?

No, I dont see how Auburn is gonna score.  Their O is atrocious

Huckleberry Pig

Huckleberry Pig

Have additionally added the panthers at -2.5.  Really like this bet, the Giants secondary is miserable; they needed a 4th quarter comeback and a career day from Hakeem to beat tampa at home; they will be without Hakeem, Bradshaw, and Diehl.  Im liking Carolina at home here.  it was a 3 unit bet

SPAL

September 20, 2012, 06:10:01 pm #1172 Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:20:35 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
BYU +7 ....W
O49...........L

1-1

Hawgndaaz

Wow. Took the over, then Boise -3 at half. FML.

Dr. Starcs

Yep, Boise ruined my streak. I had a chance if byu woulda just went to overtime.

ed_wheeley

Picked BYU +7.5, 2/12 of the way there on my progressive parlay!

Hawgndaaz

Why in the world would BYU go for two there anyway? 3 minutes left...

Dr. Starcs

I have no idea. Boise's only score was a pick 6. Kick the extra pt and go to overtime.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Well I am taking a week or two off.  I have never experienced anything like this crap run I have started the season off on.  I mean I have had really bad weeks before even two in a row during a season, but nothing like this.

It has me to the point where I love a line one day and then live the same game te other way the very next day.  Hell I wanted to play the college game last night and glad I didn't.  Would have gone Boise -6.5. And probably would have looked at the over.  You tell me before that game the final was gonna be 7-6 either way. I would have tried to have you committed to a mental facility.

Time for me to just step away for a bit and clear the head.  May sneak one or two in now and again.

I did already make a dime play on the Steelers -4 at the Raiders this week.
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

Well i learned a valuable lesson last night - never bet against Eli and the Giants.  My goodness I could not have been more wrong. 

Did win the BYU bet though but had way more money on the Panthers so im -2 units going into the weekend. 

Interesting bit of info for yall: Other than last weeks game against a crap team, Boise State has yet to score an offensive TD.  Both of their TD's against Michigan State and BYU were defensive.  just something to chew on.

The Hogfather

bosshog84

Is everyone on Baylor tonight? Seems to be a popular pick.

Got them @ -6.5

bosshog84

Also have:

Arkansas -6.5 - looking better now that Tyler is returning
Utah +7 - I think the Utes have a shot SU
LSU -20.5 - Hard to see where Auburn even scores this game

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 19, 2012, 08:16:31 pm
So far I've got . . .

Troy  pk
KSU  +14

Have added . . .

Vandy  +15.5
Rutgers  +9 . . . yeah, yeah, I know, I don't want to hear it.  This is money I'd be happy to lose, flush it away PLEASE.  But taking the emotions out of it, +9 is an attractive # to me.

Huckleberry Pig

added 4 more units to the jets.  gonna be a big bet for me.  7 units total, wish me luck!

arkirish

LSU -20.5
Clemson +14 (Even put a small bet on ML)

ed_wheeley

Quote from: arkirish on September 21, 2012, 12:58:18 pm
LSU -20.5
Clemson +14 (Even put a small bet on ML)

I'm not very impressed with who FSU's vaunted defense has played against, so I'm right with you.

The Hogfather

I like Clemson, too, but I can't figure out why the line is so darn high.  Scares me a little bit.

Blutoblutarsky

ed_wheeley

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 21, 2012, 01:30:55 pm
I like Clemson, too, but I can't figure out why the line is so darn high.  Scares me a little bit.

I think it will be a close game. Florida State is overrated in my opinion.

arkirish

Tajh Boyd, Andre Ellington, Sammy Watkins, and DeAndre Hopkins....that is 4 unbelievably talented play-makers, Florida State has played absolutely nobody. Clemson has the better QB and RB, this Clemson offense went for 35 last year against this "amazing" Seminoles defense....if Clemson doesn't win, they easily hang within 2 TD's.

ed_wheeley

Quote from: arkirish on September 21, 2012, 02:18:35 pm
Tajh Boyd, Andre Ellington, Sammy Watkins, and DeAndre Hopkins....that is 4 unbelievably talented play-makers, Florida State has played absolutely nobody. Clemson has the better QB and RB, this Clemson offense went for 35 last year against this "amazing" Seminoles defense....if Clemson doesn't win, they easily hang within 2 TD's.

I'm right with you. Clemson might even have more offensive weapons than Oregon. FSUs big dog DT is out for the year, too.

I just hope that Baylor goes out tonight and shows ULM what's up.

Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

MS_HogFan

Cowboys -7.5
Vikings +7
Bengals +3
Cardinals +3
Jets -2.5

I got these picks off of Colin Cowherd. He went 5-0 last week.
The sharks agreed with every bet he had except Jets. Said the best bet of the week is Cardinals +3.

SOOIE

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 21, 2012, 03:26:57 pm
Liking this game more and more....

my Baylor line is already up to -8.5 so i am thinking of taking the under 70 instead. that's a whole lot of points.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: MS_HogFan on September 21, 2012, 03:36:48 pm
Cowboys -7.5
Vikings +7
Bengals +3
Cardinals +3
Jets -2.5

I got these picks off of Colin Cowherd. He went 5-0 last week.
The sharks agreed with every bet he had except Jets. Said the best bet of the week is Cardinals +3.

got my jets bet from colin cowherd too, love his show.  You know whats funny, Colin said the Jets bet was his favorite bet of the week haha.  I'm hoping he's right as I have 7 units on it!

SPAL

September 21, 2012, 06:12:30 pm #1197 Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:28:03 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Got Baylor -8 tonight.......L

I really like listening to cowherd as well.  I like the jets, but not enough to play that game either way.

Since I went degenerate tonight and bet this game  I am also playing some tomorrow.  I am no quitter!

On k-st +14.5 / 3 units
Clemson +16 / 5 units
Uconn -1 / 3 units
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

September 22, 2012, 09:43:53 am #1199 Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:34:34 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
what a terrible, terrible backdoor lst night. Just a ridiculous cover.

saturday plays:
Virginia +19........L
UNLV +11............W
Clemson +15........W
Notre Dame -6.......W
Illinois -2.5............L
Utah +7.................L
Miami/GaTeh U62......L
colorado st +13.......W

4-4