Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest: Urban Meyer is taking leave of absence

Started by hvsupastar, December 27, 2009, 01:06:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hvsupastar

But taking a leave of absence, whatever than means. Per Chris Mortenson, ESPN
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

JONAS

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 27, 2009, 01:06:07 pm
But taking a leave of absence, whatever than means. Per Chris Mortenson, ESPN

Hopefully that means that Petrino will not be going to Florida.

615hawg

Urban had a change of heart. Now just taking a leave of absence
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!"
-Bluto, "Animal House"

hoghelmet14

how would espn know..... they miss more than they get right........
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

hoghelmet14

I hope so and I hope so..... I am already sick of it.... its all they talk about during every pregame show and between every play in football.... and I want Petrino to stay where he is... kinda like him there!

HogIT

ESPNews just announced this fact.
Follow Hogtrough on twitter: @hogtrough

Lake City Hog

Addazio will coach the team next year, which means that Meyer will still run the team.

duckman

As I said last night some posters on here love to over react. Petrino isnt goin anywhere this year and probably not for a long time. All is well.

HawgPyle

They just talked about this on espn radio.  Said this is what the AD wanted him to do in the first place.  Basically, one of the assistants will be interim head coach until he decides to come back.

hoghelmet14

good.... end of story? or does it get analysed for the rest of bowl season?

Lake City Hog

I wonder how much he will be involved in the daily coaching activities or if he will actually take a full year off and away from the program?

titanhawg

Wow!  Why didn't Nutt think about this while he was here instead of taking the "2 year pass?"  He could have let one of his assistants take over and have the team go 4-8...then come back the next year as the savior of the program!

Florida will beg Meyer back after they go 8-4 next year and miss going to the BCS.

Lake City Hog

Well at least our "Board" can settle back down and concentrate on the Liberty Bowl and next season!

Hogs_fan_for_life

Meyer could have waited til after bowl season to announce all this. He just had to have the spotlight on himself and the Gators. While I am sure this medical condition was serious, obviously not serious enough to keep him from coaching the Sugar Bowl. Sorry sack of gator turds!

idochog

Meyer getting lessons on media attention from lane kiffin. Meyer probably taking a leave of absence so he will avoid kiffin beatdown in Knoxville next year
I love Jesus!

TNhawgfan

If anyone is sitting on Petrino's couch right now please let us know what he thinks of these new developments  ;D
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Pigsknuckles

December 27, 2009, 01:35:33 pm #16 Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 01:37:37 pm by Pigsknuckles
Just reported on NBC. Meyer not resigning. Just an indefinite leave of absence.  ??????

Move if needed. Sorry.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Dr. Leonard Ford

mmhogs17

he has changed his mind and he will take a leave of absence next season instead.

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

traffordhog

He will be taking a leave of absence for one year, an interim coach next year and Urban back in 2011.  On ESPN now.

Justifiable Hogicide

They will have to double chain Retardo Danny down tonight.
He was planning on being the next Florida AD.

Speedracer

....annnnnnnd exhale.  Please lock BP up after this bowl game for a bigger buyout and longer terms.
Like smites bother me.

56Hog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 27, 2009, 01:34:27 pm
If anyone is sitting on Petrino's couch right now please let us know what he thinks of these new developments  ;D

BP's thinking recruiting in Florida for the next couple of years just got a little easier.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

December 27, 2009, 02:14:26 pm #24 Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 02:19:27 pm by HogsnCards
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4774134

per espn, sources close say he's taking a "leave"
ched come back pls

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

ched come back pls

regi

Tough to compare football to basketball, but this didn't work out well at Duke when Coach K took a loa in 95-96. They bounced back, but they were un-Duke-like for about 3 seasons. Could same happen at UF? I wonder if the Univeristy told Urban, no money comes your way if you resign? Next season could be a disaster, wan't hurt my feelings one bit.

Bryan (CHF)

Needed to stop the potential recruiting bleed out as well. I don't think he comes back to coach full time and this is simply a move to buy time.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

dfwsuidae

I'm laughing at the national media who spent last night and today with their knee pads on, extolling the virtues of a man who walks away for his health and family, and in doing so shows us all that it's not about money or football.  Now he recants because at the end of the day he couldn't leave football and/or the money after all. 

secneahog

Quote from: dfwsuidae on December 27, 2009, 03:20:47 pm
I'm laughing at the national media who spent last night and today with their knee pads on, extolling the virtues of a man who walks away for his health and family, and in doing so shows us all that it's not about money or football.  Now he recants because at the end of the day he couldn't leave football and/or the money after all.

hahaha love it.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

jgphillips3

Well this works perfectly for him whether he returns or if it is just to give them time to transition. He won't have to pay the price of Florida's rebuilding year next year. Florida will probably be lucky to be 8-4 next year and he can either return as the hero after a painful year by Florida standards or leave graciously after they find a good coach. Good move for him either way.