Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Hockey yesterday in Dallas

Started by hogfan58, December 20, 2009, 08:57:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan58

Was at the Dallas Stars - Detroit Red Wings game yesterday when an announcement was made that the UA hockey  team was going to play Bama after the game. Stayed around and watched the 1st period (UA down 2-1). Does anyone know the final score?

FWI...They are playing again today in Allen (north of Dallas).
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: hogfan58 on December 20, 2009, 08:57:21 am
Was at the Dallas Stars - Detroit Red Wings game yesterday when an announcement was made that the UA hockey  team was going to play Bama after the game. Stayed around and watched the 1st period (UA down 2-1). Does anyone know the final score?

FWI...They are playing again today in Allen (north of Dallas).

I still can't believe that we have a hockey team and not Men's soccer. We could get decent kickers on the FB team if we had a soccer team.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

guy8699

I know several former very good soccer players that attend UofA.  They could kick if someone gave them a shot.

PorcineSublime

December 20, 2009, 10:30:24 am #3 Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:36:23 am by PorcineSublime
Quote from: hawgsmellgud on December 20, 2009, 09:02:56 am
I still can't believe that we have a hockey team and not Men's soccer. We could get decent kickers on the FB team if we had a soccer team.
We could have a soccer team on the same level as the Hockey team. All you have to do is work with the University and let them know that is what you are doing. As long as you have eligible athletes, you don't need a whole lot more. Of course you have to find a coach willing to work for free, and the players have to pay their own travel/equipment expenses. Oh, you might also need to find a field to play on(I doubt the Lady soccer team will share).

Club sports (which is the level the Hockey team is on) are pretty much supported by the players on the team and their parents. I don't know how many SEC/Big 12 teams have club soccer teams, so you might end up playing a lot of smaller school teams to fill to your schedule. Plus it is a lot closer to Clarksville or Russellville than it is to Oxford or Starkville. Important because the U of A will not likely arrange your out of class time quite so easily as they do for the scholarship sports.

EDIT: after checking the ACHA website, it appears the Hogs won 5-3 and are now 15-4 for 3rd place in the South division. (out of about 50 teams).
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Wayne Watson

They need a webmaster to keep the site up to date but here is the Hog's site.

http://razorbackhockey.com/
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

HogDom

PorcineSublime

I figured that we might, but I wasn't certain. At one time we had a rubgy team as well.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: PorcineSublime on December 20, 2009, 03:20:34 pm
I figured that we might, but I wasn't certain. At one time we had a rubgy team as well.

Yeah, the rugby team at the UA was pretty good in the early 90s, but the GIRLS rugby team at the UA was unbeatable.

PorcineSublime

rogersvillemohog

December 20, 2009, 10:10:14 pm #9 Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 02:51:10 pm by rogersvillemohog
So.... We play SMS here in Springfield in Jan... Good to know!
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

ZAP743

There is still a rugby team as well...

razorback44

December 21, 2009, 01:17:10 pm #11 Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 01:19:20 pm by razorback44
Quote from: rogersvillemohog on December 20, 2009, 10:10:14 pm
So.... Wee play SMS here in Springfield in Jan... Good to know!

Thats odd because the MSU schedule shows them playing SIU-Edwardsville on those same days, Jan 15-16.  I wonder which one is correct?

http://www.missouristatehockey.com/schedules.php

Nevermind, after digging around on the site I found out that we are playing the Missouri State JV Squad and not their actual Varsity team.  Their Varsity team looks like they are actually pretty good.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR