Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus Lucas has committed

Started by Swine n Roses, December 19, 2009, 08:58:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swine n Roses

December 19, 2009, 08:58:00 pm Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:09:11 pm by Swine n Roses
according to PowerMizzou.com, Marcus Lucus has committed to Missouri...

Kenny Hawgins

Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

3kgthog

Bad career move for him, but we're quite set on offense. Have fun on the sinking ship, Lucas.

mizzouman

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 19, 2009, 09:09:24 pm
Bad career move for him, but we're quite set on offense. Have fun on the sinking ship, Lucas.

Nice.

Oklahawg

Better to have Lucas at Mizzou than at OU. OK, that's just a personal thing!

Best of luck to Lucas.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

athunt

December 19, 2009, 09:25:46 pm #7 Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:49:13 pm by athunt
I think Mizzou learned their lesson last year with Wingo. I hate to see it, but I have a feeling we will be raiding Mizzous closet before signing day...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Tristan-Holt-93556
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Music City Hog

He prob didnt have a commitable offer anyway  ; )

The_Boot_stops_here

that is disappointing but considering the family connections, not that suprising

Brewerfan10

Athunt, you know something on Holt or just speculating?

mizzouman

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on December 19, 2009, 09:57:24 pm

Holt is on his official visit to Mizzou this weekend.  Was told that he dropped his visit to Arkansas.  But, again, you just never know with these kids.  He may visit Arkansas next week and commit.  Who knows????

Music City Hog

Quote from: mizzouman on December 19, 2009, 10:02:20 pm
Holt is on his official visit to Mizzou this weekend.  Was told that he dropped his visit to Arkansas.  But, again, you just never know with these kids.  He may visit Arkansas next week and commit.  Who knows????

I also heard that he reaffirmed to Mizzou and cancelled his Arkansas visit.  Rivals moved him from soft to solid after he did this if I am not mistaken.

GoHogs1091

With Marcus Lucas committing to Missouri, it will be interesting to see if Coach Petrino and Staff "turn up" their focus on one of the below Wide Receivers.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Vincent-Sanders-75364

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Maudrecus-Humphrey-88996

There is an assumption that Coach Petrino and Staff are wanting to get 1 more WR for the Class, but perhaps with Marcus Lucas committing to Missouri, Coach Petrino and Staff might decide to totally focus on Defensive players for the rest of the Class.   

mizzouman

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 19, 2009, 10:12:36 pm
I also heard that he reaffirmed to Mizzou and cancelled his Arkansas visit.  Rivals moved him from soft to solid after he did this if I am not mistaken.

There was some mis-communication between Rivals and Holt and Holt felt like he had to make a comment on his committment. 

athunt

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on December 19, 2009, 09:57:24 pm

Just what I have heard and read on other boards. I imagine the coaches will turn up the heat on him and try and bring him in for a visit, but he is a big target, along with Eddrick Loften.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Eddrick-Loften-65148

OU just got a big committ from a DB out of California, Loften had been rumored to be upset with OU for going after another big DB recruit and many thought he might open his recruitment back up if both ended up committing to OU. I gotta think CBP is in Loftens ear telling him what he could do for this team.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Music City Hog

Quote from: mizzouman on December 19, 2009, 10:15:29 pm
There was some mis-communication between Rivals and Holt and Holt felt like he had to make a comment on his committment. 

hey mizzouman, congrats on lucas.  Dude looks solid.  You guys are having a fantastic class. 

linze82

Quote from: mizzouman on December 19, 2009, 10:15:29 pm

congrats on lucas, gonna be a good one
smite me bishes

COCHISE

Hence the renewed focus on Mireles.

athunt

Missouri has some serious talent in the state this year.
-Reggie Johnson

mizzouman

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 19, 2009, 10:20:08 pm
hey mizzouman, congrats on lucas.  Dude looks solid.  You guys are having a fantastic class. 

Thanks, however, I don't take a lot of stock in the those Rivals stars.

athunt

Quote from: mizzouman on December 19, 2009, 10:29:34 pm
Thanks, however, I don't take a lot of stock in the those Rivals stars.

Petrino wanted him, that should suffice, haha
-Reggie Johnson

OKhogfan1959

He was always going to Mizzou. Longshot at best. BP gave us an outside chance. His mom graduated from there and is still active at the college. I never ever thought we sign that kid. He's a great one.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LawnHog48 on December 19, 2009, 11:24:52 pm
He was always going to Mizzou. Longshot at best. BP gave us an outside chance. His mom graduated from there and is still active at the college. I never ever thought we sign that kid. He's a great one.

Correct.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jackflash

Hey we took a shot. Best of luck at Missouri

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on December 19, 2009, 10:15:19 pm
With Marcus Lucas committing to Missouri, it will be interesting to see if Coach Petrino and Staff "turn up" their focus on one of the below Wide Receivers.

There is an assumption that Coach Petrino and Staff are wanting to get 1 more WR for the Class, but perhaps with Marcus Lucas committing to Missouri, Coach Petrino and Staff might decide to totally focus on Defensive players for the rest of the Class.   

Armand Williams?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 20, 2009, 12:23:38 pm
Armand Williams?

Armand Williams is also a very good WR possibility.  Williams is visiting this Weekend.  At the lower portion of the below link, it states in the synopsis of the Arkansas Rivals Page article that Armand Williams is 4.47 in the 40.  If Coach Petrino and Staff can land Armand Williams, Armand Williams will definitely be a very, very good pick up by Coach Petrino and Staff.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Armand-Williams-93970

dougieritch

Nothing against Mr. Williams, but since we missed on M. Lucas, I wish they would focus the rest of the Recruiting Class on Defense.  WR is loaded, plus we have a few more guys coming in for this year's class.

mizzouman

Per Marcus, it was Mizzou and Stanford, neck to neck, then Arkansas.  They were at the basketball game during his visit.  Mom showed Marcus her banner in the arena and said, "That's my legacy, it's time you have one up there as well."  He said he agreed.  Said he didn't know he was going to commit during his visit, but Mizzou's scholarships were dwindling so he made the choice.  I think we would have held one for him.

Said he liked his visit to Arkansas.  Not what he expected.  The visit went better than he thought. 

Said Harbaugh recruited very well and was honored to be considered by a prestigious academic institution. 

Very humbled to be playing in the Army All-American game.  Said he's looking forward to playing with future Tiger, Nick Demien.

Very well spoken young man.  Does not sound like your typically high school kid, athlete or otherwies.  Has a 3.7 GPA.  Talked about academics.  Said Mizzou is very strong academically.  Said Mom won't allow his GPA to get below a 3.5.

The Hogfather

Quote from: mizzouman on December 22, 2009, 07:48:53 am
Per Marcus, it was Mizzou and Stanford, neck to neck, then Arkansas.  They were at the basketball game during his visit.  Mom showed Marcus her banner in the arena and said, "That's my legacy, it's time you have one up there as well."  He said he agreed.  Said he didn't know he was going to commit during his visit, but Mizzou's scholarships were dwindling so he made the choice.  I think we would have held one for him.

Said he liked his visit to Arkansas.  Not what he expected.  The visit went better than he thought. 

Said Harbaugh recruited very well and was honored to be considered by a prestigious academic institution. 

Very humbled to be playing in the Army All-American game.  Said he's looking forward to playing with future Tiger, Nick Demien.

Very well spoken young man.  Does not sound like your typically high school kid, athlete or otherwies.  Has a 3.7 GPA.  Talked about academics.  Said Mizzou is very strong academically.  Said Mom won't allow his GPA to get below a 3.5.

So, basically, he's a momma's boy and didn't want to shake the apple cart....

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 22, 2009, 08:15:36 am
So, basically, he's a momma's boy and didn't want to shake the apple cart....

Not hardly.  He did speak highly of Arkansas and was glad he took the trip.  When kids say they enjoyed the visit and was impressed, that's just player talk.  When Marcus says it, it's the truth.  Just thought you guys wanted to know what he said about Arkansas.

beansandtaters

Quote from: mizzouman on December 22, 2009, 09:27:15 am
Not hardly.  He did speak highly of Arkansas and was glad he took the trip.  When kids say they enjoyed the visit and was impressed, that's just player talk.  When Marcus says it, it's the truth.  Just thought you guys wanted to know what he said about Arkansas.

Hope he enjoys playing in that Big 12 North on National TV once or twice a year (if they make it to the Big 12 Title game) ;)

mizzouman

Quote from: beansandtaters on December 22, 2009, 09:30:13 am
Hope he enjoys playing in that Big 12 North on National TV once or twice a year (if they make it to the Big 12 Title game) ;)

Not sure he really cares, but thanks for the comment.  Oh, by the way, Mizzou played 6 games on National TV (ABC/ESPN) and 2 on FOX.  Other than that, we don't play much on TV. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: mizzouman on December 22, 2009, 09:27:15 am

That wasn't a shot at him.  That really does sound like the reasoning.  He'd get more exposure at Arkansas, but apparently that's not what he wants.  Good luck to him. 

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 22, 2009, 09:36:39 am
That wasn't a shot at him.  That really does sound like the reasoning.  He'd get more exposure at Arkansas, but apparently that's not what he wants.  Good luck to him. 

You have NO idea....

The Hogfather

Quote from: mizzouman on December 22, 2009, 09:40:33 am
You have NO idea....

Whatever.  You really knew a lot about the Missouri recruits last year.  Why would anyone believe what you have to say?  It is pretty obvious what the situation is.  He can say whatever he wants.  He wants to stay close to his mom and she REALLY wants him to stay there, to make his "own legacy at Missouri".  If I was him, I'd want to make a name for myself somewhere where my "legacy" wouldn't constantly be compared to what my mom did at that school.  That's just me though.

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 22, 2009, 10:01:12 am
Whatever.  You really knew a lot about the Missouri recruits last year.  Why would anyone believe what you have to say?  It is pretty obvious what the situation is.  He can say whatever he wants.  He wants to stay close to his mom and she REALLY wants him to stay there, to make his "own legacy at Missouri".  If I was him, I'd want to make a name for myself somewhere where my "legacy" wouldn't constantly be compared to what my mom did at that school.  That's just me though.

I don't thnk about whether or not someone believes me or not.  It's not that important to me.  If I cared if someone believes me or not, I would have stopped posting on here a long time ago.  I'm just relaying what I heard from him regarding Arkansas.  Just thought folks on here would like to know how he really felt about his visit.  If you wanted to hear it, great.  If not, criticize, it's OK with me.

Everyone, have a Merry Christmas, including you Hogfather....  Let's keep in mind what this time of the year is REALLY about. 

hognc2010

Thanks missourman for letting us know the young man was impressed with Arkansas. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: mizzouman on December 22, 2009, 10:15:25 am
I don't thnk about whether or not someone believes me or not.  It's not that important to me.  If I cared if someone believes me or not, I would have stopped posting on here a long time ago.  I'm just relaying what I heard from him regarding Arkansas.  Just thought folks on here would like to know how he really felt about his visit.  If you wanted to hear it, great.  If not, criticize, it's OK with me.

Everyone, have a Merry Christmas, including you Hogfather....  Let's keep in mind what this time of the year is REALLY about. 

Again, I didn't criticize him for his decision.  I'm glad (and not surprised) that his visit to Arkansas was better than he expected.  That really has nothing to do with what I said, however.  My point is; his mom put a lot of pressure on him to basically continue the family legacy at Missouri.  His mom was the biggest influence on his decision.  That, to me, indicates that he's a momma's boy.  That doesn't have to be a bad thing, although it is often used as an insult.  As I said, I would want to make my own legacy, not continue my mother's.  But, that's just me.  Also, as I said before, good luck to him.

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 22, 2009, 10:35:07 am
Again, I didn't criticize him for his decision.  I'm glad (and not surprised) that his visit to Arkansas was better than he expected.  That really has nothing to do with what I said, however.  My point is; his mom put a lot of pressure on him to basically continue the family legacy at Missouri.  His mom was the biggest influence on his decision.  That, to me, indicates that he's a momma's boy.  That doesn't have to be a bad thing, although it is often used as an insult.  As I said, I would want to make my own legacy, not continue my mother's.  But, that's just me.  Also, as I said before, good luck to him.

Mom did not put a lot of pressure on him.  He said that mom left it up to him.  Are you saying that Cobi Hamilton is a momma's boy because he picked Arkansas?  Mom went to Arkansas, didn't she?

I started this because I wanted people to know about his visit to Arkansas.

Have a Merry Christmas.

heatmiser

Could have been a stud here, but more than likely, will be a stud wherever he goes. Best of luck.  At least he isnt in the SEC
Arkansas Razorbacks

The Hogfather

December 22, 2009, 11:28:07 am #41 Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:30:27 am by The Hogfather
Quote from: mizzouman on December 22, 2009, 10:45:33 am
Mom did not put a lot of pressure on him.  He said that mom left it up to him.  Are you saying that Cobi Hamilton is a momma's boy because he picked Arkansas?  Mom went to Arkansas, didn't she?

I started this because I wanted people to know about his visit to Arkansas.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Yeah, she didn't pressure him at all.  She just looked to the rafters at her banner and said, "That's my legacy, it's time you have one up there as well."  That's pressure and you will not get me to believe that this was the only pressure she put on him about going to Missouri.

Every single interview he's done talking about his recruitment/commitment, he's mentioned his mom and how important she is/was in his interest in Missouri and his commitment.

And, the part about "just starting this to let people to know about his visit to Arkansas" is crap.  The only sentence in that entire 1,000 word post was:

"Said he liked his visit to Arkansas.  Not what he expected.  The visit went better than he thought."

That's it.  Thank you for that.   That doesn't change the fact that his mom was the deciding factor and most influential part of his decision of where to attend college.  That screams momma's boy....not that there's anything wrong with that.

The Hogfather

Quote from: mizzouman on December 22, 2009, 07:48:53 am

The funniest part is when you put chit like this in your posts and then act like you're just trying to be a good guy and pass along information.

We could be talking about this year's Cotton Bowl, between Oklahoma State and Mississippi, and you would say something like, "yeah, I really think Oklahoma State will win because the last time Missouri was in the Cotton Bowl, they beat Arkansas 38-7."

You're just too easy to see through.  But, you have a Merry Christmas nonetheless and may God bless all the children in the World.

mizzouman

Quote from: heatmiser on December 22, 2009, 10:58:44 am
Could have been a stud here, but more than likely, will be a stud wherever he goes. Best of luck.  At least he isnt in the SEC

I agree.  He had some great schools to choice from and would have succeeded anywhere.

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 22, 2009, 11:43:26 am
You're just too easy to see through.  But, you have a Merry Christmas nonetheless and may God bless all the children in the World.

Thanks, Hog.  You have great one as well.

Music City Hog

Mizzouman, I found it very interesting that Arkansas was third on his list.  Every kid in the world is influenced by their parents.  That is one of the many jobs of a parent.  Thank you for sharing.

mizzouman

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 22, 2009, 12:11:32 pm
Mizzouman, I found it very interesting that Arkansas was third on his list.  Every kid in the world is influenced by their parents.  That is one of the many jobs of a parent.  Thank you for sharing.

Yeah, he said some very good things about Arkansas.  Loved the offense and the facils.  He was very flattering toward the program.