Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Olive Branch Linemen

Started by geddie, December 17, 2009, 08:21:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

geddie

RD just reported on his blog that the big boys from Olive Branch, Coleman & Robinson, are visiting this weekend. 

My question is can we get more than 10,000 to show up for the bball game?  Think it would help!

regi

Well, Coleman is committed to AU, so Basketball attendance couldn't be that important to him.

Rebzilla

Quote from: geddie on December 17, 2009, 08:21:41 pm
RD just reported on his blog that the big boys from Olive Branch, Coleman & Robinson, are visiting this weekend. 

My question is can we get more than 10,000 to show up for the bball game?  Think it would help!

You've got no shot at either.  Coleman likely ends up at Ole Miss or sticks with Auburn but I'd guess Ole Miss and Robinson is likely MSU or maybe LSU.

moonswine

Quote from: Rebzilla on December 17, 2009, 10:32:09 pm
You've got no shot at either.  Coleman likely ends up at Ole Miss or sticks with Auburn but I'd guess Ole Miss and Robinson is likely MSU or maybe LSU.

Since you're so gdn smart how is that war in Afghanistan going to turn out?

Kenny Hawgins

right cause ya'll have so much influence at olive branch.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Everybody likes bacon

If they are taking the time then we have a shot, peckerhead.   

tiber

Thanks for your input.  It's very insightful and we're all better off with you around. 

Any other recruits we're looking at that will likely be Ole Miss bound?  Maybe you can save us some time. 

linze82

Heard Peyton manning changed his mind and is now headed to oxford. Trying to recruit Jerry rice as well
smite me bishes

cardinalandwhite

You do realize that the Olive Branch coaches don't care much for your coach right?  In his 10 years at Arkansas, he never payed any attention to that school.  Those coaches don't just forget that.

Quote from: linze82 on December 17, 2009, 10:54:17 pm
Heard Peyton manning changed his mind and is now headed to oxford. Trying to recruit Jerry rice as well

Hootie is gonna pass on Jerry Rice.  He didn't like his 40 time.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

cbjagman

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 18, 2009, 11:27:38 am
You do realize that the Olive Branch coaches don't care much for your coach right?  In his 10 years at Arkansas, he never payed any attention to that school.  Those coaches don't just forget that.

Hootie is gonna pass on Jerry Rice.  He didn't like his 40 time.
Well you might as well realize that he wouldn't like PM either. Not a good enough handerfoffer. 

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: cbjagman on December 18, 2009, 12:56:54 pm
Well you might as well realize that he wouldn't like PM either. Not a good enough handerfoffer. 

Actually, PM is an excellent hander-offer.  The problem is he audibles too much and Hootie can't get his team out of the huddle in time for the QB to do anything other than snap the ball hurriedly.

gohogsgo006

They are highly ranked players, so we will "pass" on them. We want the sleepers
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

LJHOG

We can fill the place for the BB game and it ain't gonna matter.  We aren't signing either of the OBH guys.

pigfunk

You don't know squat!  I talked with an OB coach last month & I will bet you any amount of money neither goes to Ole Piss!

wholehog92

The OP was informative, the rest of the thread was crap.

If a recruit visits the Hill, we have a shot.  I don't know how good of a shot, but we are getting a look.  That's the first step.  I still don't get the attraction Au, TXtech, Stillwater, Lawrence, or Oxford.  Those seem to be the schools we are recruiting against more often than not.  I just don't get it.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

jacksonhawg

Quote from: linze82 on December 17, 2009, 10:54:17 pm

HA! That reminds me of my Criminal Law professor in my first year of law school in Mississippi. He said, "When it came time for Archie to send his kids to college, he wouldn't even give his alma mater the good QB."

Still one of the funniest things I have ever heard!

3BoarsDown

You've got no shot at a winning season next year.

Rebzilla

Quote from: pigfunk on December 18, 2009, 03:37:34 pm
You don't know squat!  I talked with an OB coach last month & I will bet you any amount of money neither goes to Ole Piss!

Must be why they were both at our practice yesterday instead of showing up last night for their visit to your school....ooops.

You know there is some real interest when they don't even show up for the friday night portion.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Rebzilla on December 19, 2009, 10:32:15 am
Must be why they were both at our practice yesterday instead of showing up last night for their visit to your school....ooops.

You know there is some real interest when they don't even show up for the friday night portion.

woah! he decided to drive an hour away instead of 5 and a half hours on a friday night? that shocks me.

beansandtaters

Your coach has huge moobies. Oh, and your stadium is disgusting.

Table Rocker

Quote from: beansandtaters on December 19, 2009, 10:36:54 am
Your coach has huge moobies. Oh, and your stadium is disgusting.

and he spends all his time on an arkansas recruiting message board. that should tell you all need to know about who he is obsessed with.

Bubba's Bruisers

Yes, we know ALL the elite recruits are leaning to OM, and will commit if hootie can somehow find room for them, of course.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

OTTER

Your view on things would change greatly if you would peel your lips off the Mississippi Morons' arse long enough to see the real world!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Dr Swineglove

Thanks for sharing.  Come get your token.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

gibby

Maybe TCTWF promised them both a chance to run the Wild Webel?

The Hawg Marshal

The Mississippi state HS All star game is on right now, are the Olive Branch linemen not playing in it?

Ftsmithmike

Well it would be nice to know if they made it. I do think a school like AU, OM, Tenn get alot of these kids once they visit bc they basically host a huge party. Mean while Arkansas is all business. Only time will tell which attracts the better recruit.
In the end it will be about wins and losses and no coach is judged by his first two years. The measure of success will be who is the most consistant over the next few years. I dont expect Arkansas will miss a bowl under Petrino. I think we will compete for the west most years. Im proud of the character of our program. I think we are doing it the right way.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

3BoarsDown

It's funny how you come on here to run your mouth while one of your committs who we haven't even offered yet (Mireles) is on our campus right now on his visit.

Rebs had 2 nice years, its over, back to being a nobody like the past 40 years.

codeHog

Demaghog

Silly rebel
Have you forgotten
41-27?

Music City Hog

Quote from: codeHog on December 19, 2009, 04:04:27 pm
Shon did not make it ???

Is that for sure that they didnt make it?  I assumed when RD posted they didnt make it last night because both their mothers 'had to work late', that they were not coming.  Can anyone confirm it though?

Hogs12

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 19, 2009, 04:11:43 pm
Is that for sure that they didnt make it?  I assumed when RD posted they didnt make it last night because both their mothers 'had to work late', that they were not coming.  Can anyone confirm it though?

According to a different site, Shonn did not make it but Damien made it.

cardinalandwhite

Think about it.  They went there to kill time because their mommas wanted to go with them to Fayetteville.  How is that bad for us?

Steef

Reb,

Dude you're on the wrong board again. Those remedial reading classes aren't working for you.

Ask for a refund.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: steefhog on December 19, 2009, 05:21:23 pm
Reb,

Dude you're on the wrong board again. Those remedial reading classes aren't working for you.

Ask for a refund.
have you ever been to that state?  i got stuck in a craphole called rolling fork one time.  i'd be shocked if half of that town was literate at all.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience