Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiehl Frazier

Started by hogfan61490, December 16, 2009, 06:16:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan61490

I think he is my number one for the 2011 class. This kid is a game changer.He has not only SEC speed, but an SEC arm and strength

Bubba's Bruisers

Mine top in-stater will be hands down Brey Cook.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hogbody

Is he involved with Pinnacle at all?

I hope not

Dalt21

Quote from: Hogbody on December 16, 2009, 06:19:56 pm
Is he involved with Pinnacle at all?

I hope not
Brey is Somewhat, BUT he is in know way being pushed to Auburn, I'll tell you that right now.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: Dalt21 on December 16, 2009, 08:30:43 pm
Brey is Somewhat, BUT he is in know way being pushed to Auburn, I'll tell you that right now.
how did the bama offer affect his favorites?  is ou still in the lead?
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on December 16, 2009, 08:33:50 pm
how did the bama offer affect his favorites?  is ou still in the lead?

So after we offered, OU still remained his favorite? 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

El Puerco

Quote from: Dalt21 on December 16, 2009, 08:30:43 pm

I'm sure Pinnacle will herd him straight to Fayetteville. God bless them, every one.

hogfreak

I had heard that after the Alabama offer Arkansas and Alabama was his favorites but could be wrong.

Dalt21

Quote from: hogfreak on December 16, 2009, 09:21:12 pm
I had heard that after the Alabama offer Arkansas and Alabama was his favorites but could be wrong.
Kind of, he said that he no longer has a leader or Top 3, but that Arkansas and Alabama will probably be in the race for his signature at the end.

3kgthog

Can he take a snap or is Shiloh still stunting the growth of players by using the shotgun 98% of the time?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 16, 2009, 11:21:03 pm
Can he take a snap or is Shiloh still stunting the growth of players by using the shotgun 98% of the time?

do you ever have anything...ANYTHING...positive to say?...I guess Arkansas, Miami, Auburn, Oklahoma St, etc. dont feel like his growth is stunted

GoHoGsGo06

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 17, 2009, 08:06:47 am
do you ever have anything...ANYTHING...positive to say?...I guess Arkansas, Miami, Auburn, Oklahoma St, etc. dont feel like his growth is stunted
would you not agree though?  Going from Shotgun all game will mess a freshman QB up when he gets to a Pro-System (isnt that the goal)?  Instead of beating teams 49-7 from Shotgun, how about beat teams 28-7 using a Pro-system...?

JMO.  If I was a High School coach, id be more concerned about getting my players overall experience, rather than just one type. Just me tho

jamie72921

Quote from: GoHoGsGo06 on December 17, 2009, 10:46:20 am
would you not agree though?  Going from Shotgun all game will mess a freshman QB up when he gets to a Pro-System (isnt that the goal)?  Instead of beating teams 49-7 from Shotgun, how about beat teams 28-7 using a Pro-system...?

JMO.  If I was a High School coach, id be more concerned about getting my players overall experience, rather than just one type. Just me tho

Isn't that what redshirts and spring and fall practices are for?

Taking your stance to its logical conclusion would call for the recruit to also use the same play books as his top 5 and run some NFL packages too.
Bless your heart

The_Bionic_Pig

Kiehl Frazier was a practice yesterday  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Kenny Hawgins

the first goal of high school coaches is to win; not worry about skills that aren't relevant to the offense they're running.  spread systems are in vogue now.  just the way it is i guess.  give it some time.  with us slinging the ball around, we'll bring the prostyle back into popularity.  it'll be the petrino system. ;)

Zen_Hog

I guess you didn't grow up running the wing t/wishbone/flexbone/veer

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: 350Z on December 17, 2009, 12:15:15 pm
kinda what i was thinking. 

GoHoGsGo06

Quote from: 350Z on December 17, 2009, 12:15:15 pm
No i didnt, i kind of grew up in the middle of both.  My high school went from running the wishbone offense to Spread-Shotgun every play in 2 years.

My point is the same though.  IN the NFL, there are 0 teams that run every down and 0 teams that throw it from shotgun every down (Yes, I know Shiloh doesnt throw every down, and No, the Saints dont throw it every down).  I just think from a player standpoint, it is more beneficial to them to more overall experience, instead of just one aspect (running or throwing).

Just my personal take on it.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: GoHoGsGo06 on December 17, 2009, 12:39:15 pm
No i didnt, i kind of grew up in the middle of both.  My high school went from running the wishbone offense to Spread-Shotgun every play in 2 years.

My point is the same though.  IN the NFL, there are 0 teams that run every down and 0 teams that throw it from shotgun every down (Yes, I know Shiloh doesnt throw every down, and No, the Saints dont throw it every down).  I just think from a player standpoint, it is more beneficial to them to more overall experience, instead of just one aspect (running or throwing).

Just my personal take on it.
just think of it this way.  it probably means that some guys that petrino wants at qb will fly under the radar some.

tbhogfan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on December 17, 2009, 11:52:37 am
Kiehl Frazier was a practice yesterday  ;)

And he was watching a mobile QB's dream offense.   
Go Hogs!

dqhog33

He wont play for a few years until Brandon Mitchell graduates, he isnt as good as him

hogfan61490

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: dqhog33 on December 17, 2009, 09:15:41 pm
He wont play for a few years until Brandon Mitchell graduates, he isnt as good as him
he's younger.  geez

racinghog

Experience with what exactly? Would you have the state legislature make a law that all HS run the same off and def as the hogs? Would the HS coaches then have to call the hog coaches for permission to change something? I really do not follow your line of reasoning so lets play some what if's.

What if you had QB's who could not throw-up?
What if you had receivers who couldn't catch a cold in Alaska butt-naked?
What if your line was small but quick?
What if you team speed was, shall we say SLOW?
What if you had only 2 kids that could play LB, but the hogs want to play with 3?
What if you had a running back like McFadden?
What if your team was not blessed with much intelligence?
What if.........ect. ect. ect.

All successful HS coaches run a system they know. They build around this knowledge with the tallent they have. To do anything else leads to unemployment. So if you land that HC position then you can implement you pro offense. But please do not run around trying tell other coaches what they should do.

Rockhawg

If i were a Top recruit at QB and my H.S. ran the Spread 95 % of the time or ran the Wishbone 95 % 0f the time.
I would ask my Center ( whom i should have a good relationship with ) to stay after practice
or meet me at my house and practice that which i am not use to running.

Hogview

Would it be NCAA legal for a high school QB like Frazier to take a snap or two in a college practice?  I mean like during a non contact type scrimmage where there was no chance for him to get injuried of course.  Thanks.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on December 17, 2009, 12:10:50 pm
the first goal of high school coaches is to win; not worry about skills that aren't relevant to the offense they're running.  spread systems are in vogue now.  just the way it is i guess.  give it some time.  with us slinging the ball around, we'll bring the prostyle back into popularity.  it'll be the petrino system. ;)

Hopefully over the next few years Petrino can provide plenty coaching seminars to our HS coaches on his pro-style philosophy.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: Hogview on December 20, 2009, 11:07:45 am
Would it be NCAA legal for a high school QB like Frazier to take a snap or two in a college practice?  I mean like during a non contact type scrimmage where there was no chance for him to get injuried of course.  Thanks.

Pretty sure its illegal for recruits to participate in practice.

The Galloping Ghost

I've got some news for you fellas. Since this taking snaps under center thing seems to be an issue with these spread QB's, I decided to straight to the source on this one. I asked about Kiehl's ability to take snaps and was told by a Coach that he has no problem with it at all. He told me they have formations that are run with the QB under center. But the kicker was this. Kiehl's younger brother Jed will most likely be the starting center next season seeing that they are losing their starting center to graduation. I was told that he and Kiehl work together regularly with Kiehl taking standard snaps to work on footwork in 3,5, and 7 step drops. I consider that good news.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

racinghog

Thanks Ghost, I guess we can put this to rest now. +1

Oklahawg

ghost, thanks.

The issue isn't whether they take snaps under center or not. The issue is how well they can adapt and import that skill. Nothing prevents a QB from picking it up easily.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The Galloping Ghost

That is very true...it just seems that because the "issue" has been mentioned with one of our QB's it seems every time a QB is mentioned that works out of a spread offense this is the first thing mentioned...on this board anyway.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Cajun Hog

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on December 20, 2009, 05:53:55 pm
I've got some news for you fellas. Since this taking snaps under center thing seems to be an issue with these spread QB's, I decided to straight to the source on this one. I asked about Kiehl's ability to take snaps and was told by a Coach that he has no problem with it at all. He told me they have formations that are run with the QB under center. But the kicker was this. Kiehl's younger brother Jed will most likely be the starting center next season seeing that they are losing their starting center to graduation. I was told that he and Kiehl work together regularly with Kiehl taking standard snaps to work on footwork in 3,5, and 7 step drops. I consider that good news.

Keihl can and will handle either under center or in shotgun just fine.  Time to give it a rest on the nitpicking every kid. They all have thing to work on and will.   

hawgwash

For generations and generations, junior high QBs from De Queen to Corning, and all points in between and beyond, learned how to take a snap from center, and in almost all cases were able to master this "skill" with few mishaps.  There's no reason any college level QB can't be taught to do this.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: hawgwash on December 21, 2009, 08:26:36 am
For generations and generations, junior high QBs from De Queen to Corning, and all points in between and beyond, learned how to take a snap from center, and in almost all cases were able to master this "skill" with few mishaps.  There's no reason any college level QB can't be taught to do this.
I think I might have been misunderstood...this is the point I was trying to make...with example how it was being handled.

OLDHOG

Then why can't Wilson do it already?
Quote from: hawgwash on December 21, 2009, 08:26:36 am

hawgwash

Quote from: OLDHOG on December 21, 2009, 09:07:34 am
Then why can't Wilson do it already?
In my opinion, he should be able to do it already.  I don't know why it's a problem for him, but if he can't work it out I think it will cost him playing time.