Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You can cross off Smith

Started by OKhogfan1959, December 16, 2009, 02:34:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsfan4l1fe

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on December 16, 2009, 04:48:48 pm
I keep seeing you post this 30-40 recruits coming.  I have no faith in this staff to pull in any recruits that will HELP NEXT YEAR.  They'll continue getting 6'8, 210 DE's to redshirt and wait 4yrs to bulk up and play. 

And the way i see it, that'll be 30-40 recruits that will decide to play elsewhere.  We'll get a few 250lb 2* DT's and every recruiting guru in Ark will talk about how much he flew under the radar or that he got his tape sent in late. 

Just like the height and weights of our recruits is usually 1-2 inches off and 10-20 lbs off.  Our recruiting classes in the past have not been very good so they feel the need to bump up their measurements.  Hey, a 230lb LB sounds good no matter what he is ranked.  Too bad he shows up 210 and takes 3yrs to get on the field and thens its only ST work.

I dont care what anyone says.  If we lose Byran Jones, Dyer and Brishon Matthews, that is inexcusable.  2 of 3 are MUST GETS in Jones and Matthews.

Yea, because it's not like we had a Dline commit from last year contribute this season.  DD Jones thinks you are all ate up with teh dumas.

1HourToHogville

we should seriously merge jump ball and the recruiting forum into the the negative people post her forum....

GoHoGsGo06

Just because you have an opinion, doesnt make it negative.  Most people claiming for Pelphreys/WRs/Recruiters heads are the same people that want to win National Championships/SEC Championships. 

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: hogsfan4l1fe on December 17, 2009, 09:12:50 am
Yea, because it's not like we had a Dline commit from last year contribute this season.  DD Jones thinks you are all ate up with teh dumas.

Don't confuse the uninformed and ignorant with facts.  It's over their head.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

jamie72921

Quote from: Oliver Miller on December 16, 2009, 02:53:50 pm
Willy wasn't even recruiting Smith...it was McGee.  Then again I don't really know what Willys purpose is on this staff except to provide the sidelines with a token mustache.

I guess it was to sign Crim, DD Jones and Anthony Leon.

Yep Robinson sucks as a recruiter for sure.
Bless your heart

HogInThaGrove

If this kid decided that TTech was better, he doesn't need to be here anyway. WR's schemes were too complex for anybody to understand last year, and if this kid isn't smarter than to know UA is the place to be over Tech, then he couldn't have picked them up anyway. 

See ya in when we're in a BCS bowl next year.

Porkys Revenge

I think Willys schemes are too complex for Willy.

Verge

Why don't we just pay them more money.... recruiting for college isn't very hard.

3BoarsDown

Apparently Tech hasn't received Smith's LOI yet.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on December 17, 2009, 02:14:31 pm
Apparently Tech hasn't received Smith's LOI yet.

Really?  Where'd you hear that?  Wasn't the signing day yesterday?  Is it because he isn't ready to send it in or some screw up in transit?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

GoHoGsGo06

Doesnt matter if it is lost in transit or not.  He signed it already, meaning if he wants out of it, he has to sit a year.

cbjagman

December 17, 2009, 03:37:22 pm #62 Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:39:24 pm by cbjagman
While I try not to put too much emphasis on any one player, losing this one definitely hurts. Could have gone through spring practice and has the tools to possibly be an impact LB. I just don't understand the big attraction of TT. Nice school; however, IMHO no better than the Hogs and certainly in a lesser conference with inferior facilities and location. Then again as an admitted "homer", what do I know? All I can say is that we better not totally "whiff" this weekend.

GoHoGsGo06

Quote from: cbjagman on December 17, 2009, 03:37:22 pm
While I try not to put too much emphasis on any one player, losing this one definitely hurts. Could have gone through spring practice and has the tools to possibly be an impact LB. I just don't understand the big attraction of TT. Nice school; however, IMHO no better than the Hogs and certainly in a lesser conference with inferior facilities and location.
Would you want to play for a coach who had 2 years of the worst defense in his league?

KevinOMReb

Quote from: Porkyswine on December 16, 2009, 07:29:57 pm
If I hear any more "its early" or "Wait till Feb" or "I trust this staff".  They whiffed on DEs this year, and except for DD, they whiffed on dline last year.  A coach close to Byran Jones (reported on another site) said that he really feels that Jones will choose between Auburn and Ole Miss unless LSU offers.  On defense, we get an "F" in recruiting.  They can't even sell "come in and start from day 1" to these guys.  Auburn got Mosely.  You dam right the Gdam sky is falling.  I want to puke hearing the spin -- a bunch of 12th rated defense loving mfers.  Sorry for venting, but I am p*ssed.

Bryan Jones is likely a sign-and-place regardless.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: GoHoGsGo06 on December 17, 2009, 03:30:29 pm
Doesnt matter if it is lost in transit or not.  He signed it already, meaning if he wants out of it, he has to sit a year.

Multiple posters on another board are reporting that he hasn't signed it yet.  They're saying his coach told everyone he signed with Tech.  Wishful thinking or good information?  I don't know, but I did find that after seeing it on here.  I'm gonna presume that is wishful thinking unless I hear otherwise from someone like Rivals or RD.

AnthroHog

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 17, 2009, 03:19:46 pm
Really?  Where'd you hear that?  Wasn't the signing day yesterday?  Is it because he isn't ready to send it in or some screw up in transit?

It is an early Signing Period and it runs from December 16 to January 15.  Who knows, has he had any actual quotes since he decided on Tech?

GoHoGsGo06

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 17, 2009, 03:57:00 pm
Multiple posters on another board are reporting that he hasn't signed it yet.  They're saying his coach told everyone he signed with Tech.  Wishful thinking or good information?  I don't know, but I did find that after seeing it on here.  I'm gonna presume that is wishful thinking unless I hear otherwise from someone like Rivals or RD.
well rivals or scout has him down for "signed letter of intent", whatever that means. Could they be wrong..sure.  Are they wrong...not likely

beansandtaters

Quote from: GoHoGsGo06 on December 17, 2009, 04:55:29 pm
well rivals or scout has him down for "signed letter of intent", whatever that means. Could they be wrong..sure.  Are they wrong...not likely

Not anymore...it only says "Committed". Hmmm...

HoginClinton

December 17, 2009, 05:07:57 pm #69 Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 05:13:12 pm by HoginClinton
Who is Michael Lombardo? I'm also read he is committed to Arkansas State. May just be a mixup.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=8&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d8%26season%3d2010

samurai

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 16, 2009, 04:53:29 pm
But we only have 3-5 spots regardless of the number of visits to come.  Even if we get all 4 stars from here on out then we just salvage average.  That is best case scenario.
What rosy scenario makes you think anytime before hell freezes over that we are going to top off with all 4 stars we dont have that kind of average on stars to start this class and we are losing recruits to tt and osu both ugly ass prairie towns with nothing to do but cow tipping and driving through the cotton farms

cardinalandwhite

December 17, 2009, 09:09:46 pm #71 Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:12:06 pm by cardinalandwhite
Any Rivals insiders care to share what Texas Tech's Rivals site is reporting Scott Smith told them today at 8:30?  Please.  I'll settle for a PM if it isn't something that we're supposed to put on a main thread.

EDIT:  That's 8:30 PM.

stchane

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 17, 2009, 09:09:46 pm
Any Rivals insiders care to share what Texas Tech's Rivals site is reporting Scott Smith told them today at 8:30?  Please.  I'll settle for a PM if it isn't something that we're supposed to put on a main thread.

EDIT:  That's 8:30 PM.

He's showing up as one of their commits.
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: stchane on December 17, 2009, 09:50:50 pm
He's showing up as one of their commits.

He was showing up as having signed a LOI.  I'm wondering what the stupid article says.

Oklahawg

Quote from: GoHoGsGo06 on December 17, 2009, 03:30:29 pm

Wrong.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: KevinOMReb on December 17, 2009, 03:43:18 pm
Bryan Jones is likely a sign-and-place regardless.

I've heard this as well.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

I'll ask a simple question. When you all have proof of the answer get back to me.

"What is the staff's wishlist for DL?" Ie, who is #1 at DT, #2, etc.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 18, 2009, 08:19:03 am
I'll ask a simple question. When you all have proof of the answer get back to me.

"What is the staff's wishlist for DL?" Ie, who is #1 at DT, #2, etc.

Nobody has that proof, but I am gueesing that #1, 2, etc are likely long gone and we have are on down the list.  But I cant prove that either.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 18, 2009, 08:26:34 am

Nobody has that proof, but I am gueesing that #1, 2, etc are likely long gone and we have are on down the list.  But I cant prove that either.

Or...maybe #2 is Jeremiah Jackson from AL, who committed a long time ago. And, maybe #1 is sitting with the Hogs in their Top 3.

Or, maybe we are in the low teens and the staff is looking for sales jobs in modular homes.

We just don't know.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 18, 2009, 08:28:04 am
Or...maybe #2 is Jeremiah Jackson from AL, who committed a long time ago. And, maybe #1 is sitting with the Hogs in their Top 3.

Or, maybe we are in the low teens and the staff is looking for sales jobs in modular homes.

We just don't know.

Maybe.  I try not to know too much about anything.  I find claiming ignorance is always my most effective defense!  ; )

stchane

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 18, 2009, 08:33:54 am
Maybe.  I try not to know too much about anything.  I find claiming ignorance is always my most effective defense!  ; )

Speculation = ignorance. 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane